Bills sign safety Kelcie McCray

http://www.buffalobills.com/news/article-1/Bills-sign-S-Kelcie-McCray-/3610f983-2352-4011-b582-efa069c17dee

Buffalo continued to fill out their offseason roster with reserve/future free agents. On Wednesday, the Bills signed S Kelcie McCray.

McCray, 29, was last with the Seattle Seahawks appearing mainly on special teams in the 2015 and 2016 seasons, though he did fill in for an injured Kam Chancellor at safety in his two seasons with Seattle.

He was originally signed as an undrafted rookie in 2012 by Miami, but spent his rookie season on injured reserve with a broken foot.

Claimed off waivers from the Dolphins in 2013 by Tampa Bay, McCray was primarily a special teamer for the Bucs appearing in 11 games. In 2014, he was traded to Kansas City where he appeared in all 16 games as a special teamer.

He re-signed with the Chiefs that offseason, but was traded to Seattle for a fifth-round pick in Sept. of 2015.

An Arkansas State product, McCray (6-2, 202) has appeared in 63 NFL games in his career.

Discuss (or don't, totally your call). 

Edited by JohnBonhamRocks

What happened to him in 2017? No one wanted him? 

"Strong safety Kelcie McCray has surprisingly not gotten any offseason play despite his contributions on special teams and as a capable starter in place of the injured Kam Chancellor. The last news on McCray came back in May, when he was scheduled to visit with the Jaguars."

I suspect this is to replace Colt Anderson on ST, he was injured most of this year.  Seeing as he (Anderson) played his college games where I live, it is sort of sad - but he had a good career.

No idea where McCray was.  I saw on that link he tried out for the Chiefs late in the season.  Otherwise seems to have been out of the league for no apparent reason.

• Like (+1) 1

37 minutes ago, MTBill said:

I suspect this is to replace Colt Anderson on ST, he was injured most of this year.  Seeing as he (Anderson) played his college games where I live, it is sort of sad - but he had a good career.

No idea where McCray was.  I saw on that link he tried out for the Chiefs late in the season.  Otherwise seems to have been out of the league for no apparent reason.

trust the process.  they are just roster building.  Its all good.  top calibre special teamers who can also play a position at an NFL level are hard to come by.   grab them when they become available.   Colt Anderson is an injury machine.   My sense would be the coaches are regrettably done with him ... 

• Like (+1) 1

6 hours ago, JohnBonhamRocks said:

http://www.buffalobills.com/news/article-1/Bills-sign-S-Kelcie-McCray-/3610f983-2352-4011-b582-efa069c17dee

Buffalo continued to fill out their offseason roster with reserve/future free agents. On Wednesday, the Bills signed S Kelcie McCray.

McCray, 29, was last with the Seattle Seahawks appearing mainly on special teams in the 2015 and 2016 seasons, though he did fill in for an injured Kam Chancellor at safety in his two seasons with Seattle.

He was originally signed as an undrafted rookie in 2012 by Miami, but spent his rookie season on injured reserve with a broken foot.

Claimed off waivers from the Dolphins in 2013 by Tampa Bay, McCray was primarily a special teamer for the Bucs appearing in 11 games. In 2014, he was traded to Kansas City where he appeared in all 16 games as a special teamer.

He re-signed with the Chiefs that offseason, but was traded to Seattle for a fifth-round pick in Sept. of 2015.

An Arkansas State product, McCray (6-2, 202) has appeared in 63 NFL games in his career.

Discuss (or don't, totally your call). 

I vote: Discuss.

• Like (+1) 1