Bills getting some offseason love from ESPN.

Stank_Nasty

2 hours ago, NewEra said:

Or was it that the posters thought we’d be better off with a QB playing QB as opposed to a RB playing QB?  More likely.  The unknown entity is sometimes more appreciated than the known entity when the known entity is known to suck.

I'd agree if we got a QB not a jugs machine for opposing backs to practice with.

• Haha (+1) 1

3 hours ago, corta765 said:

The team and org deserves a lot of credit for the moves they made and the past season. IF...IF...IF (big emphasis here on IF) they can have another good draft/FA period while adding a quality QB the future will be extremely bright long term.

IMO this FO is going to get a lot of judgement based on how Dareus plays the next few years, what they do with Jordan Matthews, and this upcoming draft. 

I believe Poyer and Hyde were Whaley signings. 

If Dareus is lights out next season, it is going to hurt. 

No Beane last draft, but I do give McDermott quite a bit of credit for this draft. However we have an ENTIRELY NEW FO since draft day. We traded away some talent this year leaving more holes. We HAVE to hit it out of the park this year. This is the first draft for this FO, a lot is on the line with a lot of question marks. 

If Matthews is allowed to walk and/or is not productive here, the Darby trade is going to look silly. 

• Like (+1) 1

2 hours ago, DefenseWins said:

Beane and McD deserve credit for the moves they have made. I have to admit being somewhat amazed that they were able to rebuild the secondary so quickly. They were able to take what I felt has been a weakness and turned it into a strength. They were able to get rid of Darby and Gilmore who IMO are both overpaid underachievers. White and Gaines played very well and Hyde with Poyer are about as good a safety pair as you can hope for. Frankly, I would have voted for the pair as co/DMVP.

Now if only Beane/McD can find/draft one of these top 4 QBs...

Do people even flash neurons at some of what they write here?  I agree that McBeane deserve credit for rebuilding the secondary and bringing in some quality depth on D.  If they thought they could find players who did as well or better, woot!  They did it.  So I have no quarrel with them for moving on from Gilmore and trading Darby.

But Darby was on his freakin' rookie contract.  He's getting $800k this year and had no dead cap.  That's practically minimum salary.  And the guy's contributing on the team contending for the NFC championship, it's hard to say he's underachieving for his rate of pay.

4 minutes ago, Hapless Bills Fan said:

Do people even flash neurons at some of what they write here?  I agree that McBeane deserve credit for rebuilding the secondary and bringing in some quality depth on D.  If they thought they could find players who did as well or better, woot!  They did it.  So I have no quarrel with them for moving on from Gilmore and trading Darby.

But Darby was on his freakin' rookie contract.  He's getting $800k this year and had no dead cap.  That's practically minimum salary.  And the guy's contributing on the team contending for the NFC championship, it's hard to say he's underachieving for his rate of pay.

I noticed that too. but I was just gonna let it lie. haha

32 minutes ago, Mango said:

IMO this FO is going to get a lot of judgement based on how Dareus plays the next few years, what they do with Jordan Matthews, and this upcoming draft. 

(...)

If Dareus is lights out next season, it is going to hurt.

If Dareus is lights out next season, I think fans have to treat this like the case of an ex-lover who treated you like crap, and is now all Little Ms (or Mr) Right for somebody else.  Yeah, it sucks that they couldn't hold down a job, show up for your dates on time, and make heads turn when they got there instead of ordering crap of HSN in their PJs on your credit, standing you up, and slouching into the bar in their Kmart sweats with lank greasy hair.

But the fact is, whatever the reason, they did not have their act together for you and were not going to give you their best, so Get Over Them and move on.

I came to this realization whilst butt-hurt over Lynch.

Well that, and in Dareus case, it might help that he's playing now with two all-pro DLmen.

