Everyone Talks Trade Up For QB, But What If....

H2o

I'm against packaging our first two round draft picks for a QB, let alone a LB.   The mere concept gives me Sammy Watkins nightmares.

We have too many needs.  I don't want to use both picks on one guy.

(Then again, if we used two 1st round draft picks to get a 12+ year HOF signal caller, I'd change my tune).

Edited by hondo in seattle
  • Like (+1) 1

37 minutes ago, JohnBonhamRocks said:

On the contrary, I think, even more than his talent, that one of the most appealing things about signing Cousins is being able to use all of those five top-100 picks to fill out the rest of the roster. 

If we signed our QB, then we can afford to draft 5 of the BPA at HB/WR/OG/OT/DT/DE/LB/CB. 

I am not against that either, and agree with that method, but my point was more we better not be trading up unless we have solved our QB issue before, or we are trading up for a qb

• Like (+1) 1

If I were to step back and throw it on a scale I would say the Bills defense is a lot better then the offence. We have a defensive minded HC so I assume that is gonna be a strength.

So I can appreciate your suggestion I just don't think defense should be priority. Definitely not to a degree of trading up.

The weak link on the team is the offense. I think that should be the priority in my opinion. 

I'm kind of surprised that more people don't feel the way I do. I would want to work on my weakness not my strength. 

Edited by Lfod

It's just a thought. I like Smith a lot as a player and I'm sure McDermott wants to find his Kuechley for this defense. I'm not saying I would trade up for him because I like Tegray Scales of Indiana almost as much and think he can be had @ 21 or 22. This is something I could see happening though if they really feel Smith is that important a piece of the defense so I threw it out there. :thumbsup:

Regardless of how we feel about trading up, the Bills will do it for a player they like if they see value in the trade. And it doesn't have to be a QB (though this year it very well may be). They traded up for Zay Jones for cripessake. And they did it with JuJu still on the board. I would trade up for Smith before Zay, and I like Zay. 

1 hour ago, Magox said:

Have we not learned from the Sammy Watkins debacle?

Possibly the worst GM move that the Bills have made on draft day in decades.  

I do not want to package two firsts unless it's a QB.

Really?? Aaron Maybin,and Erik Flowers say hello. Oh look over there it's Mike Williams,and Donte Whitner.......The list just keeps going on.