Friendly reminder - Brandon Beane has yet to prove a thing

CanadianFan

The negativism abounds around the Whaley dismissal , the Watkins trade, the Dareus trade, and the TT meltdown. This is undoubtedly a stab of silly frustration to get at  someone in the Bills organization who he feels is vulnerable. i think from the posts , he was mistaken.

4 hours ago, CanadianFan said:

This past season was a great success due to McDermott's ability to pull some rabbits out of the hat. Creating something out of nothing. 

I know everyone's congratulating the coaching and management for the success. But let's reflect on what contributed to that success. What did Beane add to that team?  His biggest free agency signing - was Anquan Boldin. Who contributed ZERO catches to the team's 31st ranked passing offense. 

His biggest trade acquisition was - Kelvin Benjamin. Who provided 16 catches for the 31st ranked passing offense. Essentially, Beane had ZERO POSITIVE IMPACT for 2017. 

Beane will have to prove his worth, and earn some of the accolades he's gotten undeservedly from this past season. As a famous football movie said, "SHOW ME THE MONEY".

I'm waiting.

You seem like a peach to live and work with.   Thanks for the obvious.

4 hours ago, CanadianFan said:

This past season was a great success due to McDermott's ability to pull some rabbits out of the hat. Creating something out of nothing. 

I know everyone's congratulating the coaching and management for the success. But let's reflect on what contributed to that success. What did Beane add to that team?  His biggest free agency signing - was Anquan Boldin. Who contributed ZERO catches to the team's 31st ranked passing offense. 

His biggest trade acquisition was - Kelvin Benjamin. Who provided 16 catches for the 31st ranked passing offense. Essentially, Beane had ZERO POSITIVE IMPACT for 2017. 

Beane will have to prove his worth, and earn some of the accolades he's gotten undeservedly from this past season. As a famous football movie said, "SHOW ME THE MONEY".

I'm waiting.

Take off, hoser.

• Like (+1) 1

11 hours ago, CanadianFan said:

I'm waiting.

He showed you the money by getting rid of selfish players that were more concerned about themselves than the teams win total.

He will likely do more. Im sure if you tried s littel harder at finding something hes done (year acquisitions) you could tone down your rhetoric. Oh and lets not forget that cap drama we were put in by Whaley thst Beane is sloely managing to remedy. But the baby is actually screaming in your face. Ill let you go see that baby.

Edited by Bill_with_it

15 hours ago, CanadianFan said:

I'm waiting.

Nah, he brought in the draft picks too. Cut Dareus. Who was it who brought in EJ Gaines? Oh, yeah, Beane.

I mean, yeah, he wasn't here for the draft, so of course we don't know how things will work out in that facet of his work. But saying "show me the money, I'm waiting" before his first draft doesn't make sense. He hasn't had the slightest chance to do so yet. 

And Kelvin Benjamin looks like a terrific pickup for the future.

I'm waiting.

You realize that Kelvin Benjamin has to get thrown the ball and was hurt pretty much his whole time here right? Also, we had a crap offensive coordinator that has been fired. I think Beane has done fairly well his first year

Edited by Buffalo03

I'm waiting.

If you start a thread .. where is the defense to your stance after 4 pages of response?

Or do you just throw grenades and run?

I'm sorry but the trades of players (who were overpaid and not contributing) and accumulation of picks from 1 Bills Drive occurred under current GM tenure.

I'm late to the party, but I'm sure someone already pointed out that he also traded Watkins, which I was and am in favor of, so I count that as a good thing and positive move for the team. He traded FOR Gaines, their best CB outside of White and to say that's not a good thing, the secondary was a real strength in fact, probably the primary reason even made the playoffs, not to mention the games he played vs. didn't play, the Defense was completely different without him. He also traded Darby - which I'm NOT a fan of and still can't understand that trade no matter how much people try to convince me it was due to scheme - but we did get Jordan Matthews who with a competent QB and without the injury at the end of the season, would have been a solid contributor PLUS another Draft pick, again something this team truly needs to add quality and depth. And you dismiss the Benjamin trade because hindsight is so clear, but remember the Bills were 5-2 at the time and really believed a big (see, "easy") target for Tyrod would help him make some throws he apparently refuses to make unless either King Kong is on the outside or the receiver is so wide open, they could knit a sweater, for a 3rd rounder....so a young, big WR formerly taken in the 1st round just a few years ago, with a ONE year reasonable contract left for a 3rd round pick that could have made a real difference in the passing game had it not been for injury is not considered a good move? Sorry, but hindsight strikes again....at the time it was a legitimate trade to show the Bills were willing to invest in this year without leveraging next year as well since the contract is team friendly for next year and you know, Tyrod....

He also traded Dareus, again, to me a good move since sometimes you get addition by subtraction and it is now apparent the Bills, ala McD and Beane, do NOT want players who aren't committed to the cause and will play like a man on fire....again, count me in on this thinking. 

Beane and his team have a talllllllll order for the 2018 Off-season and a great deal to prove he and his FO staff are making the right moves at the right times, but to say he hasn't done anything, IMHO, is not only a stretch, it's untrue. 

My question is going forward how are we to know who is making the decisions at the draft and during free agency is it McDermott or is it Beane?  Whaley was able to pawn off the blame for all bad decisions on either Buddy Nix, Russ Brandon or Rex. 

6 minutes ago, freester said:

My question is going forward how are we to know who is making the decisions at the draft and during free agency is it McDermott or is it Beane?  Whaley was able to pawn off the blame for all bad decisions on either Buddy Nix, Russ Brandon or Rex. 

Does it matter? 

18 minutes ago, freester said:

Beane said he makes the final call on draft day if one is needed. But it is all a collaborative effort. 

I dont remember Whaley pawning off blame on anyone. 

17 hours ago, CanadianFan said:

I'm waiting.

Worst post of the year? Definitely in the top 5. 

well it depends if you believe the bills were using his board and selected white, zay, dawkins, milano etc.  but he did make a couple nice trades so lets hope we did use his board cause if we can have 5 -7 picks as nfl ready as the first 4 were last year we're on to success

17 hours ago, CanadianFan said:

I'm waiting.

If he wants to endear himself to the masses he needs to...:

Not make all those talent dump trades count for even less by not maximizing the return so needs to:

resign EJ Gaines to a contract with game day roster bonuses to protect from his glass like availability.

find a way to get some value for Jordan Matthews likely departure(comp pick likely only recoup available)

then also:

sign K Benjamin to a multi-yr deal that lowers his cap hit for next yr....and also to prevent scenario they can not afford him if he has mega yr next year if they find a Cousins or other good QB to throw the ball to him.

sign P Brown to team friendly deal as at least good backup(I know very unlikely for leading tackler in NFL so max recoup by not screwing up comp pick)

Find a way to use a proven All Pro LT(Glenn) instead of dumping him for peanuts.

Think long and hard about drafting Rudolph who is a relic of the past with no mobility. He makes Grapppallo and even Cousins look like M Vick. He makes A Rogers look like Fran Tarkenton/D Flutie

Edited by cba fan