Bills 2018 Mock Draft Watch

1 hour ago, DJB said:

I love D Jeremiah  new mock. Rosen ar 12, Leighton  Vander  esch  at 22

Basically plugs the biggest franchise holes with no need to trade up. I still think if Rosen makes it past the Broncos we trade up in that 6-10 range. This type of first round would be a home run. 

• Like (+1) 1

Russell Brown | Top 160 Big Board | Cover 1

I’m a firm believe that if you like a player, take that player. If you can move down and get that player, even better. Sometimes, you just have to force your hand and stay true to your board. For example, I had JuJu Smith-Schuster ranked as the third-best wide receiver last year, but I let the media and colleagues convince me that John Ross was the better wide receiver. Trust the tape and let the board play itself out.

After plenty of film study and going over the strengths and weaknesses of players, I’ve put together my official big board for the 2018 NFL Draft! I only graded 100 players, but altogether, I feel comfortable placing 160 players that I’ve watched. Honestly, I’ve watched more than 160 players, but I don’t feel confident in placing those players on the board without more study of their film. Without further adieu, I bring you my big board for the 2018 NFL Draft!

On 4/17/2018 at 9:13 AM, BillsFan4 said:

My favorite mock draft yet!!! 

OMG can you imagine getting Rosen at 12 AND Vander Esch at 22?! Plus keeping ALL our picks... sounds too good to be true! lol 

And then we all wake up and realize it's just now Thursday morning the 26th and say

Image result for Florida Evans Damn Damn Damn

• Haha (+1) 1

2) Bills: (via trade with Giants): USC QB Sam Darnold

I don’t buy that Dave Gettleman has an aversion to trading down. Oh, sure, he never did it in Carolina, but Big Blue’s new boss man is sitting on a gold mine with Darnold still on the board. Some folks that matter in the Giants building aren’t in love with Darnold, so logic dictates that Gettleman use Buffalo’s quarterback desperation to his advantage. Grab the No. 12 and No. 22 picks along with one of the Bills’ two second-rounders this year (Nos. 53 or 56) and a 2019 second-rounder.

Are you telling me that the Giants would pass on an offer that includes an additional first rounder and two second-rounders to move from No. 2 to No. 12? If you are, I don’t believe you. The Giants would make out like bandits.

If the Big Blue brass truly still believes in Eli Manning, then this is a no-brainer. Bills GM Brandon Beane won’t care what it cost to get his quarterback if the USC golden boy turns into a star.

7.) BUFFALO BILLS - Josh Rosen (QB, UCLA)
***Trade with Buccaneers; Bills give up 12, 53, and 121***

COMMENT: This is a really good scenario for the Bills. Three quarterbacks are taken ahead of Rosen, considered by most to be the best pure passer in this draft. And with him falling all the way to No. 7, general manager Brandon Beane doesn’t have to give up nearly as much as he would have to get into the top-five. Using the trade the Dolphins just made as a baseline, the Bills can still keep their second first round pick in this draft (No. 22), but give up the first of their two second rounders and a fourth to get the deal done. For the Bucs, who want a defensive back and have only six picks in this draft, no safeties or cornerbacks have come off the board yet, so they know they’ll still have a great shot to get one of the top guys at either position after dropping five spots, and they pick up two additional picks, as well.

22.) BUFFALO BILLS - Leighton Vander Esch (LB, Boise State)

COMMENT: After losing Preston Brown in free agency, the Bills are able to land one of the top linebacker prospects in the class as his replacement. The athletic and versatile Vander Esch will immediate help against both the run and the pass. He’ll be penciled in to start right away with his former Boise State teammate Tanner Vallejo backing him up.

Sam Darnold QB USC

*Projected Trade* It's looking like the Bills are targeting Darnold and want to move up to make it happen. Jumping the Jets to ensure they get Darnold is the goal, and the Giants are willing to move.

Isaiah Wynn OG Georgia

Bills offensive line has been decimated by trades, injuries and retirements. Wynn can plug one of the holes right away.

Billy Price G/C Ohio State

On ‎4‎/‎17‎/‎2018 at 7:20 PM, 26CornerBlitz said:

Mock Draft: April 17 | Draft Analyst

Buffalo Bills  (via Cincinnati Bengals)

Mike McGlinchey

OT

Notre Dame

Analysis: The Bills will do all they can to move up and select a quarterback, but what if they can’t? They lost two starting offensive linemen this offseason and need immediate help up front.

Buffalo Bills

Lamar Jackson

QB

Louisville

Analysis: This is the contingency plan if the Bills can’t move up and draft one of the top three quarterbacks.

No. 53 Buffalo Bills - James Washington/WR/Oklahoma State
No. 56 Buffalo Bills - Kyzir White/S/West Virginia
No. 65 Buffalo Bills - Frank Ragnow/C/Arkansas
No. 96 Buffalo Bills - Armani Watts/S/Texas A&M

this is why mock drafts done by ppl who don't watch the bills are ridiculous. no way we draft 2 safeties in the first 3 rounds, its the only position we are in good shape at. Where did this one come from?

