Bills 2018 Mock Draft Watch

Players I’m looking at...

With a first round pick trade, gain an early 2nd and comp 3rd.

1.Harrison Phillips DT

2.Hayden Hurst TE

Chad Thomas DE

Nick DeLuca ILB

3. Marquise Haynes OLB/DE

Rankin or Crosby OT

Frank Ragnow G/C

4. Matt White QB

Dont see us grabbing a QB in round 1. Unless someone slides who they feel is a top 10.... Allen, Baker?

I think it will be a FA QB.

Pick No. 21: DT Vita Vea, Washington
Pick No. 22: LB Rashaan Evans, Alabama
Pick No. 53: C Billy Price, Ohio State
Pick No. 56 (LAR) RB Sony Michel, Georgia
Pick No. 95 (PHI) WR Anthony Miller, Memphis
Pick No. 123: EDGE Duke Ejiofor, Wake Forest
Pick No. 160: CB Deatrick Nichols, South Florida
Pick No. 168 (JAX): QB Riley Ferguson, Memphis

• Like (+1) 1

21. Buffalo Bills: Harrison Phillips, DT, Stanford

With the quarterbacks all gone, the Bills may look to rebuild their defense in the first round of this year’s draft. Phillips is the type of run-stopping defensive tackle the Bills lack.

22. Buffalo Bills (via Kansas City Chiefs): Derwin James, S, Florida State

It’s hard to peg a good spot for James high in the first round if a team like the Raiders pass on him. In Buffalo he would play more of a linebacker role that utilizes his athleticism and blitzing.

• Like (+1) 1

Trapasso's latest mock draft: https://www.cbssports.com/nfl/draft/news/2018-nfl-mock-draft-raiders-go-defense-ravens-add-much-needed-wr-speed/

BUF.png21. Buffalo Bills
Mason Rudolph, QB, Oklahoma State. This pick makes too much sense to tweak right now. The Bills like experienced prospects -- as evidenced by their 2017 draft haul -- and Rudolph gives Buffalo pocket-passing ability with a familiarity in modern spread offenses that feature plenty of run-pass option. Brian Daboll is happy with this pick.

BUF.png22. Buffalo Bills from Chiefs
Ogbonnia Okoronkwo, OLB, Oklahoma. Okoronkwo isn't your father's 4-3 defensive end at 6-1 and 240 pounds, and that's ok. He's an explosive speed-rusher who demonstrates the ability to dip around the edge and bend to the quarterback. The Oklahoma star has a large arsenal of pass-rushing moves too. He can man the SAM spot in Buffalo's front.

• Sad 1

Hate pundits suddenly mocking so many interior OL to the Bills on account of the Wood situation. As if rational FOs are really that reactionary and wouldn't have other contingencies to explore. So lazy. Worst part is that I bet they think to themselves that it makes them look insightful and informed. 

• Like (+1) 1

21. Buffalo Bills | Mason Rudolph | QB | Oklahoma State

Tyrod Taylor doesn’t look like the long-term answer for the Bills at quarterback, and the early returns aren’t promising on Nate Peterman. A bit of a reach this early, Rudolph is big, athletic and talented, but needs more polish and consistency.

22. Buffalo Bills (from KC) | Harrison Phillips | DL | Stanford

After landing their franchise quarterback a few picks earlier, the Bills turn their attention to the defensive line, where replacing the departed Marcell Dareus and the aging Kyle Williams is a priority. Phillips is a complete player who was one of the most productive interior defenders in all of college football last year.

53. Buffalo Bills | Jerome Baker | LB | Ohio State
55. Buffalo Bills (from LAR) | Carlton Davis | CB | Auburn
95. Buffalo Bills (from PHI) | Dante Pettis | WR | Washington
117. Buffalo Bills | Mark Walton, Jr. | RB | Miami (FL)

On 1/28/2018 at 7:38 AM, 26CornerBlitz said:

Pick No. 21: DT Vita Vea, Washington
Pick No. 22: LB Rashaan Evans, Alabama
Pick No. 53: C Billy Price, Ohio State
Pick No. 56 (LAR) RB Sony Michel, Georgia
Pick No. 95 (PHI) WR Anthony Miller, Memphis
Pick No. 123: EDGE Duke Ejiofor, Wake Forest
Pick No. 160: CB Deatrick Nichols, South Florida
Pick No. 168 (JAX): QB Riley Ferguson, Memphis

wow. if we land cousins and have this draft...holy cow

On 1/30/2018 at 2:39 PM, SoFFacet said:

Hate pundits suddenly mocking so many interior OL to the Bills on account of the Wood situation. As if rational FOs are really that reactionary and wouldn't have other contingencies to explore. So lazy. Worst part is that I bet they think to themselves that it makes them look insightful and informed. 

