Eagles' Fan Arrested After Going "Mongo"

5 minutes ago, Johnny Hammersticks said:

Funny...this is what popped into my head when I saw the thread title.  Hector, Worth-Worth, and Mongo.  What show was that from??  Was it a Garfield spin off?  

The Catillac Cats

From Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

Jump to: navigation, search
220px-WordsworthCat.jpg

Wordsworth

The Catillac Cats (also called Cats & Company) is the name of an animated series made in 1984 by DiC. The Catillac Cats formed the second half of each episode of the animated series Heathcliff.[1] Most episodes revolved around Riff-Raff's get-rich-quick schemes or searches for food.

• Like (+1) 2

Guest K-GunJimKelly12
55 minutes ago, JÂy RÛßeÒ said:

Wow, you just became my favorite poster.  Not only Rush, but one of their great underappreciated 80's albums.  When you listen to the lyrics, these guys were 30 years ahead of their time.

2 hours ago, K-GunJimKelly12 said:

Wow, you just became my favorite poster.  Not only Rush, but one of their great underappreciated 80's albums.  When you listen to the lyrics, these guys were 30 years ahead of their time.

They were singing about iPhones?

15 hours ago, K-GunJimKelly12 said:

Lyrically, everything Peart wrote was gold.  But this album .... you can count me in the "don't dig it," crowd.

41 minutes ago, Gugny said:

Lyrically, everything Peart wrote was gold.  But this album .... you can count me in the "don't dig it," crowd.

Presto is slightly above Caress of Steel at the bottom of my ratings of Rush albums, but there are a couple of gems on it.

3 minutes ago, JÂy RÛßeÒ said:

Presto is slightly above Caress of Steel at the bottom of my ratings of Rush albums, but there are a couple of gems on it.

Oh, man, I love Caress of Steel.  Would love to know why you don't like it.

Didn't Rush leave all of Presto and Hold Your Fire tunes out of the R: 40 setlists?  I could easily be wrong about that.

Just now, Gugny said:

Oh, man, I love Caress of Steel.  Would love to know why you don't like it.

Didn't Rush leave all of Presto and Hold Your Fire tunes out of the R: 40 setlists?  I could easily be wrong about that.

Yeah they did.

As a young Rush fan I never got into CoS.  I bought the CD a few years ago just to have the complete catalog and actually did listen a few times.  I didn't dislike it as much as I did back then, but still not what you'd call a fan.

Just now, JÂy RÛßeÒ said:

Yeah they did.

As a young Rush fan I never got into CoS.  I bought the CD a few years ago just to have the complete catalog and actually did listen a few times.  I didn't dislike it as much as I did back then, but still not what you'd call a fan.

Rush evolved so much over the years; it makes it interesting to speak with different Rush fans about their different eras.  A friend of mine loves it all (he's a bass player) from early to late.  I'm pretty strictly an early Rush fan.  Moving Pictures, to me, was their last great album.  I consider Power Windows to be a good album.  Everything after that, I never cared for.

That's not to say it's bad stuff.  It's just not my Rush preference.  I've heard most of the albums and liked some of the tunes.  I just prefer the albums up to, and including, Moving Pictures, the best.

Wow. Low hanging fruit much PFT. That rag is now more of a joke than Bleacher Report between lazy soundbites and Florio playing Brady's skinflute.

Look, I've lived in the Philly area for over 5 years now. In my experience, their fans in no way live down to the negative stereotypes that get blasted around. Yes, there are idiots. But we have plenty of those too.