Bon Jovi on Howard Stern Talking Buffalo Bills

KDIGGZ

18 hours ago, Lfod said:

The Panthers still for sale? Just go buy them.

Might Lose that bid there also.

10 hours ago, njbuff said:

I hear anybody play a Bob Jovi song, I'll kill em.

Wanted dead or alive

What a crock of crap.

I think Pegula bidding a few hundred million dollars more than the TORONTO GROUP had something to do with who won the bid.

If you believe Bon Jovi you just weren't paying attention. It's fine. He lost, the team is here to stay, and a lot of people are really upset and "heartbroken" in Toronto about it. Boo hoo.

Yesterday's Tim Graham show - as they talk to Kaputo (I think is his name), the guy who worked with Trump on this, and they replay and comment on the Stern interview.

I went in hating Bon Jovi, but it turns out Sully was on, too.  But, he only said two things - enough for me to hate him even more.........First, he talks like Bon Jovi is definitely telling the truth and declares that See, then Pegulas didn't save any teams for Buffalo.  Golisano wasn't going to move the team, either............Later, after they get to the part where Bon Jovi said this thing partially was to blame for him having to go to therapy - he says I can't be the only one drawing a direct line between what happened to him and what happened to Hilary Clinton.  She got depressed, too - after Trump stole the election by collusion, as well. 

https://l.facebook.com/l.php?u=http%3A%2F%2Fbuffalonews.com%2F2018%2F01%2F17%2Ftim-graham-show-dissecting-jon-bon-jovis-interview-with-howard-stern-about-the-bills%2F&h=ATO4ZZiviVh88AQKut14pGdYxeBApDJSQKASgSdzZ3LMdSc33h_AjjJwJwp5Wb7_IHzGzb_2i0SElaPLBYsjVL4B8p_V4szVgNCdynnzKSAGK02xyyBU-cPOF53aK728vfVPMNHM8FNFOPw

2 hours ago, bbb said:

Yesterday's Tim Graham show - as they talk to Kaputo (I think is his name), the guy who worked with Trump on this, and they replay and comment on the Stern interview.

I went in hating Bon Jovi, but it turns out Sully was on, too.  But, he only said two things - enough for me to hate him even more.........First, he talks like Bon Jovi is definitely telling the truth and declares that See, then Pegulas didn't save any teams for Buffalo.  Golisano wasn't going to move the team, either............Later, after they get to the part where Bon Jovi said this thing partially was to blame for him having to go to therapy - he says I can't be the only one drawing a direct line between what happened to him and what happened to Hilary Clinton.  She got depressed, too - after Trump stole the election by collusion, as well. 

https://l.facebook.com/l.php?u=http%3A%2F%2Fbuffalonews.com%2F2018%2F01%2F17%2Ftim-graham-show-dissecting-jon-bon-jovis-interview-with-howard-stern-about-the-bills%2F&h=ATO4ZZiviVh88AQKut14pGdYxeBApDJSQKASgSdzZ3LMdSc33h_AjjJwJwp5Wb7_IHzGzb_2i0SElaPLBYsjVL4B8p_V4szVgNCdynnzKSAGK02xyyBU-cPOF53aK728vfVPMNHM8FNFOPw

Is this in pig Latin or the language those guys speak in Twin Peaks?

Skurski was on Rochester radio ESPN this afternoon.  He said that initially it was Bon jovi and Tannebaum.  There was no talk of moving the team.  Later, Rodgers came in as the third partner.  It was revealed that Rodgers had scouted out proposed Toronto Stadium sites before Ralph died--and before he partnered with Bon jovi and Tannenbaum.  When the clause restricting sales to teams who agreed not to move the team (the 'non-relocation" clause), the "Toronto group" did an about face and started to publically say they were committed to Buffalo.

So Bon Jovi is not necessarily lying about his own plan not to move the team. 

I can't believe a single person actually believes this bull crap.

Bon Jovi just doesn't want a large and vocal group of sports fans vilifying him for trying to steal their team. He figures he'll just say it was all Trump's fault and everyone will believe him because after all everything is Trump's fault (George W Bush is so happy now). As some have already mentioned, most people outside of WNY don't know anything at all about the Bills and only care about the story from the "poor Bon Jovi got screwed by Trump" angle, completely forgetting that Trump and the Toronto group were competing for 2nd place all along anyway. The people who actually bought the team had a lot more money than either Trump or the Toronto group.

