Jump to content
26CornerBlitz

Bills 2018 Mock Draft Watch

Recommended Posts

MOCK DRAFT WATCH 1.0
Here's a first look at the Bills Mock Draft Watch for 2018. National media are making their predictions on who the Bills will take in the first round of the 2018 NFL Draft.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
5 minutes ago, NewDayBills said:

21. Roquan Smith

22.) Vita Vea

33.) Mason Rudolph (trade up with CLE)

Love the players...I just don’t think Smith will make it out of the top 15- I think we would have to trade up for him...hopefully then we could take Rudolph at 22...and then fill our DL through FA.

  • Like 3

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
39 minutes ago, Green Lightning said:

I don't think Rudolph lasts until 21.

Where do you think he goes?  And what qb do you think will be available at 21?  I personally think Rudolph, Jackson, and Allen will still all be on the board at 21.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
6 minutes ago, Zebrastripes said:

Where do you think he goes?  And what qb do you think will be available at 21?  I personally think Rudolph, Jackson, and Allen will still all be on the board at 21.

 

I think Arizona takes him. The wild card is Washington and Cousins. I would love it if the Jets would break the bank and sign Cousins but if not I can't believe they pass up on one of the quarterbacks coming out. Gets to be a numbers game after that.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Green Lightning said:

 

I think Arizona takes him. The wild card is Washington and Cousins. I would love it if the Jets would break the bank and sign Cousins but if not I can't believe they pass up on one of the quarterbacks coming out. Gets to be a numbers game after that.

I agree a ton hinges on the whole Cousins situation and where he ends up.  As for the Jets I'm not sure what route they go.  It's no secret they need a QB but I think they may want to fill their roster out a bit more before drafting their guy.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

IF they do not land Cousins they best trade up for a Qb.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, Mat68 said:

IF they do not land Cousins they best trade up for a Qb.

 

Far better to trade up for a 5 year cost controlled rookie QB than hamstring the team with Cousins who's simply not good enough to carry a team as a franchise QB.  I'd find a bridge veteran until the 1st round rookie is ready. 

  • Like 3

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 minutes ago, Mat68 said:

IF they do not land Cousins they best trade up for a Qb.

Cousins will command more than his worth; could get close to 30 million per year, which would lose all the cap management effort OBD has done.  We should trade up for Rosen, Darnold, or Mayfield.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4 minutes ago, Mat68 said:

IF they do not land Cousins they best trade up for a Qb.

I'd be shocked if the front office even will target Cousins and his inflated self worth.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
12 minutes ago, 26CornerBlitz said:

 

Far better to trade up for a 5 year cost controlled rookie QB than hamstring the team with Cousins who's simply not good enough to carry a team as a franchise QB.  I'd find a bridge veteran until the 1st round rookie is ready. 

Not necessarily, if you trade a lot of picks to move up, they’ll need all that cap space to pay free agents to fill the other positions 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4 minutes ago, Dr. Who said:

Cousins will command more than his worth; could get close to 30 million per year, which would lose all the cap management effort OBD has done.  We should trade up for Rosen, Darnold, or Mayfield.

 

3 minutes ago, Zebrastripes said:

I'd be shocked if the front office even will target Cousins and his inflated self worth.

I agree with both of you.  I dont expect to land Cousins so I would be pissed if any of these mocks is how the first rd went.  These only work if Buffalo lands Cousins.  IMO Buffalo has two options this offseason, sign Cousins or trade up for a top 4 Qb.  Rosen, Darnold, Allen, or Mayfield.   Outside of those outcomes the QB position is still stagnant and Buffalo will not have the the picks and capital to make a move up the board for a Qb after this year.  There is a chance that any of the top 4 picks could be had.  Two are highly likely Indy and one of the Cleveland picks.  The other team is the Giants and there new GM is Gettleman just so happens to be Beane's mentor.  They need a massive Oline up grade we got a LT on the outs and 2 early 20 picks where you can get the best guard and right tackle.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
14 minutes ago, Dr. Who said:

Cousins will command more than his worth; could get close to 30 million per year, which would lose all the cap management effort OBD has done.  We should trade up for Rosen, Darnold, or Mayfield.

I just don’t see how they could get high enough to get that done.  *Maybe* they could get far enough up to get Mayfield.

 

i would not trade more than both ones this year to move up for any of these QBs.  Yes, the team needs a QB desperately, but I would not want to trade both 1s this year and next year’s 1 - I just don’t see these guys as can’t-miss.

  • Like 3

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

The success of Tre White really diminishes the value of the extra first rounder.  It is really extra and moe complementary to the player they drafted last year.  They also have an extra Second rounder and if Gaines is retained that is truely anextra 2nd.  Both 1's one of the 2's and next year 2nd or 3rd makes it happen.  Buffalo would have much better Qb prospect the franchise has had since Kelly.  Buffalo still would have a complement of 7 picks this year.  They can make a big package and not be stuck with a draft were you got a Qb and nothing.  They can get a franchise caliber Qb and 2 potential day 1 starters and use the cap space to fill the holes on the roster.  It makes complete sense to me.

 

Edited by Mat68

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 hours ago, Green Lightning said:

I don't think Rudolph lasts until 21.

I don't either. His stock went up after his performance against VT in the bowl game.

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
6 minutes ago, Mat68 said:

The success of Tre White really diminishes the value of the extra first rounder.  It is really extra and moe complementary to the player they drafted last year.  They also have an extra Second rounder and if Gaines is retained that is truely anextra 2nd.  Both 1's one of the 2's and next year 2nd or 3rd makes it happen.  Buffalo would have much better Qb prospect the franchise has had since Kelly.  Buffalo still would have a complement of 7 picks this year.  They can make a big package and not be stuck with a draft were you got a Qb and nothing.  They can get a franchise caliber Qb and 2 potential day 1 starters and use the cap space to fill the holes on the roster.  It makes complete sense to me.

 

That is a lot to give up even for a QB.  

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Do we think that six QBs will be picked in the top 10?  Seems unlikely to me, so we need to move up to anywhere 7-10 and likely get to choose between Rudolph and Jackson in my guesstimation. That equates to a 1,2 and 3rd to get to 7. Not too steep.

Edited by Bills Fan of Maryland
  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 minutes ago, OldTimer1960 said:

That is a lot to give up even for a QB.  

I personally would mortgage the farm for a chance at landing a franchise qb.

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
15 minutes ago, OldTimer1960 said:

That is a lot to give up even for a QB.  

If they turn out to be Wentz or Goeff it is not enough

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
11 minutes ago, Zebrastripes said:

I personally would mortgage the farm for a chance at landing a franchise qb.

With the compliment of picks Buffalo has they are not mortgaging the farm.  They are using the return on an investment and not touching the farm.

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

In Buffalos case this year yes.  I'm just saying if you have a chance to land the "franchise" guy you should do whatever it takes to get him because franchise qbs don't grow on trees.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Literally, Buffalo could make one of the larger packages seen in recent years to move up and have a full complaint of picks for the remaining rounds in 2018 all while not cannibalizing the 2019 draft to do so.  

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

×