Edited by Hapless Bills Fan
  • Like (+1) 1

2 hours ago, DefenseWins said:

Beane and McD deserve credit for the moves they have made. I have to admit being somewhat amazed that they were able to rebuild the secondary so quickly. They were able to take what I felt has been a weakness and turned it into a strength. They were able to get rid of Darby and Gilmore who IMO are both overpaid underachievers. White and Gaines played very well and Hyde with Poyer are about as good a safety pair as you can hope for. Frankly, I would have voted for the pair as co/DMVP.

Now if only Beane/McD can find/draft one of these top 4 QBs...

I don't think anybody is lamenting the loss of Gilmore. Decent CB, sure. Too expensive for output, yes. I will say he is having a good season, after a very rocky start. But I don't think the Bills should have paid him that. 

Darby? That does not make any sense. He has showed tremendous promise, and is playing at high level, and in the NFC Championship game next weekend. 

Beane was not in house for the Hyde/Poyer signings. That was Whaley. 

It is really weird to me to see Rodak give credit to McBeane for doing well despite adversity/holes in the roster. When they themselves are responsible for not having Watkins, Dareus, or Darby.

3 hours ago, gobillsinytown said:

I think this is going to be where the staff earns its pay (or not). 

If they nail the majority of the draft and plug in the right free agents, they'll take the next step.

So far they've shown that they can make pretty good draft and free agent choices.  This upcoming draft and FA period is "make or break" IMO.

Beane was not here for the draft nor most of the FA signings. Beane's biggest FA signing was - BOLDIN!!!!

So why are people giving credit to Beane for something he hasn't DONE, I don't know. His biggest trad acquisition - Kelvin Benjamin. Who caught 16 passes! AMAZING IMPACT on the 2nd worst passing offense in the league!

2 minutes ago, CanadianFan said:

Beane was not here for the draft nor most of the FA signings. Beane's biggest FA signing was - BOLDIN!!!!

So why are people giving credit to Beane for something he hasn't DONE, I don't know. His biggest trad acquisition - Kelvin Benjamin. Who caught 16 passes! AMAZING IMPACT on the 2nd worst passing offense in the league!

They aren't and that's why Boldin was listed.

58 minutes ago, ShadyBillsFan said:

I thought McD does deserves credit and you showed detail on the latter,   which you have now explained why 

No snark intended 

right on. misunderstanding. 

38 minutes ago, CanadianFan said:

dude... whoa.... chill man... talk about really random rant of the day.

and I give him credit for seeing we could aquire valuable assets for the upcoming draft while still being able to win games. 

seriously man.... you gotta take a breath here. 

Edited by Stank_Nasty
  • Like (+1) 1

6 hours ago, prissythecat said:

Well apparently Peterman did impress enough posters here =)

I would like to see any rookie QB make his 1st start at the Chargers then play in 3 ft of snow and then get thrust into action with everything riding on it. I would say those are the worst possible scenarios for a rookie QB to fail. Taylor played the worst playoff game that I have ever seen a QB play. I would rather Peterman stared that game because I called it right on the money. I said the Jags defense would have tight coverage on our WR's which in turn would make him check down and play ultra conservative.

3 hours ago, CanadianFan said:

I don’t know if everyone considers Boldin to be his biggest FA signing. Deonte Thompson was signed as an FA in mid-October,  played in 12 games, and had about 150 fewer yards than Watkins had in 16.

his “biggest” trade acquisition, unless you are referring to height, is easily EJ Gaines,  not Kelvin Benjamin. If you are considering impact on the 2017 season. Imo 

Edited by YoloinOhio

53 minutes ago, Call_Of_Ktulu said:

I would like to see any rookie QB make his 1st start at the Chargers then play in 3 ft of snow and then get thrust into action with everything riding on it. I would say those are the worst possible scenarios for a rookie QB to fail. Taylor played the worst playoff game that I have ever seen a QB play. I would rather Peterman stared that game because I called it right on the money. I said the Jags defense would have tight coverage on our WR's which in turn would make him check down and play ultra conservative.

If Peterman started and played in that game,  he may very well have crushed the record for interceptions in a playoff game.  Jags corners are pretty talented