Jump to content
Sign in to follow this  
26CornerBlitz

Bucky Brooks: Eleven Teams That Need to Draft a QB

Recommended Posts

Buffalo Bills

QBs signed through 2018: Nathan Peterman, Tyrod Taylor 
First-round position: Nos. 21 and 22
Analysis: Despite making the playoffs for the first time in 17 seasons behind Tyrod Taylor, the Bills are expected to look for an upgrade this offseason. While some expect the team to make a play at a veteran during free agency, the team could find their franchise QB of the future on draft day with a pair of first-round picks that could be packaged to make a move up the charts to get into top-quarterback-prospect range. If GM Brandon Beane and head coach Sean McDermott can find their guy during the pre-draft process, the Bills could be active players on draft weekend.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Lord of the Pig Skin, hear our prayers.

 

Send us a Savior, that he shall sacrifice his blood on the field and deliver us from the Evil Emperor.

 

Lead us not into overreaching and provide us this day our Champion.

 

For thine is the gridiron, the dynasty, and the New Era forever.

 

Amen.

 

 - Sean 4:26-28

  • Like 6
  • Haha 9
  • Thanks 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I find it fascinating that the graphic shows the Steelers, Vikings, Jaguars, and Bills...all playoff teams, and the Chargers, who we all know could have been in the playoffs.  Then, toss in the Browns and Jets who have both drafted multiple quarterbacks in recent memory...and you have a mess!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
10 minutes ago, SoCal Deek said:

I find it fascinating that the graphic shows the Steelers, Vikings, Jaguars, and Bills...all playoff teams, and the Chargers, who we all know could have been in the playoffs.  Then, toss in the Browns and Jets who have both drafted multiple quarterbacks in recent memory...and you have a mess!

So now the Vikings need to draft a QB? I thought they had too many.

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Six of those teams may be in the market for a QB in the draft, but I wouldn't bet right now that it will be early.  Minnesota is likely going to pick one of the three guys they already have, possibly two.  Given what Bortles has done in the playoffs, I don't see the Jags drafting one early.  Unless Roethlisberger retires or says next year is his last, the Steelers will not show urgency at the postion.  Same with the Chargers and Giants.  As for the Redskins, they have little choice but to sign or tag Cousins.  They have the money to do it, so again, drafting a QB high is stupid.  That leaves Cleveland, the Jets, Arizona and Buffalo as being highly likely to be looking for one early.  Denver, I'm not sure about yet.  All of this STILL doesn't address the other guys that will hit free agency or possibly be traded to fill a role.  Pretty crappy article that's not thought out all that well.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
7 minutes ago, buffaloboyinATL said:

So now the Vikings need to draft a QB? I thought they had too many.

 

All three are slated for UFA.

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 minutes ago, 26CornerBlitz said:

 

All three are slated for UFA.

Gotcha, I just assumed they would be locking one of them up. Frankly, I don't know how you let Keenum go after the season he had.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, buffaloboyinATL said:

Gotcha, I just assumed they would be locking one of them up. Frankly, I don't know how you let Keenum go after the season he had.

 

Seems likely. Both Bradford and Bridgewater would play elsewhere if that's the case IMO as both are capable of starting in the league.  That still leaves MIN in need of a QB and that's why they make this list. 

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, LeGOATski said:

Lord of the Pig Skin, hear our prayers.

 

Send us a Savior, that he shall sacrifice his blood on the field and deliver us from the Evil Emperor.

 

Lead us not into overreaching and provide us this day our Champion.

 

For thine is the gridiron, the dynasty, and the New Era forever.

 

Amen.

 

 - Sean 4:26-28

i'm eating bread and chugging a bunch of red wine to help this along.

  • Like 2
  • Haha 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, LeGOATski said:

Lord of the Pig Skin, hear our prayers.

 

Send us a Savior, that he shall sacrifice his blood on the field and deliver us from the Evil Emperor.

 

Lead us not into overreaching and provide us this day our Champion.

 

For thine is the gridiron, the dynasty, and the New Era forever.

 

Amen.

 

 - Sean 4:26-28

 

Our Franchise QB who art in The Draft
Rosen/Darnold/Jackson/Mayfield/Rudolph be thy name
Thy Franchise come
Thy pick be done
In Dallas as it is in New York

 

Give us this year our Franchise QB
And forgive us our first round busts
As we forgive those failed free agents
And lead us not into mediocrity
But deliver us from the Patriots*

  • Like 4
  • Haha 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I had heard before his senor year Peterman needed surgery but didn't do it because his coach talked him out of it.  Does anyone know if he still needs the surgery? 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, buffaloboyinATL said:

Gotcha, I just assumed they would be locking one of them up. Frankly, I don't know how you let Keenum go after the season he had.

