Your favorite college team: Draft/Don’t draft

YoloinOhio

34 minutes ago, Bill from NYC said:

If you watch the Senior Bowl, you might want to take a look at Da'Shaun Hand. He played DE at Bama but he interests me as a 4-3 DT. He's 6'4'/290 and fast. He was a 5 star recruit but didn't see all that much playing time. But, he is as strong as an ox and very fast. He might last until Round 3 or 4. It's hard to say.

I'm swooning over Stanford's Harrison Phillips. I can handle only one infatuation at a position at a time. :wub:

The addition of Dabol to the coaching staff should give the organization some good insights into some of the hidden gems at Bama. 

3 hours ago, Bill from NYC said:

Somewhere around Round 4, but I want to see what he does with the 225 at the combines. Imo, the bench numbers tend to be meaningful for offensive linemen (although it didn't help Mike Williams ;) )

Bill, I'm not enamored with the bench numbers. More interested on the feet and use of leverage. Strength can be added through training. You either have the feet nimbleness or not. If you are sluggish and lumbering you are not going to make it as an offensive lineman in the NFL.

LSU

Do Draft

Derrius Guice - He’s a different type of back, but he’s every bit as good as Fournette. He doesn’t have the size and break away speed that Fournette does, but he runs angry and will not hesitate to run a defender over. Also a legit receiver out of the backfield.

DJ Chark - legit deep threat that the Bills could utilize.

Russell Gage - An excellent playmaker that will be someone’s 3rd or 4th receiver for years.

Will Clapp - Will be a solid guard in the league

Don’t Draft

Arden Key - Questional work ethic. Undersized. When LSU tried to add size to his frame, he wasn’t the same player by far. His best chance is to be an edge rusher from the OLB position.

Donte Jackson - Fastest man in college football, but gets beat often. Doesn’t have much to work with besides world class speed.

Other names who I believe will be on someone’s depth chart for years.

DL - Christian LaCouture

DL - Greg Gilmore

DB - Kevin Toliver

Edited by CajunBillsBacker

2 hours ago, CajunBillsBacker said:

LSU

Do Draft

Derrius Guice - He’s a different type of back, but he’s every bit as good as Fournette. He doesn’t have the size and break away speed that Fournette does, but he runs angry and will not hesitate to run a defender over. Also a legit receiver out of the backfield.

DJ Chark - legit deep threat that the Bills could utilize.

Russell Gage - An excellent playmaker that will be someone’s 3rd or 4th receiver for years.

Will Clapp - Will be a solid guard in the league

Don’t Draft

Arden Key - Questional work ethic. Undersized. When LSU tried to add size to his frame, he wasn’t the same player by far. His best chance is to be an edge rusher from the OLB position.

Donte Jackson - Fastest man in college football, but gets beat often. Doesn’t have much to work with besides world class speed.

Other names who I believe will be on someone’s depth chart for years.

DL - Christian LaCouture

DL - Greg Gilmore

DB - Kevin Toliver

Love your first two! Agree with fit for Bills. Not sure we will have a chance at Guice but he’s sick (like his Twitter handle).

ive heard similar rumblings about Arden Key. 

Met my wife 21 yrs ago at U of Oregon where she ran track and we still live in Eugene part of the year. It has been a couple of down years for the football team but I think Royce Freeman and Tyrell Crosby will both have good NFL careers. Freeman would be a great complement to Shady imo.

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a very specific reason to revive this one.