I hope last weekend finally kills the "you need a Franchise QB to be a contender" nonsense

27 minutes ago, Lfod said:

You know I will show.

When they say you blow. 

I've said it all before.

I'll say it all some more.

Till my throat is sore. 

Till my keyboard doesn't work no more.

Oh can't you see

Oh Tyrod you belong to me

I wear think glasses

But it doesn't matter 5o some yards is fine to me

I will repeat my Tyrod love 

In another 100 threads

All started by me

3 and outs don't prove anything

With every miss step you take

I am home in mom's

Basement watching you

27 minutes ago, Lfod said:

You know I will show.

When they say you blow. 

I've said it all before.

I'll say it all some more.

Till my throat is sore. 

Till my keyboard doesn't work no more.

Oh why can't they see it's because of the OC and next year you likely will be starting. You know my fool heart breaks from every sack you take.

Your killing it, brought a tear to my eye laughing so hard.

Edited by xRUSHx
  • Haha (+1) 1

18 minutes ago, Nihilarian said:

While I get what this thread was started for... I can't help but chime in a bit. 

Big Ben threw for 37 of 58 for 469 yards, 5 TDs, 1 INT and STILL LOST! I hear the spin doctors talking about changing the offensive scheme when clearly it was the Steeler defense that let the team down. 

Bortles OTOH had a near perfect game in which he went 14 of 26 for 214, 1 TD. Very Tyrod like numbers. Although the final score was 45-42 you could see the Jags defense which got the two turnovers were the better defense this day.

Bortles may suck but he seemed to do just enough to win against Buffalo and Pittsburgh. Now, will he have an even more perfect game against the Patriots because he will need to actually compete against Brady in a sense that he will likely need to pass the ball and throw a few TDs with no turnovers again?

So, you're saying that even a mediocre or (your words) suck(y) QB can be good enough to get his team to a conference Championship game, ala Bortles/Foles/Keenum?

Go figure 0:) 

1 hour ago, transplantbillsfan said:

So, you're saying that even a mediocre or (your words) suck(y) QB can be good enough to get his team to a conference Championship game, ala Bortles/Foles/Keenum?

Except Keenum is good... I got flamed by the CoT for suggesting we let Tyrod go and sign him last offseason. I was told I was purposely downgrading the QB position to save a few dollars. Yea, sure. 

Foles did not "get his team to a conference Championship game." Wentz got them most of the way and then the defense held on a 4 down red zone series on Saturday to get them past Atlanta. 

Bortles is a fair point.... he isn't great. I do actually think his 2017 tape is better than Tyrod's though. He has played better this season. 

Rex Grossman made the Superbowl once as well. He still sucked. The Cult is now on life support. The end is nigh. 

• Like (+1) 1

50 minutes ago, transplantbillsfan said:

Go figure 0:) 

Yep!

That is "if" those QBs play a near perfect game and have the ability to actually throw a few TD passes now and again.:lol:

The 2017 Buffalo Bills scored more than 24 points in only two games all season and scored only 3 points in three. That last one was the killer as even Bortles managed a TD against the Buffalo defense. 

In that Jags game Taylor went 17 of 37 for 134 yards, no TDs, 1 INTs, 2 sacks which are numbers far beyond sucky. I was hoping/expecting so much more from TT this season and had he played up to even Bortle's level this team would probably still be alive. Tayor has played himself out of a job IMHO. Then again a new quality OC might help him improve. 

BTW, Keenum finished the season with a 71.3 QBR, Foles in that Falcon game had a 100.1 rating, Taylor a 56.4 QBR. 

7 minutes ago, GunnerBill said:

Except Keenum is good... I got flamed by the CoT for suggesting we let Tyrod go and sign him last offseason. I was told I was purposely downgrading the QB position to save a few dollars. Yea, sure. 

Foles did not "get his team to a conference Championship game." Wentz got them most of the way and then the defense held on a 4 down red zone series on Saturday to get them past Atlanta. 

Bortles is a fair point.... he isn't great. I do actually think his 2017 tape is better than Tyrod's though. He has played better this season. 

Rex Grossman made the Superbowl once as well. He still sucked. The Cult is now on life support. The end is nigh. 

I think the NY Giants are looking at Keenum and seeing what Vikings OC Pat Shurmur was able to do for the guy. That miracle play at the end of the Saints game is something the team has practiced over and over.

Now go back to 2013 when Foles had his career season and look who his OC was...yep, Pat Shurmur. Eagles HC Chip Kelly with his two 10-6 seasons his OC was Pat Shurmur. 

• Like (+1) 1

4 hours ago, transplantbillsfan said:

Glad it was worth your time! Sometimes you just need to get stuff off your chest, I get it. I hope there's some substance in there so someone can glean something from it or, at the very least, I hope you're entertaining!

Keep fighting the good fight, my man! :flirt: 

I'm entertaining? Dude, you're the one who's got people accusing you of wearing Taylor PJs and singing the greatest song about stalking and obsession ever written. It ain't me who's looking pitiful and needy or entertaining here.

Ty, can't you see?

You belong to T?

His poor heart aches

when you blame race.

Every run you make

every early pocket break

every wackjob fan fruitcake

every first read mistake

every open throw you flake,

every drive you brake

the longballs you forsake

Bills fans hearts you deflate, 

still COT's beefcake,

not as good as Blake, but

Transie's watching you.

Edited by Thurman#1
  • Like (+1) 3

Jeesh,

I’ve never seen anyone try so hard to be as deliberately obtuse as you have this year.  Your effort to praise the emperor’s new clothes has been insufferable, and has been a frustrating little blot on what otherwise has been a fun season. 

Please, PLEASE just stop.