They should look at Fitz's big contract with the Bills and tread lightly on Keemun.  Odds are he turns back into a pumpkin at midnight.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4 hours ago, 26CornerBlitz said:

 

Seems likely. Both Bradford and Bridgewater would play elsewhere if that's the case IMO as both are capable of starting in the league.  That still leaves MIN in need of a QB and that's why they make this list. 

I would absolutely take Bridgewater and draft a QB as well. The off-season would be successful if this happens.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
10 hours ago, purple haze said:

They should look at Fitz's big contract with the Bills and tread lightly on Keemun.  Odds are he turns back into a pumpkin at midnight.

 

Pat Shurmur is the real QB  whisperer for Keenum and Foles (2013) , Giants will up there game now.

 

Shurmur’s unique ability to develop young talent at the quarterback position was once again on display in 2013. Second-year QB Nick Foles enjoyed a breakout season under the direction of Shurmur, throwing for 27 touchdowns and only two interceptions while posting the third-best QB rating (119.2) and third-lowest interception percentage (0.63%) in NFL history. 

 

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Pat_Shurmur

Edited by ALF

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
12 hours ago, /dev/null said:

 

Our Franchise QB who art in The Draft
Rosen/Darnold/Jackson/Mayfield/Rudolph be thy name
Thy Franchise come
Thy pick be done
In Dallas as it is in New York

 

Give us this year our Franchise QB
And forgive us our first round busts
As we forgive those failed free agents
And lead us not into mediocrity
But deliver us from the Patriots*

 

For thine is the pocket

and the downfield pass

and the touchdown forever amen

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, joesixpack said:

 

For thine is the pocket

and the downfield pass

and the touchdown forever amen

300 passing yards in a game be with you

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
13 hours ago, Herb62 said:

I had heard before his senor year Peterman needed surgery but didn't do it because his coach talked him out of it.  Does anyone know if he still needs the surgery? 

 

 

Yes, there is a need to amputate and completely replace his right arm. They're looking for a donor.

Edited by CSBill

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
16 hours ago, teef said:

i'm eating bread and chugging a bunch of red wine to help this along.

Bless you, my fan. Lombardi bless you.

May Landry's face shine upon you and be gracious to you.

 

Amen.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
7 minutes ago, LeGOATski said:

Bless you, my fan. Lombardi bless you.

i grew up catholic, so i know how these things go down.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I am telling you folks, the Bills and Giants could do business.

 

If the Bills fall hard for Darnold during the draft process, watch out.

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
13 hours ago, njbuff said:

I am telling you folks, the Bills and Giants could do business.

 

If the Bills fall hard for Darnold during the draft process, watch out.

You think?  I don't know.  I know there are relationships there between Beane and Gettleman...  And the Giants need offensive line help too.

 

Maybe something like 21, 22, Cordy G., and a 2019 2nd.

 

If they do trade up, I get it.  But I would rather use all of those picks to build the team.  I hope a couple of these QBs fall.

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 1/16/2018 at 3:37 PM, LeGOATski said:

Lord of the Pig Skin, hear our prayers.

 

Send us a Savior, that he shall sacrifice his blood on the field and deliver us from the Evil Emperor.

 

Lead us not into overreaching and provide us this day our Champion.

 

For thine is the gridiron, the dynasty, and the New Era forever.

 

Amen.

 

 - Sean 4:26-28

 

I think it should be Sean 1:21-22.  ;)

 

 

On 1/16/2018 at 4:50 PM, /dev/null said:

 

Our Franchise QB who art in The Draft
Rosen/Darnold/Jackson/Mayfield/Rudolph be thy name
Thy Franchise come
Thy pick be done
In Dallas as it is in New York

 

Give us this year our Franchise QB
And forgive us our first round busts
As we forgive those failed free agents
And lead us not into mediocrity
But deliver us from the Patriots*

 

Yes But No Jackson Please.

 

 

18 hours ago, /dev/null said:

300 passing yards in a game be with you

 

And also with you.

 

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Buffalo Barbarian said:

 

I think it should be Sean 1:21-22.  ;)

 

 

You must be mistaken. Sean 4:26-28 is from the New King Terry version.

 

Study the Word, my brother, for Lucikraft's demons cannot stand against it.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Sign in to follow this  

×