Manziel vs Kaepernick

Irv

3 minutes ago, Badthingsman said:

C'mon - I asked for a flyer!!!

I know you're right.  Johnny Football... I think he's a better QB and the NFL has figured out CK.  and you're right the name is hard to spell so instead of looking them up I use nicknames and initials :)

Edited by HT02

Just now, 26CornerBlitz said:

Johnny Fool's Gold or Johnny Flame Out is more appropriate. 

I didn't say I want him, but given the choice...  I couldn't cheer for the other guy, ever.  I don't care if he won a Superbowl.  Some things more important to me than football and I don't say that lightly or often.

• Thank you (+1) 1

Just now, HT02 said:

I didn't say I want him, but given the choice...  I couldn't cheer for the other guy, ever.  I don't care if he won a Superbowl.  Some things more important to me than football and I don't say that lightly or often.

Give me a Super Bowl and go Kaep!  

1 minute ago, 26CornerBlitz said:

Your choice.  I'd come home for the parade!

I said you wouldn't be alone in your thoughts but I am disgusted by what he stands for and that's too big a price for me to pay.  

12 minutes ago, HT02 said:

I know everything get politicized these days, but I just can't stand the guy.  

Also after rereading the OP I realized I didn't answer the question correctly since I said neither.  Gun to the head I pick Johnny Football 

Yea, but guy that beat his gf, has drug issues, misses team events, suspensions, arrests, etc... long time fan but giving up hope 

guy that kneels during the anthem... could never ever get past that and despise him.

Again, not even trying to make this right vs left or whether kaep is right or wrong... even assuming Kaep is ill intentioned, it just struck me as an odd line in the sand between them.

• Like (+1) 1

The GF thing is a little more complicated, the drugs is his own stupidity and the rest is just an spoiled kid who probably needed a good kick in the ass.  I also think he is a better NFL QB than CK.   I think CK is a one trick pony who has been figured out.

Its hard to explain my distain for CK without going into the political arguments but if Manziel went around saying it was it was ok to hit women or did it repeatedly I would obviously not want anything to do with him either.  CK still thinks its ok to kneel when people are asked to rise and remove your hats as we pay tribute to our nation.  I'd be fine with any other gesture, kneel in the end-zone after a TD.  Raise your fist in a black power salute, fine but to deliberately disrespect the nation and its people is disgraceful and I can't accept.