52 minutes ago, _Underscore_ said:

Jeesh,

I’ve never seen anyone try so hard to be as deliberately obtuse as you have this year.  Your effort to praise the emperor’s new clothes has been insufferable, and has been a frustrating little blot on what otherwise has been a fun season. 

Please, PLEASE just stop.

Just FYI...on BBMB last season, he created close to 25 threads about Taylor.  I looked it up on the search function because I was curious.  He’s actually toned down the obsession so I’m a little proud of him.  Baby steps.

9 hours ago, transplantbillsfan said:

For months, we've heard...

"You can't win with Tyrod!" 

"Tyrod is one of the worst QBs in the league!"

"The Bills could never be a serious contender with Tyrod!"

But then we made the playoffs for the first time this millennium. And after watching warranted frequent punchline Blake Bortles over the weekend be fortunate enough to be on a team talented enough to beat an all-time great like Ben Roethlisberger, who threw for more than double the yards and 5 times the TDs as Bortles, I really think that stuff can end now. 

If even Blake Bortles is capable of making an AFC Championship and Tyrod made the playoffs when countless people didn't even give him a shot at being a QB leading a team to the playoffs, then perhaps the world won't end if McDermott and Beane decide to keep Taylor for one more year to make a playoff run. :flirt:

PS: This thread is largely tongue in cheek.

Some are about to absolutely flip out. Some will "get it." Truth be told, we're drafting a QB in the 1st, as we should. Taylor might be traded as part of a package to move up. but I think he's more likely a Bill than not. 

But Taylor really is better than Bortles, the King of Garbage Time. 0:) 

Tyrod wasn't better than Bortles in the game they played against each other.  Both had opportunities to win the game inside the 5 yard line.  One did and one didn't.  

That's the problem with Tyrod.  In those moments where it's the most critical few minutes in the game that he plays well - he doesn't.  

14 minutes ago, White Linen said:

Tyrod wasn't better than Bortles in the game they played against each other.  Both had opportunities to win the game inside the 5 yard line.  One did and one didn't.  

That's the problem with Tyrod.  In those moments where it's the most critical few minutes in the game that he plays well - he doesn't.  

I believe that stat is 4-22 when down by one point or more in the 4th quarter.

9 hours ago, transplantbillsfan said:
PS: This thread is largely tongue in cheek.

Some are about to absolutely flip out. Some will "get it." Truth be told, we're drafting a QB in the 1st, as we should. Taylor might be traded as part of a package to move up. but I think he's more likely a Bill than not. 

But Taylor really is better than Bortles, the King of Garbage Time. 0:) 

I guess it really depends on how FA plays out... Everyone involved wants TT Upgraded and another QB to groom

PS: Soon as I saw whom the OP was I knew it was a tongue in cheek post...Just had to find the the statement verifying it

Edited by ddaryl

23 minutes ago, Royale with Cheese said:

I believe that stat is 4-22 when down by one point or more in the 4th quarter.

Wow, where did you get that number?  Reason I ask is I think it's a similar case with Cousins.  

He's a guy that lets you down when it counts.  

I understand that yes you can build a team with great D and that works to a point. If you can build a great D and foundation you have about 5-6 years where you can contend before you have to tear down and start over. If you win the Super Bowl or have even moderate success expect to lose some good to great players/depth because of talent and name brand.  And before you hit your contending period your looking a good 2-3 years to acquire the talent/FAs for this defense plus a QB who can do enough to win. The Jaguars have been building this defense since 2015 when they drafted Dante Fowler.

That has been the formula for teams like the Seahawks, Broncos, Bucs, Ravens etc.. and in the end long term they fell apart for very reasons I said above.

You should always want a franchise QB and that should always be the goal. Franchise QB means that even in leaner years where you do see your top defense fall down you still are a contender and competitive. Until you have that guy you should be always looking to improve at the QB position. Taylor can do enough but we know his warts and even in his best season (2015) teams learned to make him a passer and put a LB spy to make him stay in the pocket. We can do better and we should do more in that regard. Taylor himself deserves a different spot to see if he can be more then what he has been.

In the end though if you are asking would I rather be the Jags in the AFC title or Rams who are home but have potentially a true long term QB I am going with the house money at QB.

Edited by corta765
  • Thank you (+1) 1

Bortles threw for more yards and tds during the season than Taylor for starters and then this happened 

Tyrod sucks, your crusade and feelings suck a little harder.       

I “get it”   Only Bortles beat Taylor and played better all year so it makes zero sense to be honest.   

Edited by Teddy KGB

1 hour ago, Royale with Cheese said:

Just FYI...on BBMB last season, he created close to 25 threads about Taylor.  I looked it up on the search function because I was curious.  He’s actually toned down the obsession so I’m a little proud of him.  Baby steps.

He’s had to because Taylor has been so bad 

Check out his “Taylor didn’t play that bad vs jags work” ????

22 minutes ago, White Linen said:

Wow, where did you get that number?  Reason I ask is I think it's a similar case with Cousins.  

He's a guy that lets you down when it counts.  

I read it somewhere recently.

He's 2-7 in the 4th quarter tied or down by one possession.

Per Nick Veronica of The Buffalo News, Taylor’s record is 2-7 in games when they’ve been tied or within one possession at any point in the fourth quarter. The quarterback has a meager 45.2 percent completion percentage, a quarterback rating of 50.3 and more interceptions (3) than touchdowns (2).

3 minutes ago, Teddy KGB said:

He’s had to because Taylor has been so bad 

Check out his “Taylor didn’t play that bad vs jags work” ????

He told me that McDermott is happy with Taylor leading our offense to just one TD per game.  Even after McDermott said word for word that scoring is a concern in a press conference.