Bills 2018 Mock Draft Watch

(TRADE) 4. Buffalo Bills - QB Josh Rosen, UCLA - This is a projected trade, as the Bills send the No. 12, No. 22 and a second round selection to the Browns to move up to No. 4.

If we look at the passers the Bills recently moved on from (Tyrod Taylor) and acquired (Nathan Peterman and A.J. McCarron), it appears the Bills want a prototypical pocket passer. Rosen is easily the best quarterback that fits that label. Josh Allen might as well. The Bills seemed to be interested in last year’s quarterback class (maybe Mitchell Trubisky specifically) and likely plan to not be near the top of the draft for years. Shoot your quarterback shot now.

McShay has the Bills trading up to 2 to select Allen.  Kiper has them staying but at 12 and 22 to select Termaine Edmunds and Lamar Jackson.

At 53 Kiper has the Bills selecting Courtland Sutton.  At 56 Kiper goes with CB Carlton Davis while McShay has WR James Washington.

2. **PROPOSED TRADE** Bills (from Giants) — Sam Darnold, QB, USC: OK, let's have some fun. Buffalo didn't believe in Taylor and certainly didn't invest in AJ McCarron at a level that would suggest team brass believes he'll replicate his championship feats at Alabama. But with Darnold, widely regarded as the best overall quarterback in the draft, on the board in our scenario, GM Brandon Beane has to complete his systematic trek to the top of the board to get the long-awaited successor to Jim Kelly. But this won't come cheaply given the price the Jets already paid (three second rounders) just to move up three pegs. Giants GM Dave Gettleman could reasonably expect Beane to fork over the 12th and 22nd picks of this draft and next year's first rounder.

On 3/28/2018 at 8:23 PM, bkep32 said:

if we cant find a trade partner or a qb doesnt fall then i wouldnt mind these 2 picks.

Love the Edwards pick. But, please, no first round cornerback!Either defensive line, maybe a center, or possibly even Rudolf if he is there

23 hours ago, 26CornerBlitz said:

McShay has the Bills trading up to 2 to select Allen.  Kiper has them staying but at 12 and 22 to select Termaine Edmunds and Lamar Jackson.

At 53 Kiper has the Bills selecting Courtland Sutton.  At 56 Kiper goes with CB Carlton Davis while McShay has WR James Washington.

Not a fan of the McShay mock.  The Kiper mock has two guys I like, the defenders.  I don't know what to think about Lamar Jackson.  I'm not a Courtland Sutton fan.  Not very explosive and there is no variation in his running routes.  I think he's another version of Kelvin Benjamin.  He's not going to separate from defenders so just throw jump balls all day.

12. Buffalo Bills (from Cincinnati Bengals) Louisville QB Lamar Jackson

If they can’t trade up for a crack at one of these coinflip quarterbacks, here’s a crazy idea: flip flop with Green Bay two picks down. Washington isn’t taking a QB at 13 (right?) so why not fetch something from the Packers, who we think would love Ward? Well, we don’t project trades here, remember? So it’s Jackson, who once (LOL) lost a game to Nathan Peterman. But that was before he was Lamar Jackson, so it’s different now. Seriously, though, he could go up to Buffalo and be ready to push A.J. McCarron — in what surely is the most interesting QB room in America — right away.

That is, if another team that quietly has shown a lot of interest in Jackson for a few years now doesn’t find a way to sneak up and leapfrog the Bills. Keep reading 

22. Bills (from Bengals) — Florida DT Taven Bryan

It’s all but assumed that this pick will be traded as the Bills seek to zoom up and take a QB. But if that doesn’t happen, we could see them use this for a high-ceiling player such as Bryan. Kyle Williams is back for one year, and they need more interior pass-rush skill. They also could go for someone such as UTEP's Will Hernandez, who can help the interior on the other side of the ball.

Again, this is all in a if-they-don't-trade up world. That world might not exist in a few weeks.

2018 NFL Mock Draft: Bears take a surprise LB at No. 8; four QBs go in top five
by Pete Prisco

As we get closer to the NFL Draft, it's becoming clear that the top four quarterbacks will be off the board by the time pick No. 10 comes around. In fact, there is a good chance four could go in the top-5 picks.
That's how I have it in my latest mock draft (No. 5 for me). I have the Cleveland Browns taking Wyoming'sJosh Allen with the first-overall pick, followed by the Buffalo Bills – making a trade to the second spot with the Giants – taking Josh Rosenfrom UCLA.

2. Buffalo Bills (via mock trade with Giants)

Josh Rosen, QB, UCLA. They make the bold move to go up and get their quarterback of the future. This is a move they have to make considering their current roster makeup.