Yes our D held Jags Offensive Juggernaut to 10 pts

On 1/17/2018 at 10:42 AM, oldmanfan said:

They put it on Bortles to perform because he's been very inconsistent, and it was smart.  Of course it had to do with our game plan and defense.

Yeah.. I'm sure the game plan was to lure Bortles into throwing to WIDE OPEN recievers with no defenders within 15 yards... All in hopes that he would miss them!!!

On 1/17/2018 at 9:49 AM, BillsinChesterSprings said:

Mike Tomlin should be fired just for allowing Nathan Hackett to beat his defense.

there really wasn't an honest decent team in the AFC this season beside the Pats

On 1/17/2018 at 7:53 AM, bmur66 said:

And the Vaunted Jacksonville D gave up 45 points to the Steelers where the Bills could only put up 3.

I’m thinking the Steelers offense may have a slightly better starting line up, at every single position except maybe right guard. 

On 1/17/2018 at 9:57 AM, Jobot said:

Ok, but it had nothing to do with the Bills defensive play or scheme.  Bortles was missing wide open guys that had open field in front of them.  I don't think the Bills D gets a trophy for that.

Like I said, the Bills D played well, but if this same game were to be played 10 times, average score would be Jags winning 20-10.

They lost- so no trophies! 

On ‎1‎/‎17‎/‎2018 at 6:20 AM, matter2003 said:

Its a week to week league. A performance one week does not guarantee the same performance the next week.

Why can't people get this basic concept through their heads? Holding a team to 10 points one week doesn't mean if you played them the next week you would have done it again.

Its simply a 1 game snapshot and doesn't mean much of anything on how the team will perform the following week.

This.. absolutely this.

On the 9th of November the Jets, a 28th ranked offense, hung 34 on us. They must be an elite offense to score on our elite D, judging by how we held the Jags down. Am I doing this right?

5 hours ago, Jobot said:

Yeah.. I'm sure the game plan was to lure Bortles into throwing to WIDE OPEN recievers with no defenders within 15 yards... All in hopes that he would miss them!!!

Well, yeah.  He's inconsistent and they wanted to force him to throw.  And he did poorly.

why do you refuse to understand that?

5 hours ago, Jobot said:

Actually teams do this.

Just like when a defense double teams a receiver all game, forcing the QB to throw elsewhere.

Sometimes, that #2 receiver has a career day and you lose.

The problem with what the Steelers did was they went all in to stop fourt, leaving bortles free reign, and fourt still ran ran over them, and Blake had one of his sporadic "good days"

Oh and they gave them good field position many times.

That too.

8 minutes ago, oldmanfan said:

Well, yeah.  He's inconsistent and they wanted to force him to throw.  And he did poorly.

why do you refuse to understand that?

Mind boggling, right?

On 1/17/2018 at 7:48 AM, WideRightRevenge said:

I think this is the most telling thing of last weekend's games.   The Jags demolished Pittsburgh at Pittsburgh offensively and our D went down to Duval County the week prior (along with a lot of Bills Mafia support) and held the home team to 10 points and Blake Bortles ran more than Fornette who averaged 2.7 yards per carry against us. 

It seems like when the Bills play a sucky QB they are stout against the run. 

I think it speaks to the margins of how effective the secondary is, and when they start getting in over their head. 

On 1/17/2018 at 7:53 AM, bmur66 said:

And the Vaunted Jacksonville D gave up 45 points to the Steelers where the Bills could only put up 3.

Yea so frustrating. They moved the ball too , got first downs, just bad starting field position and inconsistent play killed us. I love that we immediately and aggressively addressed the issue from a scheme perspective though, probably taking NEs next OC, great hire I'm, he has grown alot as an OC.

On 1/17/2018 at 8:16 AM, Jobot said:

Lol so you're saying those were difficult throws that Bortles missed?  The Bills D didn't play bad... but the Jags should easily have put up 20+ pts.

He definitely missed some easy ones but alot of that is attributed to fooling him with our coverages and having Bortles off balance, panicking and ultimately being inaccurate .McD did a fabulous job of disguising coverages all year and we got pressure at a decent rate. We allowed one red zone trip ! And really should have never allowed the first FG before half, terrible play calling on O there. The D has some really nice pieces, that secondary ,as a whole is at least top 3 .

18 hours ago, SouthNYfan said:

Actually teams do this.

Just like when a defense double teams a receiver all game, forcing the QB to throw elsewhere.

Sometimes, that #2 receiver has a career day and you lose.

The problem with what the Steelers did was they went all in to stop fourt, leaving bortles free reign, and fourt still ran ran over them, and Blake had one of his sporadic "good days"

Oh and they gave them good field position many times.

That too.

Mind boggling, right?

So when an opposing team boasts the leagues worst running back we should provide wide-open running lanes and assume he'll just fall down on his own? 

Mind boggling is right!