Would the Browns be a trade partner at #4?

6 hours ago, Rob's House said:

What would you guys think about taking Saquon Barkley at that spot?

I believe the Browns will be doing that if Indy hasnt. 

I would not do it from a Bills perspective. He's a generational talent and we need to draft a RB, maybe even a potential franchise back, but it's a deep class and no matter how great Barkely is he is just one player (and not a QB) and I don't see the value in burning that kind of draft capital for him.

Edited by starrymessenger

1 hour ago, Buffalo30 said:

I think other teams wanting to trade up will drive up the price above what the actual value is

Agreed.  I could even see Denver moving up to 2.  I could see a situation in which the Browns take a QB 1st and the giants colts and browns all trade out of 2-4 to teams that want to draft Rosen, Darnold, Allen and Mayfield. 

It really comes down to what the Browns want to do. Do they want quantity or quality? It also depends on if they sign Cousins. They can take Barkley at 1 and then I’d suspect that they definitely trade down at 4. I like Fitzpatrick a lot but not more than Josh Jackson, Connor Williams and Anthony Miller (or something like that).

1 hour ago, JaCrispy said:

Who would we be trading up for if Cleveland and NY take QBs and then a team trades up with the Colts for a QB? Hypothetically, we could be giving up multiple 1st round picks for the 4th best QB.

You mean like when Miami  got the 4th best quarterback in the 1st round named Dan Marino?

Cleveland can be a partner at #4.  If I was them I would stand pat, take a QB at #1 and pick best player available on defense at #4.

If Cleveland takes a QB other than Rosen or Darnold and one of those two are available at #4 I would trade the farm for #4.

But, it depends on our draft board too.

24 minutes ago, BillsfanAZ said:

I cant see the Bill trading up into the top five. That would be too expensive. I can see the Bills trading into pick 10-15 if a player falls that they like. 

Yeah, who needs a great QB, especially when you may have to give up a lot.

The last 20 years have been a blast!

• Like (+1) 2
  • Haha (+1) 1

1 hour ago, JaCrispy said:

Who would we be trading up for if Cleveland and NY take QBs and then a team trades up with the Colts for a QB? Hypothetically, we could be giving up multiple 1st round picks for the 4th best QB.

If you believe the third or fourth ranked qb on your board is a franchise qb then it would be worth it. If you believe that another qb, if he is more developmental but with the potential to be a franchise qb, such as Jackson, then let the draft come to you. It depends how your organization ranks the qb. Your third ranked qb could be the fourth or fifth ranked qb for another organization. Your top ranked qb could be the third ranked qb on another team's board. I'm very high on Mayfield. However, I wouldn't be surprised if there were teams had little interest in him at all.

• Like (+1) 2

3 minutes ago, Binghamton Beast said:

Yeah, who needs a great QB, especially when you may have to give up a lot.

The last 20 years have been a blast!

....seeing we are in the perfect position, surrendering all of that draft capital for a QB makes PERFECT sense when you consider we have absolutely NO other needs or holes to fill, right?........21....22....23.....Vegas over/under for 2018 "W's" came out today....Bflo is 7.5..................they must have read this thread.............

16 minutes ago, LABILLBACKER said:

Darnold is the only one worth moving up for. If Cleveland is dumb enough to pick Allen then we should make a phone call if Sam is there @ 4. 

If Cleveland takes Allen you want to trade up to three. Indy will be fielding a million phone calls.

5 minutes ago, OldTimeAFLGuy said:

....seeing we are in the perfect position, surrendering all of that draft capital for a QB makes PERFECT sense when you consider we have absolutely NO other needs or holes to fill, right?........21....22....23.....Vegas over/under for 2018 "W's" came out today....Bflo is 7.5..................they must have read this thread.............

Yeah, too bad it just isn’t about next year.

Let’s push QB off until April of 2019. That would most certainly work out well.

• Like (+1) 1

4 minutes ago, Binghamton Beast said:

...there is just NO way in hell I see this gang as riverboat gamblers with draft capital, BEST we have had in years, BOE.......still think their QB guy is Rudolph who Beane personally scouted twice, once at WVU game and at his bowl game...by most accounts, he'll be there at 21 or even later.....safe and perhaps unsexy pick, but I just sense him as their target....surrendering significant capital to move up (doubt they would target the Big 4 QB's) doesn't fit their conservative nature......so now you still have high draft capital for OL/DL or DL/OL, whichever is the priority preference.....perhaps LB next and a late, LATE RB (maybe)......not sure about RB though......don't really know what we have in Jones, Cadet & Murphy due to injury......I could be dead by April 2019 so you'll have to text me in "Hell's Kitchen", my known final resting place................

5 minutes ago, Binghamton Beast said:

If we will be losing (as you seem to suggest what will happen if we don't sell the farm) and not make the playoffs what would that hurt?  You could build a strong roster and in 2019 everything will be set for a Franchise QB.  But sure get a QB.  Let him die behind a terrible right side, no HB Depth to take the pressure off, and then you'll be calling him a bust by week 5.  :P

22 minutes ago, JohnC said:

If you believe the third or fourth ranked qb on your board is a franchise qb then it would be worth it. If you believe that another qb, if he is more developmental but with the potential to be a franchise qb, such as Jackson, then let the draft come to you. It depends how your organization ranks the qb. Your third ranked qb could be the fourth or fifth ranked qb for another organization. Your top ranked qb could be the third ranked qb on another team's board. I'm very high on Mayfield. However, I wouldn't be surprised if there were teams had little interest in him at all.

I can see them looking to next years draft for the answer at QB. Conceptually speaking.

They still must draft one this season and i agree with your viewpoint very much.
Plenty of holes to fill so i hope to not lose picks this year. But as mentioned. they see The Guy , and can get a line of sight on him ? Go for it. Otherwise let the draft come to you generally speaking.

Go Bills.

6 minutes ago, NewEraBills said:

If we will be losing (as you seem to suggest what will happen if we don't sell the farm) and not make the playoffs what would that hurt?  You could build a strong roster and in 2019 everything will be set for a Franchise QB.  But sure get a QB.  Let him die behind a terrible right side, no HB Depth to take the pressure off, and then you'll be calling him a bust by week 5.  :P

Bills scouting Staff has plenty of work they need to succeed for this draft and FA.

I am honestly excited for it, even though it may well be dull as heck.

Solid picks/pickups are all I ask, with a decent hit rate in the draft again

12 minutes ago, OldTimeAFLGuy said:

...there is just NO way in hell I see this gang as riverboat gamblers with draft capital, BEST we have had in years, BOE.......still think their QB guy is Rudolph who Beane personally scouted twice, once at WVU game and at his bowl game...by most accounts, he'll be there at 21 or even later.....safe and perhaps unsexy pick, but I just sense him as their target....surrendering significant capital to move up (doubt they would target the Big 4 QB's) doesn't fit their conservative nature......so now you still have high draft capital for OL/DL or DL/OL, whichever is the priority preference.....perhaps LB next and a late, LATE RB (maybe)......not sure about RB though......don't really know what we have in Jones, Cadet & Murphy due to injury......I could be dead by April 2019 so you'll have to text me in "Hell's Kitchen", my known final resting place................

I don’t necessarily care who their guy is, I just don’t want them to make the mistake Dumbahoe did in 2004 when he wouldn’t pay Houston what Houston wanted to move into their slot so Dumbahoe could pick the guy he really wanted....Big Ben.

9 minutes ago, NewEraBills said:

We won’t have other draft picks....and we aren’t allowed to sign free agents this year?

Thanks. I didn’t know that.

• Like (+1) 1