Friendly reminder - Brandon Beane has yet to prove a thing

CanadianFan

2 minutes ago, vorpma said:

We are just warming up, the off season is upon us and the posts will get much better!

ain't that the truth.. We haven't begun to see the doozies heading our way

• Haha (+1) 1

33 minutes ago, CanadianFan said:

This past season was a great success due to McDermott's ability to pull some rabbits out of the hat. Creating something out of nothing. 

I know everyone's congratulating the coaching and management for the success. But let's reflect on what contributed to that success. What did Beane add to that team?  His biggest free agency signing - was Anquan Boldin. Who contributed ZERO catches to the team's 31st ranked passing offense. 

His biggest trade acquisition was - Kelvin Benjamin. Who provided 16 catches for the 31st ranked passing offense. Essentially, Beane had ZERO POSITIVE IMPACT for 2017. 

Beane will have to prove his worth, and earn some of the accolades he's gotten undeservedly from this past season. As a famous football movie said, "SHOW ME THE MONEY".

I'm waiting.

hate-to-be-a-debbie-downer-but-thought-y

Thanks for pointing this out. I'd have never known.

Thanks. Would you like to pee in my corn flakes as well? I think I see a kid with some candy you could steal. Not seeing why this thought merited it's own thread beyond just saying "hey everyone, here's some negativity I'm going to disguise as "being objective."

Counterpoint - He has NOT proven a failure 

Unknown.jpeg

Edited by ndirish1978

17 minutes ago, BrotherChazz said:

Anquan Boldin was a bigger signing than Micah Hyde or Jordan Poyer? Maybe in name only. Don't mention any of his trades with positive results, like EJ, or the fact that we are set up in the draft. 

Nobody is declaring him the Best GM ever. But compared to what we've had recently....yeah, I'd take Beane over Donahoe. 

This. I have nothing more to say about this thread. Thank you and have a pleasant day.

I happen to love the Kelvin Benjamin signing as this team hasn't had a big, tall red zone WR target in forever.  At 6'5 243 the guy is a monster for DB's to cover and this should become more evident once he has a legit NFL QB throwing to him. This was a huge move that would have really proved itself had Tyrod thrown to him more often. 

Beane attempted to get Taylor more help and the guy gave up when he thought the team was going to tank by trading away so much talent. I think I'll wait and see how this offseason goes before I start judging.

28 minutes ago, Sig1Hunter said:

What is the point of this thread? I'm confused. 

It’s for all of us who were about to submit our HOF votes, I think....but I’m not really sure. 

Was he supposed to jump off an RV onto a burning table already? He’s done his job. I like the Benjamin acquisition and a few other things, but I really don’t get why this was started.