Would 6 rings for NE diminish future SB winners?

18 minutes ago, PetermanThrew5Picks said:

I don't think so unless they change offseason rules.. I don't like that Brady takes a pay cut. Every player should be paid what they are worth. That makes a huge difference

Brady hasnt taken a pay cut. He has made over 100 million over the last 4 years.

33 minutes ago, PetermanThrew5Picks said:

I don't think so unless they change offseason rules.. I don't like that Brady takes a pay cut. Every player should be paid what they are worth. That makes a huge difference

you mean you don't like how he's conning the system 

Kraft pays how much to TB12 for the players to get "treatment"?  

21 hours ago, Jobot said:

Sickeningly Agreed... NE basically sitting with 3-bye weeks are being handed entry into the SB!  THEN possibly to be handed the damn trophy if a Wentz-less Eagles team is able to win a home game!!!  ugh.... Oh yeah ATL also handed them a SB-ring... DAMMIT so did Seattle..... Seriously WTF!!!

we’ll see. There’s a reason they play the games.

7 hours ago, RalphWilson'sNewWar said:

Every generation needs that one nut at the end of the bar mumbling into their beer about how Mohammad Ali was a bum, or Tiger Woods was a loser or Michael Jordan wasn’t that good.

not sure I’m proud it will be fellow bills fans to earn that label of bitter nut preaching about the patriots in 20 years.

Is somebody trying to win an award for shallowest, least relevant topic of 2018 ? You're off to a nine start. ?

Just now, papazoid said:

how many bills fans would be happy with N.E.'s successes and asterisks ??

my guess....about 90%

Oh anyone would be. It's even better if everyone is against you and you get to watch them whine and cry every year. Must be fun.

It'll be over in 10-15 years when Brady retires though.

If someone can stop them this season the damage might be limited. SF got 5 in their run so as long as the "next best thing" comes along and STAYS FREAKING HEALTHY everyone will move on to endlessly fawning over that QB/team and forget about the Patriots, who hopefully by then will be perennial losers again.

I worry about them getting a 6th. It needs to end this Sunday.

I can’t possibly imagine another NFL team will dominate like the Pats ever again, but I felt that dynasties were  finished in the NFL before they showed up

Edited by row_33

On 1/16/2018 at 4:53 PM, TheFunPolice said:

In sports, when 1 team or individual (in a sport like golf or tennis, for example) wins so many titles, does it sort of lessen the future champs? And if the Patriots win 6, does that lessen future SB winners?

In the future, is it always going to be a "yeah but" thing? We can already hear it in fans: we hope Brady and Belichick retire so someone else can win. But are SB winners in a league where you don't have to worry about NE not as impressive? Suddenly all the also-rans can compete for the trophy because the big boys got bored of winning and retired?

5 rings for NE is already pushing it, but the 49ers got 5 rings in their dynasty run (Montana's 4 plus the 1 Young got), so it's happened before. However, 6 rings with two spurts of 3 in 4 years separated by almost 20 years is insane. Will the shadow of Brady and Belichick's accomplishments stand there and say to all future SB winners "look upon my works, ye mighty, and despair?"

Where are all the up and coming stars? To me, it really hurts the league when nobody is up to it and the same team wins all the time. Montana's career ended on the frozen turf in Buffalo in a crushing loss. There was a passing of the torch type moment in that. At the end he was just very good, but no longer what he once was.

IF Brady retires and a different team wins next year will part of the narrative  be that it's because Brady is finally out of the picture? If so, that sucks for that team because it takes away from what they accomplished and it hurts the league's ability to build new stars.

No. But a Super Bowl won by Blake Bortles and Doug Marrone certainly would diminish the value of a Super Bowl title.

• Like (+1) 1

On ‎1‎/‎16‎/‎2018 at 5:05 PM, TheFunPolice said:

Those (aside from the 49ers) were more spread out though. Especially the Steelers.

It drives me nuts that the level of competition is so pathetic. The Titans and Jaguars are all that stood in front of Brady getting to another Super Bowl, where he will be up against Case Keenum or Nick Foles...

In another world he could have faced Smith and Big Ben in the playoffs and Brees in the SB at least. But he is going to get ring #6 playing against backups and journeymen. It sucks.

The competition is so pathetic?  Didn't an absolutely stacked Steelers team lose to Blake Bortles?  Didn't a juggernaut of a Saints team just lose to Case Keenum?  Didn't last year's MVP and NFC champ lose to Nick Foles?

How can you say the competition sucks when these teams are advancing through the playoffs?  Doesn't it indicate that "competition" is better than it has been in years?  Did you not watch last weekend's games?

That's a really bizarre take.

On 1/16/2018 at 5:08 PM, ShadyBillsFan said:

6 is still 6. 

Cheating is still cheating.  

The tuck was a fumble.  

Pete Carroll is an idiot.  

Yes peter carroll was gonna run into the 8 man wall the patriots had on the line. With a rb who was far from successful on getting a yard

On 1/16/2018 at 5:49 PM, OldTimeAFLGuy said:

.......and what if Buffalo went 4-0 versus OH fer 4?.........now what?...............

The fact that Buffalo went to 4 Super Bowls in the Era that they did it in is extremely impressive. The players were ripping each other's heads off and spilling guts out on the field. Those Pats teams would never be able to run this pick and run offense because their WR's and TE's would be getting killed. 

The NFL grew a vagina and the Patriots took advantage of every single rule change that benefited the offense.

I would love to see myth busters do a whole show on the real advantage of letting the air out of footballs.

When you look at Ben Jarvis Greens carries to fumble ratio through his career you see that his fumbles spike in College then are  completely gone with the Patriots then spike again with the Bengals with 5 in two years.

I give the Patriots zero credit and don't acknowledge any of their accomplishments. Way too much shady behavior with everything that they have been caught doing.