Bills 2018 Mock Draft Watch

15 minutes ago, Jamie Muellers Ghost said:

Yikes....a Wide Receiver with our first pick?  Please say no!  I always look to see who the Mock has taken right behind the Bills, because it shows who we passed on.  In this scenario we pass on a couple of Offensive Tackles and Mason Rudolph.  IMHO it would seem like any of those three would be a better fit right now than a wide-out.  I'm willing to wait and see how Zay does in his second year, and I really have to wonder who this Mock suggests will be playing QB for the Bills in 2018.

2 minutes ago, SoCal Deek said:

Yikes....a Wide Receiver with our first pick?  Please say no!  I always look to see who the Mock has taken right behind the Bills, because it shows who we passed on.  In this scenario we pass on a couple of Offensive Tackles and Mason Rudolph.  IMHO it would seem like any of those three would be a better fit right now than a wide-out.  I'm willing to wait and see how Zay does in his second year, and I really have to wonder who this Mock suggests will be playing QB for the Bills in 2018.

I don't see us going for Sutton unless Benjamin does not recover from his knee surgery. Of course Carolina did draft Funchess after they Benjamin as well.

1 minute ago, Jamie Muellers Ghost said:

I don't see us going for Sutton unless Benjamin does not recover from his knee surgery. Of course Carolina did draft Funchess after they Benjamin as well.

Receiver is a massive need for the Bills (regardless of how Zay develops). At this point they can’t count on him as more than a slot guy. Benjamin has 1 year left. The Bills will be adding a guy to be in their top 2. I think FA is the more likely route but the Bills are horrendous at WR.

• Like (+1) 1

20 minutes ago, Kirby Jackson said:

Receiver is a massive need for the Bills (regardless of how Zay develops). At this point they can’t count on him as more than a slot guy. Benjamin has 1 year left. The Bills will be adding a guy to be in their top 2. I think FA is the more likely route but the Bills are horrendous at WR.

You build a team from the center of the field out.  The Bills will have huge needs on both sides of the ball right down the center of the field.  Interior OL, QB, MLB, DT.

10 minutes ago, SoCal Deek said:

You build a team from the center of the field out.  The Bills will have huge needs on both sides of the ball right down the center of the field.  Interior OL, QB, MLB, DT.

I don’t believe that. You win with stars. QB is obviously crucial but I’ll take a star receiver or pass rusher over a center or DT every day. That’s why they make more and get drafted earlier.  How many corners go in round 1 vs. guards? They can impact a game.

I also believe Preston Brown will be back. You have 1 starting LB, 1-2 starting DTs, MAYBE a starting interior OL or RT, a QB, and a #2 WR are the starting spots available (assuming Gaines comes back). 

Edited by Kirby Jackson

On 2/13/2018 at 9:15 AM, 26CornerBlitz said:
MOCK DRAFT
Saquon Barkley is considered by some experts to be the top talent in the 2018 draft. Find out where he, and the other top receivers and running backs, will go in the first round, according to Charley Casserly.

2ngyg7k.jpg

Pete Prisco's Mock Draft:

2018 NFL Mock Draft: Browns take Wyoming QB Josh Allen with top pick

Browns add Saquon Barkley with their second first-round pick

[IMG]21. Buffalo Bills

Mason Rudolph, QB, Oklahoma State. Is this too high? Maybe to some, but he is a guy league scouts like more than draft analysts. The Bills have to try and get a franchise passer if they don't want Tyrod Taylor.

[IMG]22. Buffalo Bills from Chiefs

Billy Price, C Ohio State. With the retirement of center Eric Wood, they have to get a replacement and Price is the best of this year's group. He could also play guard if needed.

TRADE: The Bills pair their two first-round picks to make a move for a quarterback. Conversely, new Packers general manager Brian Gutekunst may look to make a splash in his first draft in charge. To make this one work, the Packers could have to add in a third-round pick to get pick Nos. 21 and 22 from Buffalo.

14. Buffalo Bills (via Green Bay Packers): Josh Allen, QB, Wyoming

If there is a slow play on quarterbacks in the free-agent market, the Bills may need to jump the Arizona Cardinals to get the quarterback they want. In this case, it’s Allen. He’s a physically gifted signal caller who needs to refine his game. The natural skills could lead a team to making a big gamble on draft night.

BUF.png21. Buffalo Bills

Mason Rudolph, QB, Oklahoma State. The Bills will likely explore a variety of trade-up options. Ultimately, the price will be too steep to move around 20 spots in this draft to pick a quarterback. They stay put, pick Rudolph and start to build around him with their glut of early-round picks.

BUF.png22. Buffalo Bills from Chiefs

James Washington, WR, Oklahoma State. If you pick Rudolph, why not pair him with his ultra-productive downfield wideout? Washington has outstanding ball skills, body control, and some of the most electric deep speed in the class. 

