Shady Wants to Keep His "Lil Coins" in 2018

3 hours ago, Shotgunner said:

Yeah because that's what I said.... Come on now.

Didn't say cut him, but objectively he is not worth nearly 9 million.

But if you want to make up things I said or create a controversy, carry on.

Objectively nobody is worth anything.

But if anyone on the Bills is worth that, it’s McCoy.

Also, did you know teef is a dentist? Ask him what his household income is. And he’s Italian so you know he doesn’t spend a dime.

• Haha (+1) 2

4 hours ago, Shotgunner said:

I love Shady, but he's not worth that number.

His negative yardage plays exploded this year, and those are drive killers.

I won't even comment on "lil coins" other than saying the mean income for Americans in 2017 was about $46,500.

He did have too many negative plays and they are drive killers, but I think so much was on the OC , Shady looked great to me as far as burst, vision , catching and cutting ability. It was just a broken scheme. I think he has at least 2 elite years left. He doesn't take hits like the average RB , I would like to add a fairly high RB in the draft to complement him.

1 hour ago, Shotgunner said:

Perhaps. Perhaos not. He did get contacted by the D early and often, but Dennison didn't make him reverse course 1, 2, or 3 times on one play. Oline and/or dennison can be blamed for the 1-3 yard losses, but those 5+ yard losses are on Shady. He needs to realize he is no longer the fastest or most sudden player on the field and take the yards he can get on broken plays.

The Bills were one of the most predictable teams in the NFL on 1st and 2nd down.  Defenses almost always knew what was coming just like all of us sitting there screaming at the TV saying we knew what was coming next because it was obvious.  Just look at the 1st quarter of the Jags game as an example where, despite not working in that game, Dennison decided to call that play action bootleg to the right 5 times.  Again, that was in just the 1st quarter and IT DIDN'T WORK!  You understand that type of play calling if it's working even though I think that was a fault of Dennison's, too, because if he has a play that works really well, he would literally call it the very next play and we'd get stuffed.

The guy was just a terrible OC.  I'm super glad he's gone.  Shady had his worst year as a pro (which, by the way, was still really good) and it was primarily because of Dennison.  Maybe Shady lost a little speed, but it's not his speed that makes him special, it's his elusiveness, which he clearly still has.

Can't wait to see him back in a Bills uniform next year on his way to 12K!  :thumbsup:

3 hours ago, zonabb said:

Mean what? Household? Per capita? Family? And no, there has not been reported income for 2017 yet. That number was pulled from 2016 estimates provided by the Census. 2017 won't be available until the fall. And median is the more appropriate measure as it's not subject to outliers. Here's why, that numbers seems respectable since it's per capita income, meaning the average persons makes $46.5k. However, the median is 31,099 which means simply that half make more and half make less, a better measure. That is your nerd moment of the day.

So yeah a paycut isn't something McCoy should cry about. 

31K sounds more realistic.  Until we find a QB, Shady will be 30% of our offense and worth every dime. Get better olineman and a QB and he'll become a bargain. 

10 minutes ago, Watkins90 said:

If we had a quarterback who posed a threat to pass the ball, Shady wouldn't have had so many negative plays. Nothing the guy can really do when he is handed the ball and getting blasted before he has a chance to make a cut. 

Why this year as opposed to 2015 and 2016? 

Edited by 26CornerBlitz

4 hours ago, BillsFan4 said:

I expect McCoy to have a huge year next season and earn every penny of that cap hit. 

Brian Daboll has consistently improved the running game wherever he's been, and in many cases he drastically improved it. Yards per attempt has historically shot up under him, as has total rushing yards, rushing TDs (etc). 

Plus, we know the Bills O line is good with a power run scheme and that's what Daboll primarily runs. 

THIS!

Go Bills

3 hours ago, Shotgunner said:

Why caan't they restructure? Like it or not, Shady is declining. 

And I know, it is true he was 30%+ of the offense, but that was just over 1100 yards. It's only 30% because we have no passing attack at all.

You are right it was from 2016, and my number was head of household... Either way 31099 would make my point just the same.

To be fair I don't think Shady is crying about it, but he knows the value isn't there and thats why he addressed the spotrac post.

Perhaps. Perhaos not. He did get contacted by the D early and often, but Dennison didn't make him reverse course 1, 2, or 3 times on one play. Oline and/or dennison can be blamed for the 1-3 yard losses, but those 5+ yard losses are on Shady. He needs to realize he is no longer the fastest or most sudden player on the field and take the yards he can get on broken plays.

TOTALLY do not agree with this - those 2-3 extra cuts was Shady running for his life as the O-Line collapsed around him allowing not one but multiple defenders to get to him.  Yeah he was tackled for more losses than we like but sheesh he ran for more yards than MANY other RB's.  Try to keep things in perspective here.

• Like (+1) 2

6 hours ago, Shotgunner said:

I won't even comment on "lil coins" other than saying the mean income for Americans in 2017 was about $46,500.

Could that be attributed to our OL getting blown up at the point of attack and him having defenders in his face 2 yards behind the line of scrimmage? 

• Like (+1) 1

Shady is the best player on the team.  He will get old real soon.  Pay the money now and take the cap hit now.  Only Gaines will demand decent money.  They are fine with the cap.  Get rid of Demarco and Tolbert and get cheap and young behind Shady.  Don't hurt the future by pushinig off the cap hit now.  They will need the cash to keep Gaines this year and Benjamin, Hyde, and Poyer  in future years.

He deserves it.

For those talking about negative yardage, that is 100% on the oline. I didn't see a single play this year with him taking negative yardage that was his fault.

6 minutes ago, Dadonkadonk said:

Shady is the best player on the team.  He will get old real soon.  Pay the money now and take the cap hit now.  Only Gaines will demand decent money.  They are fine with the cap.  Get rid of Demarco and Tolbert and get cheap and young behind Shady.  Don't hurt the future by pushinig off the cap hit now.  They will need the cash to keep Gaines this year and Benjamin, Hyde, and Poyer  in future years.

Why Dimarco?

Pay the man and move one.  Hes been a good player and teamate here.  No reason to kick the can further with a 29 year old back.  Rather over pay him by 1.5 mil this year than paying 10 mil dead cap and hes no longer here in 2 or 3 years.

If bell is extended or franchised shady is no longer 1.

6 hours ago, Koko78 said:

Publicity? Generate hits for his website?

He is a very good friend of mine. Literally known him since I was 3. We grew up together. Unlike me, he’s a genuinely good guy who was posting a stat. When Shady responded, Mike’s response was 100% correct and actually pretty good advice for the team. 

And yes, it doesn’t hurt business if Shady tags onto your tweet. 

7 hours ago, Shotgunner said:

That's really dumb.

The guy is regularly in the top 5 in rushing in the league, regularly in the top 5 in total yards from scrimmage.   Over the past 7 or 8 seasons he's probably been the best running back in the league.   He plays hurt.   Almost all of his negative yards plays come when he has no hole and a lineman has missed his assignment.   So the best running back in the league has the second highest running back contract in the league, and you're complaining.  

He's worth every nickel.  

• Like (+1) 2