NCAA to Allow CFB & CBB Players Transfer without Sitting Out?

26CornerBlitz

This is a slippery slope. Sure there are some legit tranfer reasons where a kid shouldn't have to sit...

but

this is the next step for Big time programs to scoop up the best players from mid major programs

a kid at UB tears it up as a freshmen and sophomore, is on his way to becoming a 1st round pick... them Duke or Kansas or Kentucky offers him a scholarship and he transfers without having to sit

this will happen to Mid majors like Bonnie's or UB

1 minute ago, Buffalo716 said:

This is a slippery slope. Sure there are some legit tranfer reasons where a kid shouldn't have to sit...

but

this is the next step for Big time programs to scoop up the best players from mid major programs

a kid at UB tears it up as a freshmen and sophomore, is on his way to becoming a 1st round pick... them Duke or Kansas or Kentucky offers him a scholarship and he transfers without having to sit

this will happen to Mid majors like Bonnie's or UB

It happens all the time with coach poaching.  Why should the players be any different? 

1 minute ago, 26CornerBlitz said:

It happens all the time with coach poaching.  Why should the players be any different? 

Because you don't make a commitment to a coach.  You make it to the school. Sure, a coach SHOULD be a HUGE deciding factor ...

But the coach isn't giving him a free education... the university is

when you sign that LOI you are making a commitment to the school. That includes learning, growing, and overcoming adversity, which includes coaching changes. 

Its a right for a player to transfer but it shouldn't be glorified. The year wait makes it a serious transaction for a team. 

Life isn't fair so neither is NCAA regulations. Coaches have advantages over student athletes as far as leaving 

but college basketball and football will get really hairy fast if you can start poaching other players without a transfer window

just sounds like easy pickings for the top dogs

I am 100% for a player choosing to transfer. I did. I also had to redshirt and wait a year 

i really hope I'm not sounding too harsh, I just think honoring commitments is huge in life and student athletes have a huge commitment when they go to a school

Just now, Buffalo716 said:

Because you don't make a commitment to a coach.  You make it to the school. Sure, a coach SHOULD be a HUGE deciding factor ...

when you sign that LOI you are making a commitment to the school. That includes learning, growing, and overcoming adversity, which includes coaching changes. 

Its a right for a player to transfer but it shouldn't be glorified. The year wait makes it a serious transaction for a team. 

Life isn't fair so neither is NCAA regulations. Coaches have advantages over student athletes as far as leaving 

but college basketball and football will get really hairy fast if you can start poaching other players without a transfer window

I am 100% for a player choosing to transfer. I did. I also had to redshirt and wait a year 

i really hope I'm not sounding too harsh, I just think honoring commitments is huge in life and student athletes have a huge commitment when they go to a school

Not buying the whole free education spiel. These guys in too many cases are kept eligible in sham majors to keep them on the field/court.  The reality is that they are really unpaid employees despite the "student-athlete" moniker. 

Just now, 26CornerBlitz said:

Not buying the whole free education spiel. These guys in too many cases are kept eligible in sham majors to keep them on the field/court.  The reality is that they are really unpaid employees despite the "student-athlete" moniker. 

Hey I don't disagree there buddy!

Von Miller majored in CHICKEN FARMING...

sure sure :P

15 hours ago, 26CornerBlitz said:

About time

6 hours ago, Buffalo716 said:

This Will Probably Happen But I Think It Will Benefit The The Athlete To Go From A Mid Major To A Big School And thus Make Better Prosepects For The NFL.

9 hours ago, Buffalo Barbarian said:

About time

This Will Probably Happen But I Think It Will Benefit The The Athlete To Go From A Mid Major To A Big School And thus Make Better Prosepects For The NFL.

But you don't need to be at a big school to get drafted anymore

The MAC has had a #1 overall draft pick, and Khalil Mack. Division 1aa QBs are getting drafted

you can easily get drafted to the NFL from any D1 football conference now if your talented enough 

2 minutes ago, Buffalo716 said:

But you don't need to be at a big school to get drafted anymore

The MAC has had a #1 overall draft pick, and Khalil Mack. Division 1aa QBs are getting drafted

you can easily get drafted to the NFL from any D1 football conference now if your talented enough 

I Thinking More Along The Lines Of Working Against Better Competition Making one Better.

One Of The Best Things That Happened To Me As A Wrestler Was Getting My Butt Kicked by My Teammate Who Was Way Better Than i Was. At First I Got Killed But By The End Of The Year we Were Even And The Next Year I Was Beating. him.

Just now, Buffalo Barbarian said:

I Thinking More Along The Lines Of Working Against Better Competition Making one Better.

One Of The Best Things That Happened To Me As A Wrestler Was Getting My Butt Kicked by My Teammate Who Was Way Better Than i Was. At First I Got Killed But By The End Of The Year we Were Even And The Next Year I Was Beating. him.

Of course. Stepping up competition level brings the best out of every athlete 

i was 15 when I went to Aquinas to play football and it was a gut check . I never saw competition like that

• Like (+1) 1

12 minutes ago, Buffalo716 said:

Of course. Stepping up competition level brings the best out of every athlete 

i was 15 when I went to Aquinas to play football and it was a gut check . I never saw competition like that

Yep, that's why I want my nephew to go to UB instead of smaller school , it's like he is afraid of a big school environment and says he feels more comfortable at a small school. 

Yep, that's why I want my nephew to go to UB instead of smaller school , it's like he is afraid of a big school environment and says he feels more comfortable at a small school. 

That's normal, D1 football is very tough and painful. Commitment to the weight room is key to get stronger and stronger 

not lying, I was in pain every time I got hit. I was too small

Just now, Buffalo716 said:

That's normal, D1 football is very tough and painful. Commitment to the weight room is key to get stronger and stronger 

not lying, I was in pain every time I got hit. I was too small

He's a big boy 6'7' 315, plays OT. He works out  at some training facility in the city but he needs more strength, I'm sure he will get there.

He's a big boy 6'7' 315, plays OT. He works out  at some training facility in the city but he needs more strength, I'm sure he will get there.

Well there ya go!

Hes blessed with that size! 

UB does an EXCELLENT JOB developing OTs

they can make him an NFL player with that size

9 hours ago, Buffalo Barbarian said:

Hopefully

I know two kids who went to UB as Olineman. One was a 0* recruit and the other a 2*.

they both developed insanely well , got bigger,  stronger, faster.

they were dominating by their senior seasons and both got NFL tryouts. One is still trying 

• Like (+1) 1

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a very specific reason to revive this one.