Bills 2018 Mock Draft Watch

47 minutes ago, Zebrastripes said:

So you think 4 qbs go top 10 because Darnold, Rosen, and Mayfield are all better prospects then Allen is.  Allen is a super raw talent that couldn't even complete 60% of his passes against weak college opponents.  I'm not saying Allen sucks I'm just saying he has a way lower floor than the other 3 ahead of him.  He also has a way higher ceiling but that Is a huge gamble for a top 10 pick.

Okay I was exaggerating.

You said you think Rudolph, Allen, and Jackson will be available at 21/22

That's just absurd.

Allen won't make it past 15.

Is that better? 

• Like (+1) 1

15 hours ago, 26CornerBlitz said:

BUF.png21. Buffalo Bills

Tremaine Edmunds, LB, Virginia Tech. The Bills are a prime candidate to trade up to nab the quarterback they want, but if they instead stand pat and let the draft come to them, Edmunds makes a whole lot of sense for Sean McDermott, who is used to having stud linebackers after coming to Buffalo from Carolina. Edmunds has the speed to cover the field and is a weapon rushing the passer as well after racking up 30.5 tackles for loss and 10 sacks in his final two years at Virginia Tech.

BUF.png22. Buffalo Bills from Chiefs

Mason Rudolph, QB, Oklahoma State. I think it's possible the Bills pass on taking a quarterback here if they don't trade up for a particular target, especially if they can add another stud like Da'Ron Payne to the defense. But with the players left on the board here, Rudolph makes the most sense to me as a potential franchise passer for a team that desperately needs one. I'm a Tyrod Taylor fan, but the Bills apparently aren't based on how they've handled him, so expect them to bring in some outside talent at the position.

https://www.cbssports.com/nfl/draft/news/2018-nfl-mock-draft-broncos-take-baker-mayfield-jets-pass-on-a-quarterback/

Love the idea of Edmunds

• Like (+1) 1

3 hours ago, SouthNYfan said:

You're drunk if you think Allen makes it out of the top 10.

Allen is a terrible QB prospect. There is no difference between him and EJ Manuel. 

His production, and game tape is that of a late round draft pick.

Take away his height and weight, and evaluate him purely as a passer, and he's nothing more than a late round pick. 

• Thank you (+1) 1

3 minutes ago, jrober38 said:

Allen is a terrible QB prospect. There is no difference between him and EJ Manuel. 

Take away his height and weight, and evaluate him purely as a passer, and he's nothing more than a late round pick. 

1,000% agree.

I will go ape **** if we draft him or Jackson. They are both horrible.

1 hour ago, jrober38 said:

Except 90% of the predraft rankings and predictions have him going in the top 15, with about 50% of them having him in the top 5-8.

Guess you know something that NFL scouts and talent evaluators don't.

Tell me more about how he's a "terrible QB prospect" 

No different than EJ?

Nobody had him going as high as Buffalo took him, and the decision was universally panned of my memory serves correctly.

Allen is a consensus high first round pick, the lowest I've seen him going in any mock is 21 to Buffalo.

Is he the #1 pick?

I don't think so.

He's got huge upside, but it's too big a risk for #1 overall.

You have zero idea what you are talking about if you don't think he's a upper half of first round talent.

In his first mock draft of the season, NFLDraftScout.com's Rob Ranghas the Bills staying put at picks 21 and 22 and adding an impact player on each side of the ball. He started with LSU pass rusher Arden Key, who had an underwhelming final season with the Tigers but has tons of potential. Here's what Rang said: 

"The Bills finished last among playoff teams with just 27 sacks over the regular season. That won't sit well with defensive-minded head coach Sean McDermott, who could see the 6-5, 265-pound Key as the perfect edge rusher to unlock Buffalo's potential."

The blockbuster pick of Rang's draft comes at 22, though. With that pick, he has the Bills taking Louisville quarterback Lamar Jackson. Jackson is a polarizing prospect in the NFL Draft community. Former Bills general manager Bill Polian thinks Jackson would fit best in the NFL as a wide receiver, but his passing acumen developed well during his time at Louisville. Jackson is still an unfinished product at quarterback, but there's not much reason to think he can't continue his ascent and become a franchise quarterback. 

12 minutes ago, 26CornerBlitz said:

In his first mock draft of the season, NFLDraftScout.com's Rob Ranghas the Bills staying put at picks 21 and 22 and adding an impact player on each side of the ball. He started with LSU pass rusher Arden Key, who had an underwhelming final season with the Tigers but has tons of potential. Here's what Rang said: 

"The Bills finished last among playoff teams with just 27 sacks over the regular season. That won't sit well with defensive-minded head coach Sean McDermott, who could see the 6-5, 265-pound Key as the perfect edge rusher to unlock Buffalo's potential."

The blockbuster pick of Rang's draft comes at 22, though. With that pick, he has the Bills taking Louisville quarterback Lamar Jackson. Jackson is a polarizing prospect in the NFL Draft community. Former Bills general manager Bill Polian thinks Jackson would fit best in the NFL as a wide receiver, but his passing acumen developed well during his time at Louisville. Jackson is still an unfinished product at quarterback, but there's not much reason to think he can't continue his ascent and become a franchise quarterback. 

Rob, you're almost right!! Gotta get the BIG man first!! Gotta get Vea!! Vea and Jackson would be awesome 1st rd picks.

Not real familiar with New Arena but this is a pretty interesting mock draft.

http://newarena.com/nfl/2018-nfl-mock-draft-1-0-who-will-your-favorite-team-select/?amxt=fbdt_avnt2

Here's what they have for the Bills:

Christian Kirk WR Texas A&M

As we saw in the playoff loss to the Jaguars, Buffalo is in desperate need of some skill within its receiver corps. Kelvin Benjamin’s conditioning is a huge question mark going forward. Apologies to Deonte Thompson, but he’s not anything more than a third receiver (at best).

Kirk would offer Buffalo a true game-breaker. He can line up at any spot – whether it’s in the slot, or on the perimeter. Having elite ball skills and sublime quickness, Kirk is supremely slippery with the ball in his hands. His value is increased even further with terrific skill in the return game. Buffalo would do very well to land him at this point in the draft. Should the Bills move on from Tyrod Taylor, Mason Rudolph could get a look here.

and:

Christian Wilkins DT Clemson

Kyle Williams has long been the heartbeat of the Bills’ franchise. His entire 11-year career has been played in Buffalo, and the 5-time Pro Bowler has been more than impactful both on and off the field. However, at 34 years of age, it may be time for Buffalo to draft his eventual replacement. Enter Wilkins – a versatile defender with an intriguing skill-set.

The 6’4” 300-pounder can virtually play anywhere along the defensive front. Though a nice athlete, Wilkins also plays with a low center of gravity. This enables him to be solid against the run. With the big game experience he’s collected at Clemson, expect Wilkins to make an impact early in the NFL.

• By the way, the more I see of Christian Kirk, the more intrigued I am. I know WR is not a top priority, but damn he looks good and is a hell of a return guy too.