2018 NFL Mock Draft 2.0: Bills bold with top-five trade, Saints shock by taking QB

To recap:

The Bills get No. 5 overall and No. 71 overall.

The Broncos get No. 21 overall, No. 22 overall and No. 56 overall.

[IMG]5. Buffalo Bills (VIA MOCK TRADE with Broncos)

Josh Rosen, QB, UCLA: This is a case where the chips fall just right for the Bills. The picks in question (see: above) are close enough in value for the two teams to work out a deal and the inherent talent available makes sense too. The Broncos would prefer a top-tier player, obviously, but after making roster cuts they need more help across the board. The Bills desperately need a quarterback and Rosen dropping to five gives them a real option.

2-20: Will Brinson, CBS Sports, on the John Murphy Show (25:17)

Edited by 26CornerBlitz

2018 NFL Mock Draft | Pre-Combine Edition

5. Buffalo Bills (via Denver Broncos): Baker Mayfield, QB, Oklahoma

Surprise! The Bills have been rumored to be calling around and have some extra draft capital to play with. Reportedly on the trade block? OT Cordy Glenn. What a coincidence that the Broncos just so happen to need some help along the offensive line!

The Bills hit a home run by landing Baker Mayfield here, a move that should put Buffalo back in the playoff picture in 2018.

Previous pick: Josh Allen, QB, Wyoming (Denver)

• Like (+1) 1

If we walked away with Roquon Smith and Davenport at 21 and 22 I would probably start doing blow. That would be a 21 and 22. Sign Lotoulelei and you pretty much have your front 7 solidified. 

This would however mean we were active in the offseason. I would like to sign an experienced and serviceable (not ducasse) rt and center depth. 

QB is still a quandry

On 1/20/2018 at 10:42 AM, Zebrastripes said:

Where do you think he goes?  And what qb do you think will be available at 21?  I personally think Rudolph, Jackson, and Allen will still all be on the board at 21.

That actually would make me SUPER happy.

On 1/20/2018 at 1:06 PM, Bills Fan of Maryland said:

Do we think that six QBs will be picked in the top 10?  Seems unlikely to me, so we need to move up to anywhere 7-10 and likely get to choose between Rudolph and Jackson in my guesstimation. That equates to a 1,2 and 3rd to get to 7. Not too steep.

we would still have a 1 and 2. I would be over the moon with this

On 1/20/2018 at 5:34 PM, billsredneck1 said:

the only problem with this is that, cousins could have been had 3 years ago....or for that matter...the year he was drafted. this org. has sat on it's thumbs and passed up several franchise qbs and here we are arguing over one of them we now can't afford.

screw it, let's start young and build through the "process". let's take rudolph with 21...fleece denver for a 2nd, 3rd and chad kelly for 22 with josh allen still on the board and go into camp with peterman ...who in his second season could give us a geoff like performance and have a young stable of hungry ,potential filled qbs.

the reason we are talking about jimmy g....cousins and the likes of derek carr is because we screwed the pooch in the draft for the last umpteen years. how about we realize what we have in peterman then draft and obtain some young guns and roll with it.

i'd rather roll with nate to get us to  10-6 vs. giving up assets and captial for an alex smith for the same results. i think if we are smart we make the most of this draft and go forward.

what if Nate gets us to 5-11... would you still be good. No shade but i think that MAY be more realistic.

On 1/21/2018 at 3:26 PM, bobobonators said:

I would pop champagne if Smith is there at 21

I would be right there at your doorstep with a cup.

On 1/20/2018 at 10:29 PM, Alphadawg7 said:

My Mock, starting with FA:

Star Lotulelei signed in FA to fill the hole at DT and signed Mike Wallace to be another vet for Zay and our young QB to work with but can still stretch the D with speed.

Draft:

1A - Rashaan Evans - LB (Would love Roquan, but I seriously doubt he is there when we pick)

1B - Mike McGlitchey - OT

Late First/Early 2nd - Lamar or Mason:  Bills trade up packaging one of our 2nds, our 3rd and 5th)

2 - Will Hernandez - OG

4 - Sony Michel or Rashaad Penny - RB

6 - Bo Scaborough - RB

7 - DB/WR who also has ST or KR/PR abilities.

McD gets his LB to anchor the D and we shore up help on the OL at Tackle and Guard, plus get a potential heir to McCoy.  We steal Bo in the 6th who falls because of injury issues, but he won't need to be a feature here and more like a change pace guy in the mold of a Derrick Henry to replace Fat Tolbert.  Daboll likes his power run game, what better way to support his young QB then adding someone to lighten McCoy's work load with the potential to be the feature back in 2019 and a bruiser in Bo?

