Bills 2018 Mock Draft Watch

11 minutes ago, Zebrastripes said:

I personally would mortgage the farm for a chance at landing a franchise qb.

With the compliment of picks Buffalo has they are not mortgaging the farm.  They are using the return on an investment and not touching the farm.

• Like (+1) 1

4 minutes ago, Zebrastripes said:

In Buffalos case this year yes.  I'm just saying if you have a chance to land the "franchise" guy you should do whatever it takes to get him because franchise qbs don't grow on trees.

You're right.  I googled franchise qb tree and there's no such thing.

• Haha (+1) 1

1 minute ago, Mat68 said:

Literally, Buffalo could make one of the larger packages seen in recent years to move up and have a full complaint of picks for the remaining rounds in 2018 all while not cannibalizing the 2019 draft to do so.  

This has to be the reason they made the moves they did this year.  This front office realizes they need a qb at all costs.  They set themselves up to trade up to get their guy while still keeping the enough of the 2018 draft picks to fill out the roster with some quality players.

6 minutes ago, Zebrastripes said:

This has to be the reason they made the moves they did this year.  This front office realizes they need a qb at all costs.  They set themselves up to trade up to get their guy while still keeping the enough of the 2018 draft picks to fill out the roster with some quality players.

That is why the time is now.  There are actually 4 legit Qb prospects not a year where there is none.  Buffalo will even be a friendly landing spot for a Qb.  

Edited by Mat68

1 hour ago, Mat68 said:

Literally, Buffalo could make one of the larger packages seen in recent years to move up and have a full complaint of picks for the remaining rounds in 2018 all while not cannibalizing the 2019 draft to do so.  

Debatable. 

3 firsts and a 4th to move into Rosen/Darnold territory. Maybe more if we aren't alone in the bidding war. I can't get behind losing next year's first..for any reason. If we trade up, get it done with this one draft. We still got alot of building to do

• Thank you (+1) 1

5 hours ago, 26CornerBlitz said:

Far better to trade up for a 5 year cost controlled rookie QB than hamstring the team with Cousins who's simply not good enough to carry a team as a franchise QB.  I'd find a bridge veteran until the 1st round rookie is ready. 

the only problem with this is that, cousins could have been had 3 years ago....or for that matter...the year he was drafted. this org. has sat on it's thumbs and passed up several franchise qbs and here we are arguing over one of them we now can't afford.

screw it, let's start young and build through the "process". let's take rudolph with 21...fleece denver for a 2nd, 3rd and chad kelly for 22 with josh allen still on the board and go into camp with peterman ...who in his second season could give us a geoff like performance and have a young stable of hungry ,potential filled qbs.

the reason we are talking about jimmy g....cousins and the likes of derek carr is because we screwed the pooch in the draft for the last umpteen years. how about we realize what we have in peterman then draft and obtain some young guns and roll with it.

i'd rather roll with nate to get us to  10-6 vs. giving up assets and captial for an alex smith for the same results. i think if we are smart we make the most of this draft and go forward.

Edited by billsredneck1

BUF.png21. Buffalo Bills

Tremaine Edmunds, LB, Virginia Tech. The Bills are a prime candidate to trade up to nab the quarterback they want, but if they instead stand pat and let the draft come to them, Edmunds makes a whole lot of sense for Sean McDermott, who is used to having stud linebackers after coming to Buffalo from Carolina. Edmunds has the speed to cover the field and is a weapon rushing the passer as well after racking up 30.5 tackles for loss and 10 sacks in his final two years at Virginia Tech.

BUF.png22. Buffalo Bills from Chiefs

Mason Rudolph, QB, Oklahoma State. I think it's possible the Bills pass on taking a quarterback here if they don't trade up for a particular target, especially if they can add another stud like Da'Ron Payne to the defense. But with the players left on the board here, Rudolph makes the most sense to me as a potential franchise passer for a team that desperately needs one. I'm a Tyrod Taylor fan, but the Bills apparently aren't based on how they've handled him, so expect them to bring in some outside talent at the position.

https://www.cbssports.com/nfl/draft/news/2018-nfl-mock-draft-broncos-take-baker-mayfield-jets-pass-on-a-quarterback/

My Mock, starting with FA:

Star Lotulelei signed in FA to fill the hole at DT and signed Mike Wallace to be another vet for Zay and our young QB to work with but can still stretch the D with speed.

Draft:

1A - Rashaan Evans - LB (Would love Roquan, but I seriously doubt he is there when we pick)

1B - Mike McGlitchey - OT

Late First/Early 2nd - Lamar or Mason:  Bills trade up packaging one of our 2nds, our 3rd and 5th)

2 - Will Hernandez - OG

4 - Sony Michel or Rashaad Penny - RB

6 - Bo Scaborough - RB

7 - DB/WR who also has ST or KR/PR abilities.

McD gets his LB to anchor the D and we shore up help on the OL at Tackle and Guard, plus get a potential heir to McCoy.  We steal Bo in the 6th who falls because of injury issues, but he won't need to be a feature here and more like a change pace guy in the mold of a Derrick Henry to replace Fat Tolbert.  Daboll likes his power run game, what better way to support his young QB then adding someone to lighten McCoy's work load with the potential to be the feature back in 2019 and a bruiser in Bo?

I would do back flips with this draft and Free Agency

Edited by Alphadawg7

21. Buffalo Bills — Mike McGlinchey, OT, Notre Dame
The Bills need to make some changes on the offensive line. McGlinchey has experience on both sides of the offensive line and could help inside at guard if needed with his power as a run blocker.

22. Buffalo Bills (from Kansas City) — Christian Kirk, WR, Texas A&M
The Bills traded for Kelvin Benjamin and drafted Zay Jones in the second round last year, but there is still a need for a playmaker like Kirk. The former Texas A&M receiver would also be an immediate upgrade as a return man.

22 hours ago, Zebrastripes said:

Where do you think he goes?  And what qb do you think will be available at 21?  I personally think Rudolph, Jackson, and Allen will still all be on the board at 21.

You're drunk if you think Allen makes it out of the top 10.

I know some people complained when Beane pulled all these trades, but it sure will make for an interesting few months.

The idea that we could end up with 5 or 6 starters out of this draft will keep Bills' fans attention at a peak.

2 hours ago, SouthNYfan said:

You're drunk if you think Allen makes it out of the top 10.

So you think 4 qbs go top 10 because Darnold, Rosen, and Mayfield are all better prospects then Allen is.  Allen is a super raw talent that couldn't even complete 60% of his passes against weak college opponents.  I'm not saying Allen sucks I'm just saying he has a way lower floor than the other 3 ahead of him.  He also has a way higher ceiling but that Is a huge gamble for a top 10 pick.