Why not Sam Bradford??

bills6969

the knock is he has a glass jaw...

He is an average QB when healthy though. And an upgrade over TT regarding passing. Gets sacked about 36 times in a full season of work..

Pure pocket passer is not going to extend plays like TT has

8 minutes ago, bills6969 said:

Much rather go after Bradford than cousins.  I feel Vikes are going to stick with Keenum for the long run.

I'd rather go after neither and draft a new QB. If you have to bring a QB in as a FA/trade I'd rather Smith or Keenum.

Cousins price tag scares me for very moderate to below moderate results and Bradford is so injured he can't be depended on.

2 minutes ago, matter2003 said:

Because he is always hurt and he isn't that good when he isn't hurt.

All the Bills would be asking for is to get a quality free agent QB who can hold the fort down for 4-5 weeks till the 1st round rookie QB pick would be comfortable in taking over. Because in general, 1st round QBs just don't sit their whole rookie season. This is why Bradford on a one year contract would probably be one of the best options for the Bills.

Injuries.  He is a pretty good Qb he just cant stay healthy.  This is what happened when they drafted Ej.  They took a Qb who wasnt polished and signed Keven Kolb.  kolb got eaten by the mat monster and all was left was for Ej to rush into starting.  That could happen with Bradford.  Worst thing to happen would be for a Qb to lose a Qb battle than for you to go back to him.

Just now, ddaryl said:

No he played 2 games for the Vikings before hurting his knee and being placed on IR

Yes, that's what he did this year.  Looks like he played 15 games last year with 20 td's vs. 5 picks and a completion percentage of 71.6%.  They also had a horrid oline last year.

I think Sam is a great option as a bridge.

• Like (+1) 1

12 minutes ago, matter2003 said:

Because he is always hurt and he isn't that good when he isn't hurt.

Disagree. "WHEN" Bradford is healthy he is an above average QB with very good accuracy.

Unfortunately the best ability is availability and Sam is about as fragile as peanut brittle. Wouldn't mind it but got to have a competent back up and a promising draft pick in the wings.

Edited by billsbackto81
  • Like (+1) 1

15 minutes ago, bills6969 said:

Much rather go after Bradford than cousins.  I feel Vikes are going to stick with Keenum for the long run.

Please stop.  Please, please stop. 

Mods, can the next person who proposes we go after Bradford lose posting privileges until they can correctly recite Bradford's injury history?

The man's been injured 4 out of his 7 NFL seasons.  He's been injured on, like, the first dropback in a preseason game.  He doesn't have a knee left.

Yes, he can play QB in the NFL successfully.  Yes, when he's healthy he's a better QB than Taylor.  Than many.  But that's a huge conditional.

No, you can't count on him for 2 games, much less 4 or 5.  That disqualifies him as a backup.

Cousins can play QB at least as well as Bradford and he's durable.

Please stop.

Edited by Hapless Bills Fan
  • Like (+1) 2

2 minutes ago, SWATeam said:

Yes, that's what he did this year.  Looks like he played 15 games last year with 20 td's vs. 5 picks and a completion percentage of 71.6%.  They also had a horrid oline last year.

I think Sam is a great option as a bridge.

technically that was 2017 and last year.. But yeah if you go back to 2016 he had a decent season.

In seven seasons he has 3 seasons of 10 games or less.. So that is the concern...