The Teddy Bridgewater Thread

Rigotz

5 minutes ago, whatdrought said:

I don't want Teddy to be our only option, but I wouldn't mind having him in as competition. Low risk high reward. 

I'd agree with this. I'm not certain he'd be an upgrade over Taylor due to his injury past etc. But he might very well be. I know that Taylor isn't good enough to get past a certain level and is who he is at this point. Bridgewater in the mix as a potential replacement would be a decent start. 

1 minute ago, Boatdrinks said:

I'd agree with this. I'm not certain he'd be an upgrade over Taylor due to his injury past etc. But he might very well be. I know that Taylor isn't good enough to get past a certain level and is who he is at this point. Bridgewater in the mix as a potential replacement would be a decent start. 

Well, my way of looking at it is that we can pretty well gauge Taylor's ceiling right now. Bridgewater's ceiling is undefined though very questionable. If we were to keep Taylor I could see Bridgewater as a high potential competition piece to come in and challenge TT. If we deal TT and aren't sold on trading up, I could see TB as a decent player to compete with a rookie for a chance to play. 

I think a lot of people forget how convinced the Vikings were that TB was on the cusp right before the injury. Granted, the same logic makes me wonder why they're getting rid of him. 

Report: “Handful of teams” see Teddy Bridgewater as potential starter

The NFL hasn’t made anything official yet, but signs continue to point to quarterback Teddy Bridgewater becoming an unrestricted free agent on March 14 rather than having his contract with the Vikings toll for another season.

If that is indeed the case, it sounds like Bridgewater will field some calls from outside Minnesota. Adam Schefter of ESPN reports that a “handful of teams” showed interest in Bridgewater as a potential starting quarterback. Bridgewater said in January that he “definitely” thinks he can start in 2018.

4 minutes ago, 26CornerBlitz said:

The NFL hasn’t made anything official yet, but signs continue to point to quarterback Teddy Bridgewater becoming an unrestricted free agent on March 14 rather than having his contract with the Vikings toll for another season.

If that is indeed the case, it sounds like Bridgewater will field some calls from outside Minnesota. Adam Schefter of ESPN reports that a “handful of teams” showed interest in Bridgewater as a potential starting quarterback. Bridgewater said in January that he “definitely” thinks he can start in 2018.

Woof

4 minutes ago, 26CornerBlitz said:

...certainly applaud the kid's positive thinking...if I remember correctly, the devastating injury required surgery to "save his leg from amputation" and miraculously he is ready to go...thought I read he stated that he would "not accept back up money from the Vikings".....so it seems TB and GM's may not be on the same page, especially with guaranteed money versus incentive laden contract....and he may be beyond the length of service McBeane is looking for from a vet signing.........guessing that possible thought is two year vet to mentor rook QB and Peterman.....

2 minutes ago, OldTimeAFLGuy said:

...certainly applaud the kid's positive thinking...if I remember correctly, the devastating injury required surgery to "save his leg from amputation" and miraculously he is ready to go...thought I read he stated that he would "not accept back up money from the Vikings".....so it seems TB and GM's may not be on the same page, especially with guaranteed money versus incentive laden contract....and he may be beyond the length of service McBeane is looking for from a vet signing.........guessing that possible thought is two year vet to mentor rook QB and Peterman.....

That was an initial thought but he was fortunate that it wasn't the case unlike Zach Miller who suffered artery damage. 

Edited by 26CornerBlitz
  • Like (+1) 1