Obviously they can find a replacement elsewhere but there aren't a plethora of options out there in FA and on our team.  The center position on an offensive line is probably the second most important position on the line.  The center holds a lot of responsibilities.  Drafting a center high is certainly something they could do.  I'd rather have a young first round talented center who can grow with a new QB.  If you have a solid young center, it helps the guards with their assignments and makes the entire line better.  I don't want just a decent replacement thrown in there.  Additionally, it's no secret that Incognito is up there in age and that right guard isn't locked down.  It was always a need but maybe not the most pressing one.  Now, it certainly is one of our biggest needs.  Why should we settle with fill in offensive lineman when we are a run first team?  That doesn't make sense to me.  Build a great offensive line.  We could use 2 offensive lineman in the draft and depending on what happens with Glenn, maybe a third in free agency.  Let's not be stupid and avoid those positions this draft.  It would be quite the shame to waste Mccoy's talents behind a poor line.

32 minutes ago, Buffalo30 said:

Obviously they can find a replacement elsewhere but there aren't a plethora of options out there in FA and on our team.  The center position on an offensive line is probably the second most important position on the line.  The center holds a lot of responsibilities.  Drafting a center high is certainly something they could do.  I'd rather have a young first round talented center who can grow with a new QB.  If you have a solid young center, it helps the guards with their assignments and makes the entire line better.  I don't want just a decent replacement thrown in there.  Additionally, it's no secret that Incognito is up there in age and that right guard isn't locked down.  It was always a need but maybe not the most pressing one.  Now, it certainly is one of our biggest needs.  Why should we settle with fill in offensive lineman when we are a run first team?  That doesn't make sense to me.  Build a great offensive line.  We could use 2 offensive lineman in the draft and depending on what happens with Glenn, maybe a third in free agency.  Let's not be stupid and avoid those positions this draft.  It would be quite the shame to waste Mccoy's talents behind a poor line.

I agree that the oline is important and I would expect it to be addressed in FA and the draft.  OTOH, Groy did play well when he filled in for Wood in 2016 and Miller may rebound if they change to a blocking scheme more suited to his abilities.  I surmise some of the draft capital is needed to move up for that new Qb unless Cousins is coming here.  (We could probably stick at #21 and take Rudolph.  I think he'll be there, but I don't like him.)

Edited by Dr. Who

4 minutes ago, billsredneck1 said:

or tt and glenn or one of the 2 and a 2019 pick to philly for foles. just as good as cousins for much less.

foles had one good year and hasn't been able to build on that. but no way the eagles trade him as wentz may not be ready for camp or even the season. they need to make sure that knee is ready and not have any type of issue. 

9 minutes ago, WMDman said:

Massive overpay for Foles 

if he were a free agent he'd be no. 1 after cousins. bradford, keenum, bridgewater, mc cown, etc....foles would be without a doubt better than any other choice. he had one bad year on a crappy rams team so everybody poopoo's him. people might want to take a few minutes and look at his record(s).

everyone had the same take on cousins a couple of years ago.

Edited by billsredneck1

5 minutes ago, billsredneck1 said:

if he were a free agent he'd be no. 1 after cousins. bradford, keenum, bridgewater, mc cown, etc....foles would be without a doubt better than any other choice. he had one bad year on a crappy rams team so everybody poopoo's him.

everyone had the same take on cousins a couple of years ago.

2/3 years in philly he was bad and then he had an awful year in ST Louis. he has one good game this year against the Vikings and we’re gonna crown him?...dudes a back up

Edited by WMDman

3 minutes ago, WMDman said:

2/3 years in philly he was bad he had an awful year in ST Louis and he had one good game this year against the Vikings....dudes a back up

ok whatever....7 games rookie year, 27td-2, then injured during his 3rd season. then on to a crappy rams team.

yep he sucks. he has set a few records(team +nfl ) and he is going to have a great career.  but hey we still got tt...

42 minutes ago, Dr. Who said:

I agree that the oline is important and I would expect it to be addressed in FA and the draft.  OTOH, Groy did play well when he filled in for Wood in 2016 and Miller may rebound if they change to a blocking scheme more suited to his abilities.  I surmise some of the draft capital is needed to move up for that new Qb unless Cousins is coming here.  (We could probably stick at #21 and take Rudolph.  I think he'll be there, but I don't like him.)

It'd be hard for me to trade up and get a QB and not upgrade the oline.  You're just setting the young guy up to get hurt or play through a ton of pressure.  Why do that?  With Groy and Miller that's a lot of ifs.  I think they may do well too but I'm not handing them the positions without some legitimate competition.  We need some more youth in the line.