What would it (realistically) take to get Alex Smith?

NickelCity

2 minutes ago, Southern Bills Fan said:

Alex Smith is a top 10 QB. I believe it will take a first to get him. 

Hes only got 1 year left on his deal

Hes 33 years old

Jimmy G was traded for a 2nd

Highly unlikely a team will give up a first considering these things

Edited by Zebrastripes
  • Like (+1) 1

It baffles me fans think TT is just as good as Alex Smith!!!

Whatvthe heck has Tyrod done in 3 years? His running is unnecessary but I get it fans get excited by it. WRS are open and he’s running around!

This is crazy..... the facts are out there of how clutch Tyrod is, he’s not! I’m just gonna stop even trying to convince people Tyrod will never be a #1 QB ever again. If he could, there would be trade value. Bills will NOT get a single draft pick for Tyrod. That should tell you, especially with the amount of teams who need QBs.

But guess what Teams will absolutely trade for Alex Smith... cause he’s night and day better. Alex Smith easily a top 15 QB. Tyrod, Bottom 5!!!

4 minutes ago, Southern Bills Fan said:

Ok, name 10 better QB’s. And not the Garoppolos or Dak Prescotts. Guys that have proven it for a while. 

Just off the top of my head and I could go further if I included young guns:

Rodgers
Brady
Brees
Roethlisberger
Matt Ryan
Carson Wentz
Russell Wilson
Phillip Rivers
Matthew Stafford
Cam Newton
Kirk Cousins

1 minute ago, 26CornerBlitz said:

Just off the top of my head and I could go further if I included young guns:

Rodgers
Brady
Brees
Roethlisberger
Matt Ryan
Carson Wentz
Russell Wilson
Phillip Rivers
Matthew Stafford
Cam Newton
Kirk Cousins

You have a strange way of rating QB’s if you think Cousins, Newton or Stafford are better. 

10 minutes ago, Southern Bills Fan said:

Ok, name 10 better QB’s. And not the Garoppolos or Dak Prescotts. Guys that have proven it for a while. 

Exactly. Watch, Garoppolo is gonna get a 5 year deal over $90-100M.

but Alex Smith isn’t worth $17M?

and I’m not saying Garoppolo isn’t worth $100M but he done what? It’s a bigger gamble for sure.

I would like to grab Alex Smith, extend him through the 2020 season with his 3rd year making him expendable without a lot of Guaranteed money.

I think a 2nd would get it done.  The Chiefs are currently $14mil OVER the salary cap for 2018.  Getting Smith off the roster frees up $17mil for them.  They could wind up cutting Smith outright if they can't get a trade done and I'm guessing the league knows it, which will limit what the Chiefs will be able to ask / hold out for.  

1 minute ago, Adam727 said:

I think a 2nd would get it done.  The Chiefs are currently $14mil OVER the salary cap for 2018.  Getting Smith off the roster frees up $17mil for them.  They could wind up cutting Smith outright if they can't get a trade done and I'm guessing the league knows it, which will limit what the Chiefs will be able to ask / hold out for.  

They would cut him... which may drop his value. But I doubt it with the amount of team who need a QB. I’m sticking with a 2nd.

Dont know if teams with high 2nd Would deal them. May not want too and shoot for early 3rd.

2 minutes ago, Southern Bills Fan said:

No, it’s just that your always such a d bag and think you have to dominate every thread and you speak in absolutes as if your opinion is the only one that matters. 

Name calling isn't buttressing your weak argument in any way.  Inferiority complex at work with you it seems. Get some help. 

9 minutes ago, 26CornerBlitz said:

Is that supposed to hurt my feelings?  Alex Smith a top ten QB.  :lol:

50-60% of the time Alex Smith is easily a top 10 QB. 

But 50-60% of the time Tyrod is a bottom 10 QB. And I don’t want to hear about how many ints he throws, or him running around etc. He’s at the Bottom!

2 minutes ago, 1ZAYDAY1 said:

50-60% of the time Alex Smith is easily a top 10 QB. 

But 50-60% of the time Tyrod is a bottom 10 QB. And I don’t want to hear about how many ints he throws, or him running around etc. He’s at the Bottom!

Smith is a top ten QB as a figment of someone's imagination only and Tyrod has nothing to do with this thread.   Smith is about to be on his 3rd team for a reason. 

Edited by 26CornerBlitz