The Teddy Bridgewater Thread

Rigotz

4 minutes ago, billsfan11 said:

I agree with most of what you’re saying.

The main difference between him and TT is the potential Teddy has.

He is 3 years younger and has barely played in the NFL.

TT has reached his ceiling and we know what he is.

But yes as of now in terms of production, I don’t think there is a big difference between him and TT

Teddy does have much more potential, I agree but I don’t think he’s going to pan out. Just a hunch. Doesn’t mean i’m not rooting for the kid because I really do hope he turns into a player. 

4 minutes ago, 26CornerBlitz said:

It is because Bridgewater plays within the structure and design of an offense with the ball coming out on time in 3, 5, and 7 step drops.  All things that Tyrod struggles with. 

That I will agree with you on, the footwork is miles ahead of what Tyrod can do. Tyrod does not do well in anticipation type throws and Teddy is better there. 

• Like (+1) 1

7 hours ago, Mrbojanglezs said:

Kirk Cousins is my first choice.

Bridgewater is my second choice.

Cousins would be better than any available vet or draft pick;  however, we're not getting him.  He's going to Denver.  If healthy, I'd take Bridgewater over Smith.

7 hours ago, Rigotz said:

I'm surprised to see fans clamoring for Alex Smith when there's a 25 year old QB out there who threw for 3,000 yards and made the pro bowl within his first two seasons.

Oh, and if his contract isn't tolled, he doesn't cost us the 2nd round or 3rd round pick that we would have to give up for Alex Smith.

Higher upside... we get to keep ALL of our picks ....why is nobody talking about Teddy Bridgewater?

Not me . given the choice gimme Bridgewater all day.

1 minute ago, Call_Of_Ktulu said:

My main reason for not wanting Bridgewater is injury issues. I remember liking Bridgewater a lot at Louisville, and I'm sure Eric Wood would love to have him here.

This.

Bridgewater's injury was literally one of the worst you could ever have in regards to an orthopedic knee injury.

40% of the time this injury is severely unstable and chronically painful.

He's lucky he didn't need his leg amputated.

There is no way I'd bet my team's future on him, unless I was looking for a high stakes gamble.

Look, it turned out great for the saints and betting on Brees, but be also played a solid season in SD before being replaced by Rivers.

Brees had a torn labrum though, which is like a hangnail compared to Teddy's injury.

• Like (+1) 1

2 minutes ago, BeefCurtns said:

Not me . given the choice gimme Bridgewater all day.

See, this is what I don't get.  If you want Bridgewater's low output offense, why not just keep TT?  He has more weapons.

All this stuff about Bridgewater being this classic pocket passer---where is all the passing then?  His offenses are anemic, as is his output.

• Like (+1) 1

5 minutes ago, Mr. WEO said:

See, this is what I don't get.  If you want Bridgewater's low output offense, why not just keep TT?  He has more weapons.

All this stuff about Bridgewater being this classic pocket passer---where is all the passing then?  His offenses are anemic, as is his output.

The difference between TT and Bridgewater is Teddy can read a defense. I'll say it again and maybe for the entire offseason. Any decent QB and we would of beat jacksonville.

2 minutes ago, BeefCurtns said:

The difference between TT and Bridgewater is Teddy can read a defense. I'll say it again and maybe for the entire offseason. Any decent QB and we would of beat jacksonville.

The steelers lost to Jax at home.  Twice.

Anyway, if Teddy is so good at reading defenses, why is his offensive output not better than TTs?  I don't get it.  Where is it hiding?  He's great at reading D's, yet he's good for 3000/15?  What year is this---1985?

1 minute ago, Mr. WEO said:

The steelers lost to Jax at home.  Twice.

Anyway, if Teddy is so good at reading defenses, why is his offensive output not better than TTs?  I don't get it.  Where is it hiding?  He's great at reading D's, yet he's good for 3000/15?  What year is this---1985?

Give me a qb that can actually go through his progressions and get to the third option. He's mobile enough to get out of trouble and he's 25 but the biggest difference is TT has had ample time and has not progressed. I would be happy with Bridgewater as long as they give him another target or two. I know people say the WR cupboard was bare this year and I kind of agree but it's been the same garbage from Taylor for a while even with better receivers . I'd roll the dice on Teddy and I'm sure i'm not the only one who would prefer him to Taylor.

10 minutes ago, BeefCurtns said:

Give me a qb that can actually go through his progressions and get to the third option. He's mobile enough to get out of trouble and he's 25 but the biggest difference is TT has had ample time and has not progressed. I would be happy with Bridgewater as long as they give him another target or two. I know people say the WR cupboard was bare this year and I kind of agree but it's been the same garbage from Taylor for a while even with better receivers . I'd roll the dice on Teddy and I'm sure i'm not the only one who would prefer him to Taylor.

I guess I just don't see this as anything but a lateral move.  Like, would you have watched Teddy put up 3000 yards and 14 TDs for the Bills this year and say "yeah, he doesn't do it much, and our offense is ranked 29th, but I really enjoyed watching Teedy go through his possessions and complete 2% more of his passes than TT"?

Remember, Teddy's BEST year was 14 TDs.  Why would you settle for this kind of output from your QB after dumbing TT for the same result?  

People can imagine all kinds of magical powers that Teddy possesses , yet his game is what it is.  Keenum has been a significant upgrade over Teddy, right off the bench---and this isn't even debatable.  

Alex Smith is, right now, light years better than Teddy has shown that he could ever be.

Totally underwhelming.  Hard pass.

Edited by Mr. WEO
  • Haha (+1) 1

41 minutes ago, Mr. WEO said:

I guess I just don't see this as anything but a lateral move.  Like, would you have watched Teddy put up 3000 yards and 14 TDs for the Bills this year and say "yeah, he doesn't do it much, and our offense is ranked 29th, but I really enjoyed watching Teedy go through his possessions and complete 2% more of his passes than TT"?

Remember, Teddy's BEST year was 14 TDs.  Why would you settle for this kind of output from your QB after dumbing TT for the same result?  

People can imagine all kinds of magical powers that Teddy possesses , yet his game is what it is.  Keenum has been a significant upgrade over Teddy, right off the bench---and this isn't even debatable.  

Alex Smith is, right now, light years better than Teddy has shown that he could ever be.

Totally underwhelming.  Hard pass.

I couldn’t agree more

9 hours ago, Rigotz said:

I'm surprised to see fans clamoring for Alex Smith when there's a 25 year old QB out there who threw for 3,000 yards and made the pro bowl within his first two seasons.

Oh, and if his contract isn't tolled, he doesn't cost us the 2nd round or 3rd round pick that we would have to give up for Alex Smith.

Higher upside... we get to keep ALL of our picks ....why is nobody talking about Teddy Bridgewater?

Cuz he's not good?