Bills getting some offseason love from ESPN.

Stank_Nasty

Looks like the bills cleaned house in afc east offseason awards. they gave us coach of the year, hyde got DMVP and then white ended up rookie of the year. pretty cool read and always nice to finally see good things being written about the team. 

http://www.espn.com/blog/afceast/post/_/id/86561/bills-breakthrough-season-reflected-in-afc-east-awards

and then another article from "espn insider" about re-grading the offseason of each team.... bills come in at the #5 best offseason with an "A-". I did a copy and paste of that one below becuz i imagine not everyone gets insider. i'm sure there will be a handful of people that lose their minds about a certain statement in the last paragragh. but whatever. another positive, and accurate, read on the team. very excited about the future for once!!!!

http://www.espn.com/nfl/insider/story/_/id/22113660/nfl-re-grading-every-team-2017-offseason

"The grade rises because rookie draft choices Tre'Davious White and Dion Dawkins were immediate contributors in important spots. Both players look like building blocks for new coach Sean McDermott and new general manager Brandon Beane. Fifth-round pick Nathan Peterman did not impress in two starts at quarterback, but he can still be a developmental player.

Safety Micah Hyde was the Bills' biggest investment in free agency. He started all 16 games, picked off five passes, earned a Pro Bowl berth and was named second-team All-Pro. The team's other safety addition, Jordan Poyer, matched Hyde with five interceptions, showing again that McDermott knows how to get production from a position he has coached in the past (Kurt Coleman picked off 11 passes for Carolina in 2015-16, when McDermott was the Panthers' defensive coordinator).

The decision to bring back Tyrod Taylor was obviously the right one, then and now. Buffalo traded receiver Sammy Watkins and cornerback Ronald Darby after our initial grades were published. The moves smelled of tanking, but Buffalo reached the playoffs and added picks. It helped that E.J. Gaines, acquired from the Rams as part of the Watkins trade, became a solid starter when healthy."

Edited by Stank_Nasty
  • Like (+1) 3

3 minutes ago, Stank_Nasty said:

Looks like the bills cleaned house in afc east offseason awards. they gave us coach of the year, hyde got DMVP and then white end up rookie of the year. pretty cool read and always nice to finally see good things being written about the team. 

http://www.espn.com/blog/afceast/post/_/id/86561/bills-breakthrough-season-reflected-in-afc-east-awards

and then another article from "espn insider" about re-grading the offseason of each team.... bills come in at the #5 best offseason with an "A-". I pasted that one below becuz i imagine not everyone gets insider. i'm sure there will be a handful of people that lose their minds about a certain statement in the last paragragh. but whatever. another positive, and accurate, read on the team. very excited about the future for once!!!!

http://www.espn.com/nfl/insider/story/_/id/22113660/nfl-re-grading-every-team-2017-offseason

"The grade rises because rookie draft choices Tre'Davious White and Dion Dawkins were immediate contributors in important spots. Both players look like building blocks for new coach Sean McDermott and new general manager Brandon Beane. Fifth-round pick Nathan Peterman did not impress in two starts at quarterback, but he can still be a developmental player.

Well apparently Peterman did impress enough posters here =)

• Haha (+1) 2

The team and org deserves a lot of credit for the moves they made and the past season. IF...IF...IF (big emphasis here on IF) they can have another good draft/FA period while adding a quality QB the future will be extremely bright long term.

• Like (+1) 3

6 minutes ago, prissythecat said:

Well apparently Peterman did impress enough posters here =)

Or was it that the posters thought we’d be better off with a QB playing QB as opposed to a RB playing QB?  More likely.  The unknown entity is sometimes more appreciated than the known entity when the known entity is known to suck.

• Like (+1) 2

6 minutes ago, corta765 said:

The team and org deserves a lot of credit for the moves they made and the past season. IF...IF...IF (big emphasis here on IF) they can have another good draft/FA period while adding a quality QB the future will be extremely bright long term.

agree 100%.  i'm cautiously optimistic that this last season wasn't beginners luck and we MIGHT actually have some guys that can take the bills to the promised land 

8 minutes ago, corta765 said:

I think this is going to be where the staff earns its pay (or not). 

If they nail the majority of the draft and plug in the right free agents, they'll take the next step.

So far they've shown that they can make pretty good draft and free agent choices.  This upcoming draft and FA period is "make or break" IMO.

