Bills 2018 Mock Draft Watch

21. Buffalo Bills | Mason Rudolph | QB | Oklahoma State

Tyrod Taylor doesn’t look like the long-term answer for the Bills at quarterback, and the early returns aren’t promising on Nate Peterman. A bit of a reach this early, Rudolph is big, athletic and talented, but needs more polish and consistency.

22. Buffalo Bills (from KC) | Vita Vea | DL | Washington

After landing their franchise quarterback a few picks earlier, the Bills turn their attention to the defensive line, where replacing the departed Marcell Dareus and the aging Kyle Williams is a priority. Vea is the rare space-eater who can get after the passer with ridiculous athleticism for his size.

53. Buffalo Bills | James Washington | WR | Oklahoma State
55. Buffalo Bills (from LAR) | Leighton Vander Esch | LB | Boise State

95. Buffalo Bills (from PHI) | M.J. Stewart | CB | North Carolina

117. Buffalo Bills | Mark Walton | RB | Miami (FL)

On 1/22/2018 at 7:26 PM, CSBill said:

If this happens, I'd be ecstatic. But I don't see either Smith or Vea falling that far, I hope I'm wrong.

Remember these gems?

OMG!  I can't believe he fell to us. We're getting Ngata! Hello Whitner.

OMG! I can't believe he fell to us. We're getting Orapko! Hello Maybin.

OMG! I can't believe we're getting Mack!

Hello Sammy.

Someone always drops, question is do we pick them?

26, seems a lot have them keeping both picks and going Rudolph, with general consensus being a defensive player at the other spot.

You think Rudolph lasts until 21?

I'm not sure he does.

Who would you like at 22 for the defense (Vita? I'd like him or Smith, though I'm not sure Smith will be available. I think white and Gaines are good at cb, we shouldn't go with Jackson)

On 1/25/2018 at 7:08 AM, billsbackto81 said:

Remember these gems?

OMG!  I can't believe he fell to us. We're getting Ngata! Hello Whitner.

OMG! I can't believe he fell to us. We're getting Orapko! Hello Maybin.

OMG! I can't believe we're getting Mack!

Hello Sammy.

Someone always drops, question is do we pick them?

I feel like I have PTDD (post traumatic draft disorder) when reliving these draft nuggets of sorrow.

Edited by SouthNYfan

Just now, SouthNYfan said:

26, seems a lot have them keeping both picks and going Rudolph, with general consensus being a defensive player at the other spot.

You think Rudolph lasts until 21?

I'm not sure he does.

Who would you like at 22 for the defense (Vita? I'd like him or Smith, though I'm not sure Smith will be available. I think white and Gaines are good at cb, we shouldn't go with Jackson)

I believe Rudolph has late 1st/early second value so he could very well be there.  The pick at 22 will be based on how they do in UFA to plug holes and/or whether they are able to re-sign Gaines.

4 minutes ago, 26CornerBlitz said:

I believe Rudolph has late 1st/early second value so he could very well be there.  The pick at 22 will be based on how they do in UFA to plug holes and/or whether they are able to re-sign Gaines.

I agree on both counts.

I wouldn't be upset with Rudolph if we decided to stay put.

I agree with his talent assessment/position.

Sometimes QBs jump though with a good combine.

I could see him jumping into the teens.

I mean Christ we took EJ in the first, so dumb sh*t happens.

I would prefer we kept Gaines.

He's very solid, plays well in our system, and our top 4 secondary guys (white and Gaines @ cb, poyer and Hyde @ the S) seem to compliment and play well off each other.

Assuming we keep Gaines, and assuming Vita and roq are still available, who would you prefer?

I like Smith a lot, although I'm wondering if the raiders take him to pair with Mack

Just now, SouthNYfan said:

I agree on both counts.

I wouldn't be upset with Rudolph if we decided to stay put.

I agree with his talent assessment/position.

Sometimes QBs jump though with a good combine.

I could see him jumping into the teens.

I mean Christ we took EJ in the first, so dumb sh*t happens.

I would prefer we kept Gaines.

He's very solid, plays well in our system, and our top 4 secondary guys (white and Gaines @ cb, poyer and Hyde @ the S) seem to compliment and play well off each other.

Assuming we keep Gaines, and assuming Vita and roq are still available, who would you prefer?

I like Smith a lot, although I'm wondering if the raiders take him to pair with Mack

Smith preferably, but I can't see him lasting until 22. 

2 minutes ago, 26CornerBlitz said:

No.  Ryan Groy is already in place.

Still need depth and if at one of our picks if a top C is available and BPA you have to take him...I never said top need btw

Wood & Groy = Starter & Depth

Groy = not enough

Edited by Reed83HOF

Just now, Reed83HOF said:

Still need depth and if at one of our picks if a top C is available and BPA you have to take him...I never said top need btw

Wood & Groy = Starter & Depth

Groy = not enough

They'll likely draft or acquire a player via free agency who can play all three interior OL positions. 

2 minutes ago, 26CornerBlitz said:

They'll likely draft or acquire a player via free agency who can play all three interior OL positions. 

As I said, add C to our list of positions that need to be drafted, which really was not on our list before...Also, Who knows how Groy will hold up as a full time starting center on an already shaky line

9 minutes ago, Reed83HOF said:

As I said, add C to our list of positions that need to be drafted, which really was not on our list before...Also, Who knows how Groy will hold up as a full time starting center on an already shaky line

I believe he will based on his play in '16 at C and the Bills matched the Rams' offer sheet so there's no doubt they like him. 

Edited by 26CornerBlitz

Isaiah Wynn out of Georgia can play multiple positions on the offensive line and has had a great week and year.  Scouts are raving about him at the senior bowl.  He's very versatile as he played guard and left tackle in his career and some say he can play center.  He's very quick with his hands and his feet and plays with aggression.  Could be a late 1 to early 2 round prospect.  

• Like (+1) 1

The Buffalo Bills 17-year playoff drought came to an end but an important off-season to fill a host of needs looms. Loaded with five top 100 selections, hitting on draft picks is paramount for Buffalo to improve the talent on the roster.  Using the FanSpeak On The Clock Mock Draft Simulator, here is one realistic scenario that would make sense for the Bills.

Round 1, pick 21:  Da’Ron Payne, DT, Alabama

Round 1, pick 22:  Taven Bryan, DT, Florida

Round 2, pick 53:  James Washington, WR, Oklahoma State

Round 2, pick 56:  Billy Price, IOL, Ohio State

Round 3, pick 95:  Quenton Meeks, CB, Stanford

Round 4, pick 123:  Skai Moore, LB, South Carolina

Round 5, pick 160:  Kemoko Turay, EDGE, Rutgers

Round 5, pick 168:  Jaylen Samuels, TE/RB, NC State