Where would Mahomes go in this years draft?

Klaista2k

14 hours ago, dneveu said:

Mahomes is an athlete that can sling it - his big issues are mechanical.  He doesn't set his feet and will sail some, and short others.  Guys a gamer though so I'm sure he'll be good.  Cutler with a good attitude would be a good comparison.

I think he'd be around 3rd or 4th off the board.  Spread offense, never really took any snaps under center.  Won't be a likely day 1 starter - so you burn through at least year 1 of the rookie contract on a wash year.

Pretty much this, though I was never impressed by his accuracy. 

18 hours ago, Zerovotlz said:

There are some opinions here that are going to look really bad by week 4 next year. 

I was one of the two posters on this board (Blokes was the other) that pegged Mahomes as my QB1 for the 2017 draft back in June of 2016, and even I'm skeptical of his ability to be successful in the NFL.

My opinion at the time hasn't changed: he's got the physical ability and the desire to be great; he's going to need a LOT of work on stabilizing his platform, speeding up his delivery, climbing clean pockets instead of abandoning them, and generally making better decisions with the football.

There's no reason to be convinced about him one way or another to this point 

I think some answer this question through the prism of watching his limited NFL action in preseasaon and his one start late this season. While the scouting reports for this year’s prospects haven’t been compiled, I suspect that all things being equal in that respect, Mahomes would be the fourth rated QB overall this year. Remains to be seen where this year’s prospects end up in the predraft rankings.

On 1/19/2018 at 10:57 PM, Green Lightning said:

Pretty much this, though I was never impressed by his accuracy. 

He's still more accurate than jackson with similar mechanical issues.  Both have cannons, but jacksons clearly much more runner/athlete and a massive work in progress.  Mahomes seems more resembling a finished product.