Would 6 rings for NE diminish future SB winners?

18 minutes ago, Lfod said:

It's to a point the Patriots diminish thier own SB wins. The Pats win the Superbowl *yawn. I don't think even thier own fans feel special anymore. 

Oh, I am sure they feel special, entitled and believe their Pats can do no wrong, regardless what they do.

1 hour ago, TheFunPolice said:

The Titans and Jaguars are all that stood in front of Brady getting to another Super Bowl, where he will be up against Case Keenum or Nick Foles...

In all fairness, Brady* isn't up against Keenum or Foles any more than Tyrod was up against Cutler.

Brady* WILL go up against a couple defenses that can completely wreck him. Granted, I get your point. But neither Philly nor Minnesota are going to make Brady's* life any easier than, say, New Orleans or even Pittsburgh. In that case, you probably want Keenum, who has proven to take the reins very successfully. Hell, even Philly with Foles was able to mount a number of long, clock-killing drives against a good Atlanta D.

We're all conditioned to take it bunga-bunga style from NE* and their happy camp of team-sponsored refs, but I don't think Brady's* path is as simple as everyone is conditioned to believe.

Edited by LABillzFan
  • Like (+1) 1

I don't think it will diminish other teams winning it.....I just hope we don't see a team that dominates like NE did....( Unless it's the Bills of course...)....12 AFCCG in 17 seasons...it's just plain ridiculous....and it sucks when you are rooting for a team in the same division.....when you know that the division is out of reach in early September....it takes away some joy out of the season....

In the future, is it always going to be a "yeah but" thing? We can already hear it in fans: we hope Brady and Belichick retire so someone else can win. But are SB winners in a league where you don't have to worry about NE not as impressive? Suddenly all the also-rans can compete for the trophy because the big boys got bored of winning and retired?

Yeah butt ...

they cheated and the refs helped them

• Like (+1) 1

Those (aside from the 49ers) were more spread out though. Especially the Steelers.

It drives me nuts that the level of competition is so pathetic. The Titans and Jaguars are all that stood in front of Brady getting to another Super Bowl, where he will be up against Case Keenum or Nick Foles...

In another world he could have faced Smith and Big Ben in the playoffs and Brees in the SB at least. But he is going to get ring #6 playing against backups and journeymen. It sucks.

Jacksonville is a bigger challenge for NE than Pitt....they absolutely own Big Ben and Tomlin....especially in Foxboro....

• Like (+1) 1

2 minutes ago, reddogblitz said:

Yeah butt ...

they cheated and the refs helped them

Spy Gate was real.  

The Tuck was a fumble.  

3 just give it to them wins this season in blown calls.  

Those 3 wins / losses would have made them a road team and not the #1 seed.  

Edited by ShadyBillsFan
  • Like (+1) 1

I dont really get this question to be honest.  Absolutely not, it doesn't in any fashion lessen or cheapen a SB win by any team, not even the Pats.  I dont care what people say about the Pats and the whole cheating claim...to do what they do is still an incredible feat, and they are doing it currently with a QB who has been winning SB's in his late 30's and has a shot at one at 40 now while still being the center of that team.

Any other team wins a SB I promise they don't give 2 sh*ts about who won the year before or how many any other team won.  There are teams in the NFL who have never even played in a Super Bowl, not to mention the ones who have never won one like the Bills.  At no point will the Patriots dynasty run cheapen any other team achieving a SB victory.

And as a hard core Laker fan, I promise you it does NOT get old seeing your team win and it does NOT get less exciting.  When I had my lakers 3 peat with Shaq and Kobe, I enjoyed all 3 the same.  When the Kobe-Gasol teams went to 3 straight, winning 2 in a row after losing the first, I promise you none of them felt diminished or cheap.  There were all a battle and I loved every minute of it.  

Edited by Alphadawg7
  • Like (+1) 2

2 hours ago, TheFunPolice said:

In sports, when 1 team or individual (in a sport like golf or tennis, for example) wins so many titles, does it sort of lessen the future champs? And if the Patriots win 6, does that lessen future SB winners?

In the future, is it always going to be a "yeah but" thing? We can already hear it in fans: we hope Brady and Belichick retire so someone else can win. But are SB winners in a league where you don't have to worry about NE not as impressive? Suddenly all the also-rans can compete for the trophy because the big boys got bored of winning and retired?

5 rings for NE is already pushing it, but the 49ers got 5 rings in their dynasty run (Montana's 4 plus the 1 Young got), so it's happened before. However, 6 rings with two spurts of 3 in 4 years separated by almost 20 years is insane. Will the shadow of Brady and Belichick's accomplishments stand there and say to all future SB winners "look upon my works, ye mighty, and despair?"

Where are all the up and coming stars? To me, it really hurts the league when nobody is up to it and the same team wins all the time. Montana's career ended on the frozen turf in Buffalo in a crushing loss. There was a passing of the torch type moment in that. At the end he was just very good, but no longer what he once was.

IF Brady retires and a different team wins next year will part of the narrative  be that it's because Brady is finally out of the picture? If so, that sucks for that team because it takes away from what they accomplished and it hurts the league's ability to build new stars.

If only Atlanta didn't mess things up last year....

Still salty about that.

I always wonder how arrogant we would be if the Bills had won 5 SBs and basically rule the AFC like NE has....we were great for 5-6 years....we are talking about 17 years here....I'm sure we'd have some over the top fans here and there, but I like to believe most wouldn't be as arrogant....

9 minutes ago, Iron Maiden said:

I always wonder how arrogant we would be if the Bills had won 5 SBs and basically rule the AFC like NE has....we were great for 5-6 years....we are talking about 17 years here....I'm sure we'd have some over the top fans here and there, but I like to believe most wouldn't be as arrogant....

But our team didn’t CHEAT and get every freaki gcall their way since The new owner

• Like (+1) 1