I would do back flips with this draft and Free Agency

You think Penny is realistic in the 4th?

On 1/21/2018 at 1:25 PM, jrober38 said:

Allen is a terrible QB prospect. There is no difference between him and EJ Manuel. 

His production, and game tape is that of a late round draft pick.

Take away his height and weight, and evaluate him purely as a passer, and he's nothing more than a late round pick. 

A less QB EJ. Rocket arm, but small school and hasnt won like EJ in college. I really am not sure why Allen is such a hot name. Is it because of Wentz?

On 1/21/2018 at 3:18 PM, SouthNYfan said:

Except 90% of the predraft rankings and predictions have him going in the top 15, with about 50% of them having him in the top 5-8.

Guess you know something that NFL scouts and talent evaluators don't.

Tell me more about how he's a "terrible QB prospect" 

No different than EJ?

Nobody had him going as high as Buffalo took him, and the decision was universally panned of my memory serves correctly.

Allen is a consensus high first round pick, the lowest I've seen him going in any mock is 21 to Buffalo.

Is he the #1 pick?

I don't think so.

He's got huge upside, but it's too big a risk for #1 overall.

You have zero idea what you are talking about if you don't think he's a upper half of first round talent.

Good insight. Thanks

On 1/22/2018 at 6:50 PM, 26CornerBlitz said:

In his first mock draft of the season, NFLDraftScout.com's Rob Ranghas the Bills staying put at picks 21 and 22 and adding an impact player on each side of the ball. He started with LSU pass rusher Arden Key, who had an underwhelming final season with the Tigers but has tons of potential. Here's what Rang said: 

"The Bills finished last among playoff teams with just 27 sacks over the regular season. That won't sit well with defensive-minded head coach Sean McDermott, who could see the 6-5, 265-pound Key as the perfect edge rusher to unlock Buffalo's potential."

The blockbuster pick of Rang's draft comes at 22, though. With that pick, he has the Bills taking Louisville quarterback Lamar Jackson. Jackson is a polarizing prospect in the NFL Draft community. Former Bills general manager Bill Polian thinks Jackson would fit best in the NFL as a wide receiver, but his passing acumen developed well during his time at Louisville. Jackson is still an unfinished product at quarterback, but there's not much reason to think he can't continue his ascent and become a franchise quarterback. 

Is there any way possible Arden falls that far. I havent seen him anywhere near us. Ill take that 21 and 22 in a heartbeat

On 1/30/2018 at 8:49 AM, 26CornerBlitz said:

Trapasso's latest mock draft: https://www.cbssports.com/nfl/draft/news/2018-nfl-mock-draft-raiders-go-defense-ravens-add-much-needed-wr-speed/

BUF.png21. Buffalo Bills
Mason Rudolph, QB, Oklahoma State. This pick makes too much sense to tweak right now. The Bills like experienced prospects -- as evidenced by their 2017 draft haul -- and Rudolph gives Buffalo pocket-passing ability with a familiarity in modern spread offenses that feature plenty of run-pass option. Brian Daboll is happy with this pick.

BUF.png22. Buffalo Bills from Chiefs
Ogbonnia Okoronkwo, OLB, Oklahoma. Okoronkwo isn't your father's 4-3 defensive end at 6-1 and 240 pounds, and that's ok. He's an explosive speed-rusher who demonstrates the ability to dip around the edge and bend to the quarterback. The Oklahoma star has a large arsenal of pass-rushing moves too. He can man the SAM spot in Buffalo's front.

In a true 43 why the hell would you draft a Pass rushing OLB!!! Can he cover. He is unblockable but what about defending the other way

On 2/6/2018 at 1:53 PM, whatdrought said:

What about Jackson is better than Taylor? (Not arguing, just genuinely curious)

I think Jackson is the suped up Taylor. To me its like going from iPhone 4 to iPhone 8. basically the same but not the same more capability

On 2/15/2018 at 1:42 PM, Jamie Muellers Ghost said:

WR Over Vita Vea ... negative ... I need to write Mock Draft picks .. with this type of insight .. maybe CBS is hiring.

Albert Breer's latest Mock Draft.

NFL Mock Draft: Vetted by scouts across the league

21. Buffalo: Courtland Sutton, WR, SMU

I’ve had Sutton higher than this. I’ve since heard teams were a tad disappointed in his 2017 season. But he’s got huge potential, and is both Sean McDermott’s kind of receiver and person.

22. Buffalo (from Kansas City): Maurice Hurst, DT, Michigan
Marcell Dareus is gone and Kyle Williams is 34 with an expired deal. Yes, Hurst is short, and may not quite look the part. But he produces, and fits the KK Short role in McDermott’s D.