Manziel vs Kaepernick

Irv

8 minutes ago, Sig1Hunter said:

No,  it's a legitimate response to a stupid question.  Nice LAMP.

Then why respond in the first place?   Go away if you have no original thoughts.  You add nothing to this website.  

• Sad 1

Kaepernick. The fact that he is not playing for somebody already is a black mark against the NFL, in my opinion. I do not understand why so many people have their panties in a knot about the quiet protests he and other players have made. 

4 hours ago, Teddy KGB said:

Because they live check to check while this millionaire cries about oppression.  

This response is idiotic. Millionaires can protest the treatment of other people. Just because they are rich doesn't mean they have no empathy.

Plus, a black man in the U.S. can find himself at risk in certain situations (where a white many would not) just because of the color of his skin no matter how much money he has. 

• Like (+1) 1

19 hours ago, Badthingsman said:

If you had to throw a flyer on either of these guys, who would you pick?  For me.  I'd go with Kaepernick.  Bills fans would hate him.  What would you do?   In advance I appreciate all the "I hate both"  so thanks, but if you had a choice (at gun point) ,  who would you choose?

I'd dig a big pit.

Trow em both in der along with a couple of Mike Vic's dogs.

I'd trow a fro-pick down in der for Kaeperfrick to use as a weapon.

Den I'd trow a Genny Cream Ale bottle down der for Johnny to use as a weapon.

Den I'd take bets on winner.    May da best dog win.

8 minutes ago, Dr. K said:

Kaepernick. The fact that he is not playing for somebody already is a black mark against the NFL, in my opinion. I do not understand why so many people have their panties in a knot about the quiet protests he and other players have made. 

This response is idiotic. Millionaires can protest the treatment of other people. Just because they are rich doesn't mean they have no empathy.

Plus, a person in the U.S. can find himself at risk in certain situations (where another would not) just because of X no matter how much money he has. 

FTFY.

Easy choice, Kaepernick.  He is very outspoken, but does have experience and could be a servicable stop gap or backup in the right system.  If he kept if off the field and dedicated himself to football, he could be useful somewhere.  Hypothetically, regardless of who our starter is, I would take Kaep as a backup over Peterman anytime.

Manziel has no track record of NFL success and an addiction issue which he has yet to prove that he can kick long term.    IMO, he will need at least a couple years of sustained CFL success to even be thought of in the NFL again. 

• Like (+1) 1

On 1/19/2018 at 11:02 PM, Ol Dirty B said:

You're defending your clearly I'll conceived position with opinions that would be widely dismissed by anyone with out a predisposition to irrationally hate Kaepernick.

Manziel didn't show anything that he could perform at the NFL level. Kaepernick won playoffs game. It's not even debatable that Kaepernick is the better pro. It's a flat out lie to say otherwise.

The fact that some in this fan base, not to give them credit for it, tried to run Dareus out of town and still talk **** about him, then claim they want the best for manziel is just utterly ridiculous.

First of all it is ill conceived not I'll conceived.

Secondly, your statement that my opinions "would be widely dismissed by anyone with out (sic) a predisposition to irrationally hate Kaepernick." is presumptuous and unsupported.

Third, it is in fact debatable who would be a better pro.   Your poorly written statement that " Kaepernick won playoffs game" shows that he has been a better pro,  it addresses past performance.  Prior performances aren't always an indicator of future results.  Joe Montana won lots of championships; that doesn't mean he would be great next year.

The question I chose to answer was who I would rather have Manziel or Kaepernick;  I'm not advocating for either QB but forced to chose one I said I would go with Manziel because I don't like Colin and I think Manziel has a bigger upside.  If you disagree make your own case don't attack my opinion.

Edited by HT02
left out a word