Your favorite college team: Draft/Don’t draft

YoloinOhio

Go Gators!

Yes:

Taven Bryan - Versatile, 3 down lineman. Can play on the outside or inside. Would be a huge addition to a desolate front 4. Also from Wyoming, before I hear any "he couldn't handle the weather" comments.

No:

Antonio Callaway. Basically a very gifted deep threat with the brain the size of a peanut. Very close to being a felon. Damn shame and waste of talent. 

1 hour ago, Luka said:

Go Gators!

Yes:

Taven Bryan - Versatile, 3 down lineman. Can play on the outside or inside. Would be a huge addition to a desolate front 4. Also from Wyoming, before I hear any "he couldn't handle the weather" comments.

No:

Antonio Callaway. Basically a very gifted deep threat with the brain the size of a peanut. Very close to being a felon. Damn shame and waste of talent. 

Is Callaway eligible for the draft? I knew he was a big time talent going into the season and then got suspended, I lost track of him 

2 minutes ago, YoloinOhio said:

Is Callaway eligible for the draft? I knew he was a big time talent going into the season and then got suspended, I lost track of him 

Yea he's hired an agent but I can't see anyone drafting him. He MIGHT be someone you give a chance in free agency. But character his a gigantic issue when you and some teammates get arrested for credit card fraud.

Notre Dame

Draft Mike McGlinchey (LT), Quenton Nelson (OG), Josh Adams (RB), Equanimeous St. Brown (WR)

Do not draft Niles Morgan (MLB). For as talented as Morgan seemed at times he just doesn't have the instincts and tended to disappear on the field. 

Ohio State:

Draft: Marcus Baugh (TE) - late round value pick. Not utilized a lot but showed a lot of ability when targeted and  like many  other pass catchers who have played here in the recent past, will be better at the next level. Numbers will keep him from being drafted high. 

don’t draft: Jerome Baker (OLB) - will be a combine freak - beware. Just not a good linebacker.

Edited by YoloinOhio

Ohio State

Draft: Billy Price (c/og): RD 2 if he is there. He will start on the interior of an OL for a decade. He could take that RG spot yesterday and can move to C when Wood moves along or LG when Richie does. I don’t think that he will make it to your spot in round 2 but that’s an easy one for me.

Don’t Draft: Tyquan Lewis (DE): He took a bit of a step back this year and that is probably a result of the talent of the other guys on the DL. He’s an okay player but I’m not sure that he adds to that pass rush as much as other prospects in that range may. I am not sure how much is him and how much is from playing opposite Hubbard/Bosa.

Edited by Kirby Jackson

2 hours ago, H2o said:

Notre Dame

Draft Mike McGlinchey (LT), Quenton Nelson (OG), Josh Adams (RB), Equanimeous St. Brown (WR)

Do not draft Niles Morgan (MLB). For as talented as Morgan seemed at times he just doesn't have the instincts and tended to disappear on the field. 

Same.  Nelson is can't miss prospect of that group.  I'd be ecstatic if the Bills ended up with him.

• Like (+1) 2

56 minutes ago, Kirby Jackson said:

Ohio State

Draft: Billy Price (c/og): RD 2 if he is there. He will start on the interior of an OL for a decade. He could take that RG spot yesterday and can move to C when Wood moves along or LG when Richie does. I don’t think that he will make it to your spot in round 2 but that’s an easy one for me.

Don’t Draft: Tyquan Lewis (DE): He took a bit of a step back this year and that is probably a result of the talent of the other guys on the DL. He’s an okay player but I’m not sure that he adds to that pass rush as much as other prospects in that range may. I am not sure how much is him and how much is from playing opposite Hubbard/Bosa.

Price is 100% “Process.” A McBean dream. Would have used him too but think he goes higher than we can take a OL. If he’s there in the 2nd would be amazing. 

1 minute ago, YoloinOhio said:

Price is 100% “Process.” A McBean dream. Would have used him too but think he goes higher than we can take a OL. If he’s there in the 2nd would be amazing. 

Price was easy for me. I had a harder time on the don’t. I don’t love Baker but I like him more than you do (especially with the need for athleticism at LB). I went with Lewis, not because I think he is bad necessarily, but not sure that he is much better than “a guy” as a pass rusher. 

UGA

Yes-

Roquan Smith- Mc Dermott gets his MLB to make his Defense run like he needs it too.

Trenton Thompson would be a nice interior lineman late in the draft 3-5 rd.

No-

Nick Chubb- I don’t think his game will translate great into the NFL. Alabama showed his deficiencies.  

While Chubb could take the place of Tolbert I don’t think he is worth a pick. 

42 minutes ago, the skycap said:

Yolo/Kirby, tell me about Chris Worley

Converted safety. Has good coverage skills. Was playing out of position at mlb first half of the season... not a good result there. They moved him back to olb where he was last year for the last quarter of the season and he was much better. He’s actually more athletic than Raekwon McMillan (2nd rd pick of Dolphins in 2016) who he replaced in the middle this year, it just didn’t work out with him there and when he was in the middle none of the LBs knew what they were doing. The new LB coach may have been a factor there. Good kid character wise, from Cleveland. 

Edited by YoloinOhio

1 hour ago, atlbillsfan1975 said:

UGA

Yes-

Roquan Smith- Mc Dermott gets his MLB to make his Defense run like he needs it too.

Trenton Thompson would be a nice interior lineman late in the draft 3-5 rd.

No-

Nick Chubb- I don’t think his game will translate great into the NFL. Alabama showed his deficiencies.  

While Chubb could take the place of Tolbert I don’t think he is worth a pick. 

:thumbsup: would rather have Sony Michel

• Like (+1) 1

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a very specific reason to revive this one.