41 minutes ago, 26CornerBlitz said:

Sam Darnold QB USC

*Projected Trade* It's looking like the Bills are targeting Darnold and want to move up to make it happen. Jumping the Jets to ensure they get Darnold is the goal, and the Giants are willing to move.

Isaiah Wynn OG Georgia

Bills offensive line has been decimated by trades, injuries and retirements. Wynn can plug one of the holes right away.

I wouldn't hate this except id like a LB at 22 or at 56

Just now, Wsam4031 said:

this is why mock drafts done by ppl who don't watch the bills are ridiculous. no way we draft 2 safeties in the first 3 rounds, its the only position we are in good shape at. Where did this one come from?

I wouldn't hate this except id like a LB at 22 or at 56

I agree. The MLB position is the biggest hole on the roster after QB. 

1 minute ago, 26CornerBlitz said:

I agree. The MLB position is the biggest hole on the roster after QB. 

if we can get Darnold at 2 and somehow keep 22 and 56 id go LVE at 22 and Price at 56 is a steal

19 hours ago, 26CornerBlitz said:

Sam Darnold QB USC

Isaiah Wynn OG Georgia

How in the hell does this Ryan McCrystal dude think B-Lo can jump to #2 w/o giving up #22 and #56 or #53???

Giants decide it's worth just to swap #1s?

Edited by TheBeane

Dane Brugler and Rob Rang of NFLDraftScout.com both released their fifth mock draft of the offseason. Both draft analysts had the Buffalo Bills remaining at pick 12 (Rang's projection did not allow trades). At No. 12, Brugler and Rang both had the team select a quarterback.

Brugler's mock draft saw the Bills select Louisville quarterback Lamar Jackson. Sam Darnold, Baker Mayfield and Josh Allen were all taken by pick five. Josh Rosen, a quarterback the Bills have met with multiple times during the draft process, almost fell to Buffalo, but was taken at No. 11 by the Dolphins. With the top four quarterbacks gone, here is what Brugler said about the Bills selecting Jackson.

With the draft assets to make a move up the draft board for a quarterback, the Bills are the team to watch, but if a trade partner cannot be found, Jackson (and the rest of the draft picks) isn't a bad fallback plan.

Rang's mock draft also saw Rosen fall down the draft board. This time, the UCLA product was available at No. 12 for Buffalo. Here is what Rang said about Rosen.

Just now, dave mcbride said:

Buffalo Bills

ROUND OVERALL PLAYER NOTES
1 4 Baker Mayfield, QB, Oklahoma from CLE/HOU
1 12 Traded to Cleveland from CIN
1 22 Isaiah Wynn, G, Georgia from KC
2 34 D.J. Moore, WR, Maryland from NYG
2 53 Darius Leonard, LB, South Carolina State  
2 56 Traded to New York Giants from LAR
3 65 Traded to New York Giants from CLE
3 96 Traded to Cleveland from PHI
4 121 Auden Tate, WR, Florida State  
5 166 Kalen Ballage, RB, Arizona State from JAC
6 187 Traded to Minnesota from CIN
6 204 Christian Campbell, CB, Penn State from MIN
6 218 Jason Cabinda, LB, Penn State from MIN

After quarterbacks go 1-2-3, the Bills trade up to No. 4 by giving the Browns No. 12, No. 96 and their 2019 first-rounder, a pick that I think would appeal to the Browns more than No. 22 this year. It's a similar price to what the Chiefs paid the Bills last year to move from No. 27 to No. 10 for Patrick Mahomes, and though this is a shorter jump in terms of total spots, it's more expensive to move up early in the draft. Mayfield has a sneaky-good chance to be the best QB out of this class.

By trading next year's first, the Bills are free to use No. 22 on the best guard prospect this year outside of Quenton Nelson. The Bills move up in the second round by trading No. 56 and No. 65 to the Giants to land D.J. Moore, who will be an immediate weapon out of the slot and give Mayfield a target monster out of the gate. After the two trades, the Bills are left with just one more Day 2 pick, which they use on a talented linebacker to add to a mediocre unit.

A trade-up for Moore shouldn't prevent the team from continuing to attack their lack of depth at receiver, so they come back and grab a big weapon in Tate who could be a factor in the red zone. Ballage gives depth at running back, especially someone who can spell LeSean McCoy on third down when needed, and a potential return man. In the sixth round, the Bills trade back before landing two depth pieces on defense.

• Like (+1) 1

With under a week to go before the NFL Draft actually starts, Joe B., Matthew Fairburn of NYUpstate.com, and Tyler Dunne of Bleacher Report all got together for a POD MOCK. Teams were evenly distributed between the trio, with trade negotiations very much allowed for this audio mock draft. What do the Bills do? Where do the QBs go? Listen for yourself, including some interesting discussion about LeSean McCoy... and even talk of another giveaway for fans.