Bucky Brooks: Eleven Teams That Need to Draft a QB

13 hours ago, njbuff said:

I am telling you folks, the Bills and Giants could do business.

If the Bills fall hard for Darnold during the draft process, watch out.

You think?  I don't know.  I know there are relationships there between Beane and Gettleman...  And the Giants need offensive line help too.

Maybe something like 21, 22, Cordy G., and a 2019 2nd.

If they do trade up, I get it.  But I would rather use all of those picks to build the team.  I hope a couple of these QBs fall.

• Like (+1) 1

On 1/16/2018 at 3:37 PM, LeGOATski said:

Lord of the Pig Skin, hear our prayers.

Send us a Savior, that he shall sacrifice his blood on the field and deliver us from the Evil Emperor.

Lead us not into overreaching and provide us this day our Champion.

For thine is the gridiron, the dynasty, and the New Era forever.

Amen.

- Sean 4:26-28

I think it should be Sean 1:21-22.  ;)

On 1/16/2018 at 4:50 PM, /dev/null said:

Our Franchise QB who art in The Draft
Rosen/Darnold/Jackson/Mayfield/Rudolph be thy name
Thy Franchise come
Thy pick be done
In Dallas as it is in New York

Give us this year our Franchise QB
And forgive us our first round busts
As we forgive those failed free agents
And lead us not into mediocrity
But deliver us from the Patriots*

Yes But No Jackson Please.

18 hours ago, /dev/null said:

300 passing yards in a game be with you

And also with you.

ORCHARD PARK – After speaking mainly in generalities with reporters last week at One Bills Drive, general manager Brandon Beane saved his best line for an appearance on the Bills’ flagship radio station, WGR 550-AM in Buffalo.

Beane was asked how many of the college quarterbacks he had personally seen this past year, and he delivered the money quote that will fuel the next three months leading up to the NFL Draft.

“All of the ones that matter,” Beane said. And by “all of the ones that matter” he was referring to the quarterbacks who are projected to be first-round picks – USC’s Sam Darnold, UCLA’s Josh Rosen, Oklahoma’s Baker Mayfield, and Wyoming’s Josh Allen.

The obvious takeaway for me was that the Bills will try their absolute hardest to pick a quarterback in the first round, and if they don’t, the past nine months has been one the great draft smokescreens of our time.

ESPN: Who's going to draft a QB in April? Rating all 32 NFL teams' chances
The 2018 NFL draft class is rich with potential quarterback talent. Which teams will go for the top-tier guys in Round 1? Which will hold out for a Day 3 prospect? Are there any teams that won't be in the market for a young arm?

NFL Nation reporters rated every team's likelihood of drafting a quarterback based on the following scale:

4: Very likely in Rounds 1-3

3: Likely, but on Day 3

2: 50-50 chance

1: Not likely

Here's their analysis for all 32 teams.

4: Very likely in the first three rounds

buf.png?w=110&h=110&transparent=true

Buffalo Bills

The Bills have eight selections in the first five rounds of April's draft, giving general manager Brandon Beane a bounty of picks to potentially move up the board from the Bills' current first-round picks at Nos. 21 and 22. Beane said he has personally watched all of the quarterbacks that could potentially be selected in the first round, and any of them could be in play for Buffalo in this draft. The Bills have Tyrod Taylor under contract through next season at $18 million, but Beane has avoided calling Taylor a franchise quarterback. They could save most of Taylor's cap hit by trading or releasing him before a $6 million roster bonus is due in March. Buffalo also has 2017 fifth-round pick Nathan Peterman, but he is more of a developmental player than someone who will stand in Buffalo's way of drafting a high-level prospect this spring. -- Mike Rodak

• 2 weeks later...

Buffalo Bills

It doesn’t look like Tyrod Taylor is in the Bills’ long-term plans, and the early glimpse we got of rookie fifth-rounder Nate Peterman was excruciating. The Bills have multiple picks in each of the first two rounds this year, which makes them a prime candidate to make a significant jump up the board to land the quarterback of their choice. Similar to the move they struck with the Kansas City Chiefs last year (who moved up for Patrick Mahomes), don’t be shocked if the Bills go get their man with the treasure trove of early picks they currently own.

The rest of the list from Easterling is as follows:

Cleveland Browns
New York Giants
Denver Broncos
New York Jets
Miami Dolphins
Cincinnati Bengals
Washington Redskins
Arizona Cardinals
Los Angeles Chargers
New Orleans Saints
Jacksonville Jaguars
Pittsburgh Steelers
New England Patriots

On ‎1‎/‎18‎/‎2018 at 1:28 AM, purple haze said:

You think?  I don't know.  I know there are relationships there between Beane and Gettleman...  And the Giants need offensive line help too.

Maybe something like 21, 22, Cordy G., and a 2019 2nd.

If they do trade up, I get it.  But I would rather use all of those picks to build the team.  I hope a couple of these QBs fall.

I'd be ok with that.

If we have to bite the bullet, this is the year.