Service/Support Animal Crackdown

T&C

15 hours ago, RaoulDuke79 said:

I just saw some lady got snagged for trying to bring a support peacock on a plane. Said lady should be bludgeoned with the peacock.

Was she Afghani?  You know they are really into birds in Afghanistan and they are very war torn there.  Maybe the lady was suffering?  Now you want to bludgeon poor war torn traumatized lady.  Wow... Really compassionate.

:P

Well if she got a response on the mistake she has ammunition for lawsuit which is why companies never try to admit anything.

I had it in writing from a company on company letterhead and their argument was (1) it could be a phony letter and when I provided letter was told (2) an unauthorized person could have mailed it.

16 minutes ago, LabattBlue said:

I saw a couple with a monster sized Great Dane in Lowe’s last week.  Legit?  Who knows?

I see dogs in places like Home Depot where I would never think to take my dog. 

I think people need to stop gaming the system! It’s just wrong! Only MY dog is worthy of such special treatment! 

Saw a fake service dog at the mall today. How do I know it was fake? Simple, the owner was letting kids pet it. My parents raised guide dogs for the blind so I know one of the big rules is not allowing people to pet it while it is "working". 

• Like (+1) 1

• 3 weeks later...
On 2/16/2018 at 12:29 PM, Just Jack said:

Saw a fake service dog at the mall today. How do I know it was fake? Simple, the owner was letting kids pet it. My parents raised guide dogs for the blind so I know one of the big rules is not allowing people to pet it while it is "working". 

Not all service dogs are under the same rules.   We have people at work who have service dogs to help them with PTSD. People are encouraged to interact with those dogs.   Just one example. 

1 hour ago, /dev/null said:

I'm not reading the story but as a dog owner, there isn't a flight attendant on this planet that would be able to put my dog in an overhead bin. 

Every time I've airline traveled with a pet, I've talked directly to the pilot about it because my dogs are large and travel as cargo.  I make sure the pilot knows my furry children are on board and that I hold them responsible for their safe passage.  I have never had a single problem.

1 hour ago, Alaska Darin said:

I'm not reading the story but as a dog owner, there isn't a flight attendant on this planet that would be able to put my dog in an overhead bin. 

Every time I've airline traveled with a pet, I've talked directly to the pilot about it because my dogs are large and travel as cargo.  I make sure the pilot knows my furry children are on board and that I hold them responsible for their safe passage.  I have never had a single problem.

what would a pilot have to do with cargo?

1 hour ago, Alaska Darin said:

They control the climate and air pressure settings for the cargo hold.  

That is not true.

Cargo pressurization is automatically controlled, and is the same as the other pressurized areas of the airplane.

Heat is automatic as well. There are some very minor adjustments to heat that are possible in some airplanes, but generally it's not controlled directly, but by air flow around it that is exhausted from the main cabin.

Most airlines restrict summer carriage for that reason. It is simply not possible to keep the cargo compartment cool during long ground delays.

What the pilots will know is whether or not the animal is in the compartment.

It shows up on what is called the "closeout," which contains all the final weight numbers, and is linked to the cockpit during taxi out.

It will show up as "LA aft," which means live animal in aft cargo compartment.

Having a live animal restricts some kinds of other cargo from being in the same compartment, but that is all handled by the loaders.

Edited by sherpa
  • Thank you (+1) 1

1 hour ago, sherpa said:

That is not true.

Cargo pressurization is automatically controlled, and is the same as the other pressurized areas of the airplane.

Heat is automatic as well. There are some very minor adjustments to heat that are possible in some airplanes, but generally it's not controlled directly, but by air flow around it that is exhausted from the main cabin.

Most airlines restrict summer carriage for that reason. It is simply not possible to keep the cargo compartment cool during long ground delays.

It shows up on what is called the "closeout," which contains all the final weight numbers, and is linked to the cockpit during taxi out.

Having a live animal restricts some kinds of other cargo from being in the same compartment, but that is all handled by the loaders.

Dude, like, whatever, what would you know? ?

2 hours ago, sherpa said:

That is not true.

it would be the best if this was all made up by you..... :D

thank you for this info.

• 2 months later...