Bills 2018 Mock Draft Watch

4. (TRADE) Buffalo Bills - QB Josh Rosen, UCLA - This is a projected trade, as the Bills send the No. 12, No. 22 and a second round selection to the Browns to move up to No. 4. It might take even more than that, like a first-round pick in 2019 instead of the lone second rounder. Or even two second round picks.

If we look at the passers the Bills recently moved on from (Tyrod Taylor) and acquired (Nathan Peterman and A.J. McCarron), it appears the Bills want a prototypical pocket passer. Rosen is easily the best quarterback that fits that label. Josh Allen might as well. The Bills seemed to be interested in last year’s quarterback class (maybe Mitchell Trubisky specifically) and likely plan to not be near the top of the draft for years. Shoot your quarterback shot now.

Edited by 26CornerBlitz

5.) BUFFALO BILLS - Josh Allen (QB, Wyoming)
***Trade with Denver - Bills give up 12, 22, 53, 2019 4th***

COMMENT: With Allen falling out of the top-four, the Bills have a chance to grab one of their top-rated quarterbacks and make a deal with the Broncos to make sure they get him. They could sit at No. 12 and he might still be there, but with the Dolphins and Cardinals also wanting quarterbacks, they make sure they don’t let that happen. They also still retain a second round pick (56) and both third rounders (65 and 96) in this year’s draft, allowing them to still fill needed holes on the roster. For the Broncos, John Elway wants a quarterback for the future, but after signing Case Keenum, he doesn’t need to grab one yet. By moving down, he can pick up another non-quarterback who can help his team win now, which is what they plan to do in 2018. 

....don't get to see college ball and even if I did, not smart enough (everybody knows that by now) to offer up QB assessments........so with multiple QB candidates from multiple conferences, with varying degrees of coaching prowess, competition within conference and outside of, varying offensive philosophies/schemes, strong supporting casts or lack thereof, age, attitude, race, religion, personal preferences, how the hell does anyone determine ONE guy is a BIG cut above the rest?......and who knows what the McBeane/McD/McDaboll preferences are?......if it was that easy, wouldn;t there be several mock drafts in virtual agreement?......we need April 26 ASAP...............

2 hours ago, OldTimeAFLGuy said:

....don't get to see college ball and even if I did, not smart enough (everybody knows that by now) to offer up QB assessments........so with multiple QB candidates from multiple conferences, with varying degrees of coaching prowess, competition within conference and outside of, varying offensive philosophies/schemes, strong supporting casts or lack thereof, age, attitude, race, religion, personal preferences, how the hell does anyone determine ONE guy is a BIG cut above the rest?......and who knows what the McBeane/McD/McDaboll preferences are?......if it was that easy, wouldn;t there be several mock drafts in virtual agreement?......we need April 26 ASAP...............

From all I've read it sounds like Darnold is the #1 process guy therefore a McDermott Beane guy.  Intense prepper during the week, first in last out kind of guy.  If so I say let's trade up and go get him.

• Thank you (+1) 1

Allen is a no go for me. If he drops to 12 i'd still have a hard time taking him. Too many red flags regarding his lack of production. 

For me i'd be fine with any of the following at 12:

Darnold

Rosen

Mayfield

Nelson

Barkley

Chubb

James

Edmunds

Smith

Fitzpatrick

Vea

Ward

Not necessarily that order but beyond getting one of the top 3 QB's i wouldn't mind any of those guys wearing a Bills uni. 

35 minutes ago, thunderingsquid said:

From all I've read it sounds like Darnold is the #1 process guy therefore a McDermott Beane guy.  Intense prepper during the week, first in last out kind of guy.  If so I say let's trade up and go get him.

..thanks for your insight and assessment as usual bud.....April 26+ can't get here soon enough.......if Darnold is their guy, does McBeane expend draft capital to move up?...or does he stay put at 12 and let the draft come to him?....no matter what, I'm running low on Depends, bourbon and popcorn...................stay tuned.....:thumbsup:

• Thank you (+1) 1

39 minutes ago, 26CornerBlitz said:

vzyd7c.jpg

I'm just torn on Allen.  I think he's one of the Bills top QB's.  I think their top guy is Darnold and Allen is their 2nd guy, then Rudolph.  That's not my order but I think when you look at what is being built here  4 QB's off the top that fit what they are building culture wise:  Darnold, Allen, Rudolph, and Falk.  I think that's their order.  I'm not a big fan of it but just looking at what they are trying to build here I wouldn't be surprised if this was their top 4.

7 hours ago, OldTimeAFLGuy said:

..thanks for your insight and assessment as usual bud.....April 26+ can't get here soon enough.......if Darnold is their guy, does McBeane expend draft capital to move up?...or does he stay put at 12 and let the draft come to him?....no matter what, I'm running low on Depends, bourbon and popcorn...................stay tuned.....:thumbsup:

I think we go up and get him, and that a deal has been in place for a while.  We built up way too much draft capital not to move up and not to sign 9 rookies.