My Own QB Review: Sleeper Pick - Remi Issaly

First, there's no way we are moving up in the draft to select a QB. If anything we are moving down to acquire more picks.

That being said, we will retain Peterman, have a FA QB battle for starting role and then draft a rookie QB in the 5th or 6th round. I think we'll use the 5th round pick we acquired from Jax (in the Dareus trade) to draft a sleeper pick at QB.

So I watched a lot of film on lesser known QB's...guys that play in small schools like Romo and Roethlisburger did and Wentz. I'm also looking for high character guys and players who have intangibles.

My criteria for selecting a certain "sleeper" QB is as follows:

1) Quick arm, tight spiral

2) Accurate

3) Great footwork. The NFL is all about solid footwork

4) Able to stay in the pocket and survive pressure from elite talent defenders

5) Has a backstory for how he rose to the occasion (like Eddy Yarborough and Richie Incognito)

So after spending about 14 hours reviewing all kinds of sleeper picks and game tape, I give you Remi Issaly of D3 International league/college. If you watch the first 15 seconds you get hit pretty quick with his intangibles as far as tight spiral and footwork. Go to 3:44 and you can see how he handles pressure from fast defensive line and pocket collapse. He has a grip on the ball and straight core, his hip shift is solid and his throwing motion is more Marino than Aikman.

This kid is a gamer and has a record against elite opposition that, in my opinion, will transfer quite well to the NFL. He's worth a late 5th round pick or an early 6th round pick (if we want to move up).

Just my two cents.

• Haha (+1) 2

7 minutes ago, BringBackFergy said:

...guys that play in small schools like Romo and Roethlisburger did and Wentz.

Eastern Illinois, Miami, and ND State are all D1 schools.

Mike White is a sleeper.

• Thank you (+1) 1

2 minutes ago, simool said:

Eastern Illinois, Miami, and ND State are all D1 schools.

Mike White is a sleeper.

Remi didn't go to USC, UCLA or Oklahoma...that's what I was getting at.

Just now, kdiggz said:

haha no.  this looks like orchard park high school game tape

Different mechanics, straighter core and better transfer of weight in throw than high schoolers. This kid has all the tools....can't teach/coach a lot of the things he's doing in this film.

2 minutes ago, BringBackFergy said:

D3 is not even remotely comparable to small D1.

D3 is like glorified High School ball.

• Like (+1) 1

2 minutes ago, BringBackFergy said:

Different mechanics, straighter core and better transfer of weight in throw than high schoolers. This kid has all the tools....can't teach/coach a lot of the things he's doing in this film.

he's not even practice squad worthy.  everything is in sloooow motion.  we have had great QB's that weren't even good enough to make our practice squad in the past.  top ranked high school QB's that just pop on film and we didn't even have a QB that could complete a pass at the time and even then they couldn't even sniff the roster.  we actually need a QB to start for us.  they like Peterman as a project and then we need to draft one high and also get a vet