• Like (+1) 1

2 minutes ago, gobillsinytown said:

I think this is going to be where the staff earns its pay (or not). 

If they nail the majority of the draft and plug in the right free agents, they'll take the next step.

So far they've shown that they can make pretty good draft and free agent choices.  This upcoming draft and FA period is "make or break" IMO.

Agreed 100%. Especially because you figure McD will get at least now 3 more years. Well the foundation of his team will be the 17 draft and this upcoming 18 draft plus FA/UDFA additions.

Beane and McD deserve credit for the moves they have made. I have to admit being somewhat amazed that they were able to rebuild the secondary so quickly. They were able to take what I felt has been a weakness and turned it into a strength. They were able to get rid of Darby and Gilmore who IMO are both overpaid underachievers. White and Gaines played very well and Hyde with Poyer are about as good a safety pair as you can hope for. Frankly, I would have voted for the pair as co/DMVP.

Now if only Beane/McD can find/draft one of these top 4 QBs...

9 minutes ago, Shotgunner said:

When he said that, everyone (myself included) thought they were mutually exclusive.

They proved they could do it. I'm shocked.

i'll admit I was fairly irritated by that statement back in august. LOL.

3 minutes ago, Buffalo_Gal said:

Reading the comments on that awards post.... Patriots fans really do not like to give credit to anyone else, do they?

couple of butt hurt fins and jets fans in there too.... just having a really hard time thinking the bills did anything better than them. they'll get used to it soon enough.

• Like (+1) 1

27 minutes ago, Buffalo_Gal said:

Reading the comments on that awards post.... Patriots fans really do not like to give credit to anyone else, do they?

the only asses they kiss are their own 

WHY did the OP not go further with this???

Coach of the Year -- Bills' Sean McDermott: If Bills fans were ready to put Andy Dalton's name on the New Era Field wall of fame after Buffalo made the playoffs for the first time since 1999, then McDermott should have a statue erected in front of the stadium.

The shortcomings of the team are more reason to consider McDermott for NFL Coach of the Year -- not just in the AFC East. He squeezed nine wins out of a team that was projected by most to win between five and seven. He dealt with the loss of talent (Sammy Watkins, Robert Woods, Stephon Gilmore and Marcell Dareus) but managed to get the most out of his players by focusing on the daily process of what it takes to win in the NFL. -- Mike Rodak

Edited by ShadyBillsFan

13 minutes ago, ShadyBillsFan said:

the only asses they kiss are their own 

WHY did the OP not go further with this???

Coach of the Year -- Bills' Sean McDermott: If Bills fans were ready to put Andy Dalton's name on the New Era Field wall of fame after Buffalo made the playoffs for the first time since 1999, then McDermott should have a statue erected in front of the stadium.

The shortcomings of the team are more reason to consider McDermott for NFL Coach of the Year -- not just in the AFC East. He squeezed nine wins out of a team that was projected by most to win between five and seven. He dealt with the loss of talent (Sammy Watkins, Robert Woods, Stephon Gilmore and Marcell Dareus) but managed to get the most out of his players by focusing on the daily process of what it takes to win in the NFL. -- Mike Rodak

what do you even mean "why wouldn't the OP go further into this?". its a click away dude. 

I didn't copy and paste anything from the first link becuz you could click on it and it was available to the public. 

I copy and pasted the 2nd one becuz it was closed to people that didn't have insider access.

that sum it up for ya?

Edited by Stank_Nasty

1 minute ago, ShadyBillsFan said:

odd I read most if not all of it w/o needing special access.  

well the for insiders they usually flash the top of the article and then cut it off..... I cant tell when that cut off is becuz I subscribe and just always have access to the whole thing so I made sure everyone could see by pasting it up. 

16 minutes ago, Stank_Nasty said:

what do you even mean "why wouldn't the OP go further into this?". its a click away dude. 

sure it is.   I had read the full article  myself before I noticed this thread.  

those "insiders" can keep their stories.    you can find it all for free today 

3 minutes ago, ShadyBillsFan said:

sure it is.   I had read the full article  myself before I noticed this thread.  

I don't even know what you are trying to get at here..... I posted to links to positive things said about our bills. one of which I pasted becuz it called for insider access. good talk, bruh.

Edited by Stank_Nasty