Bucky Brooks: Eleven Teams That Need to Draft a QB

Buffalo Bills

QBs signed through 2018: Nathan Peterman, Tyrod Taylor 
First-round position: Nos. 21 and 22
Analysis: Despite making the playoffs for the first time in 17 seasons behind Tyrod Taylor, the Bills are expected to look for an upgrade this offseason. While some expect the team to make a play at a veteran during free agency, the team could find their franchise QB of the future on draft day with a pair of first-round picks that could be packaged to make a move up the charts to get into top-quarterback-prospect range. If GM Brandon Beane and head coach Sean McDermott can find their guy during the pre-draft process, the Bills could be active players on draft weekend.

Lord of the Pig Skin, hear our prayers.

Send us a Savior, that he shall sacrifice his blood on the field and deliver us from the Evil Emperor.

Lead us not into overreaching and provide us this day our Champion.

For thine is the gridiron, the dynasty, and the New Era forever.

Amen.

- Sean 4:26-28

• Like (+1) 6
  • Haha (+1) 9
  • Thank you (+1) 1

I find it fascinating that the graphic shows the Steelers, Vikings, Jaguars, and Bills...all playoff teams, and the Chargers, who we all know could have been in the playoffs.  Then, toss in the Browns and Jets who have both drafted multiple quarterbacks in recent memory...and you have a mess!

10 minutes ago, SoCal Deek said:

I find it fascinating that the graphic shows the Steelers, Vikings, Jaguars, and Bills...all playoff teams, and the Chargers, who we all know could have been in the playoffs.  Then, toss in the Browns and Jets who have both drafted multiple quarterbacks in recent memory...and you have a mess!

So now the Vikings need to draft a QB? I thought they had too many.

• Like (+1) 1

Six of those teams may be in the market for a QB in the draft, but I wouldn't bet right now that it will be early.  Minnesota is likely going to pick one of the three guys they already have, possibly two.  Given what Bortles has done in the playoffs, I don't see the Jags drafting one early.  Unless Roethlisberger retires or says next year is his last, the Steelers will not show urgency at the postion.  Same with the Chargers and Giants.  As for the Redskins, they have little choice but to sign or tag Cousins.  They have the money to do it, so again, drafting a QB high is stupid.  That leaves Cleveland, the Jets, Arizona and Buffalo as being highly likely to be looking for one early.  Denver, I'm not sure about yet.  All of this STILL doesn't address the other guys that will hit free agency or possibly be traded to fill a role.  Pretty crappy article that's not thought out all that well.

1 minute ago, buffaloboyinATL said:

Gotcha, I just assumed they would be locking one of them up. Frankly, I don't know how you let Keenum go after the season he had.

Seems likely. Both Bradford and Bridgewater would play elsewhere if that's the case IMO as both are capable of starting in the league.  That still leaves MIN in need of a QB and that's why they make this list. 

• Like (+1) 1

1 hour ago, LeGOATski said:

Send us a Savior, that he shall sacrifice his blood on the field and deliver us from the Evil Emperor.

Amen.

i'm eating bread and chugging a bunch of red wine to help this along.

• Like (+1) 2
  • Haha (+1) 1

1 hour ago, LeGOATski said:

Amen.

Our Franchise QB who art in The Draft
Rosen/Darnold/Jackson/Mayfield/Rudolph be thy name
Thy Franchise come
Thy pick be done
In Dallas as it is in New York

Give us this year our Franchise QB
And forgive us our first round busts
As we forgive those failed free agents
And lead us not into mediocrity
But deliver us from the Patriots*

• Like (+1) 4
  • Haha (+1) 1

2 hours ago, buffaloboyinATL said:

Gotcha, I just assumed they would be locking one of them up. Frankly, I don't know how you let Keenum go after the season he had.

They should look at Fitz's big contract with the Bills and tread lightly on Keemun.  Odds are he turns back into a pumpkin at midnight.

4 hours ago, 26CornerBlitz said:

Seems likely. Both Bradford and Bridgewater would play elsewhere if that's the case IMO as both are capable of starting in the league.  That still leaves MIN in need of a QB and that's why they make this list. 

I would absolutely take Bridgewater and draft a QB as well. The off-season would be successful if this happens.

10 hours ago, purple haze said:

They should look at Fitz's big contract with the Bills and tread lightly on Keemun.  Odds are he turns back into a pumpkin at midnight.

Pat Shurmur is the real QB  whisperer for Keenum and Foles (2013) , Giants will up there game now.

Shurmur’s unique ability to develop young talent at the quarterback position was once again on display in 2013. Second-year QB Nick Foles enjoyed a breakout season under the direction of Shurmur, throwing for 27 touchdowns and only two interceptions while posting the third-best QB rating (119.2) and third-lowest interception percentage (0.63%) in NFL history. 

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Pat_Shurmur

Edited by ALF

12 hours ago, /dev/null said:

Our Franchise QB who art in The Draft
Rosen/Darnold/Jackson/Mayfield/Rudolph be thy name
Thy Franchise come
Thy pick be done
In Dallas as it is in New York

Give us this year our Franchise QB
And forgive us our first round busts
As we forgive those failed free agents
And lead us not into mediocrity
But deliver us from the Patriots*

For thine is the pocket

and the downfield pass

and the touchdown forever amen

• Like (+1) 1

13 hours ago, Herb62 said:

I had heard before his senor year Peterman needed surgery but didn't do it because his coach talked him out of it.  Does anyone know if he still needs the surgery? 

Yes, there is a need to amputate and completely replace his right arm. They're looking for a donor.

Edited by CSBill