Unfortunately, the reality is that he teamed up with a bunch of guys who actually HAD the money to buy him a toy and whose dream it always was to get an NFL team in Toronto. These same guys invested tens of millions into having the team they were going to buy for Bon Jovi play in Toronto with the idea of eventually expanding the series and maybe even splitting the schedule 4/4.

How soon we seem to forget the comments from Rogers and co. about if the NFL added 2 games to the season they would "go for that game, and possibly another one." Their goal was clear right from the get-go.

Nobody who knows anything about the actual deal believes that the Toronto group was committed to keeping the Bills in Buffalo. They offered a half-assed "promise" in their bidding documents, and everyone knew all along that the first excuse they got the team would be in Toronto.

And in the end, it wasn't anything to do with Trump. The Pegulas outbid everyone by several hundred million dollars AND made an ironclad promise not to move the team. They have invested hundreds of millions of dollars into the city and region and upgraded the facilities for both teams.

THAT is why Bon Jovi doesn't own 33% of an NFL team. He and his group got outbid, as did Trump and anyone else who might have been interested. Case closed.

Edited by TheFunPolice
  • Like (+1) 1

12 hours ago, Mr. WEO said:

Skurski was on Rochester radio ESPN this afternoon.  He said that initially it was Bon jovi and Tannebaum.  There was no talk of moving the team.  Later, Rodgers came in as the third partner.  It was revealed that Rodgers had scouted out proposed Toronto Stadium sites before Ralph died--and before he partnered with Bon jovi and Tannenbaum.  When the clause restricting sales to teams who agreed not to move the team (the 'non-relocation" clause), the "Toronto group" did an about face and started to publically say they were committed to Buffalo.

So Bon Jovi is not necessarily lying about his own plan not to move the team. 

In the short term.  The team was tied to Buffalo for 6 years (until after the 2019 season) so Jon Bovi and the Toronto group only had to pay lip service until that time. 

Most surprising development in this thread: Weo listens to Stern.  I never would have guessed but agree with your reasons.  He is a fantastic interviewer.  I don't care much for the rest of the stuff most of the time but his interviews are generally the best you will hear.  He puts people at ease and gets them to open up like nobody else I can think of.  People don't "stick to the script" with him.  It is a unique and underappreciated talent imo.

Least surprising development in this thread:  ShadyBillsfan offers an uninformed opinion and then won't back off of it :P:nana: 

41 minutes ago, Doc said:

In the short term.  The team was tied to Buffalo for 6 years (until after the 2019 season) so Jon Bovi and the Toronto group only had to pay lip service until that time. 

The team was barred from even negotiating with any buyer who the even suspected of wanting to move the team.  So it would seem clear the trust and the County didn't think Toronto group would move, or they wouldn't have solicited a bid from them.

Also, Kryk said the Toronto group would have to come up with 500 million for relocation, 1.5-2 billion for a new stadium to be built at least 5 years after the purchase, plus at least a billion to buy the team.  Despite the wealth of Tannenbaum and the Rogers family, he said that group did not have nearly the cash on hand to pay for all of this to get the team to Toronto.  They bailed out.

Kryk also believes that Pegula will stonewall the league regarding a new stadium indefinitely, as the costs for a new place are skyrocketing every year due to the costs of raw materials--particularly steel.

19 minutes ago, section122 said:

Most surprising development in this thread: Weo listens to Stern.  I never would have guessed but agree with your reasons.  He is a fantastic interviewer.  I don't care much for the rest of the stuff most of the time but his interviews are generally the best you will hear.  He puts people at ease and gets them to open up like nobody else I can think of.  People don't "stick to the script" with him.  It is a unique and underappreciated talent imo.

Least surprising development in this thread:  ShadyBillsfan offers an uninformed opinion and then won't back off of it :P:nana: 

Been a listener since 1987 when I spent a several years on Long Island.  K-Rock.

It's not anybody's "fault"

"Bon Jovi" (i.e. the Toronto people with the actual money) offer an amount.

Trump offered an amount

Pegula offered a MUCH bigger amount than either of them and thus got the team.

If Bon Jovi wants to own 33% of an NFL team so badly maybe he should buy the Panthers and move to Carolina. Why did the dream die with the Bills?

Oh... because A) he doesn't have the $$ and B) the only reason he was involved with the Toronto group trying to buy the Bills was to put a popular American face on the Toronto group so everyone would buy their total BS about not moving the team.