Daboll's preferred offense and QB.

Logic

1 hour ago, Hapless Bills Fan said:

1 hour ago, Hapless Bills Fan said:

"Logic" and others had the very fair point that when threads are too long people understandably don't want to wade through them, but you are incorrect.

The original thread had EXACTLY this information.

I apologize then for missing it.  

Edited by MDFan
  • Thank you (+1) 1

24 minutes ago, 145B4IDIE said:

I'm being serious, sounds like Peterman's scouting report

...grasping the mental fundamentals first is a bigger priority to me versus physical......."bigger, stronger & faster" becomes the task of your S&C gang.......and surprisingly yes, Peterman has demonstrated the mental grasp this early on, especially for a 5th....lack thereof plagued EJ & TT IMO.......

1 minute ago, MDFan said:

I apologize then for missing it.  

....you're fine....LOGIC offered up some REALLY interesting stuff that would have been lost in the other thread of 42+ pages now comprised of "hire sucks...no it doesn't" drama......

Seems similar to what the Super Bowl Bills under Kelly used to do...from what Kelly has said numerous times, the team only had 20-30 plays total that they used over and over again out of different formations.  Their execution was so good it didn't matter if the teams knew the plays or not, they couldn't stop them.

8 minutes ago, OldTimeAFLGuy said:

...grasping the mental fundamentals first is a bigger priority to me versus physical......."bigger, stronger & faster" becomes the task of your S&C gang.......and surprisingly yes, Peterman has demonstrated the mental grasp this early on, especially for a 5th....lack thereof plagued EJ & TT IMO.......

....you're fine....LOGIC offered up some REALLY interesting stuff that would have been lost in the other thread of 42+ pages now comprised of "hire sucks...no it doesn't" drama......

At least it's nostalgic for the BBMBers.

• Like (+1) 1

1 hour ago, Strethor said:

This is exciting 

Even more exciting when you realize that we likely stole him away from Bellichick because he was being counted on to be McDaniels replacement when he left for a head coaching job...If he is good enough for Bellichick, he is good enough for me.

• Like (+1) 1
  • Thank you (+1) 2

9 minutes ago, matter2003 said:

Seems similar to what the Super Bowl Bills under Kelly used to do...from what Kelly has said numerous times, the team only had 20-30 plays total that they used over and over again out of different formations.  Their execution was so good it didn't matter if the teams knew the plays or not, they couldn't stop them.

....remember reading about this several years ago when Deadskins hired KC's OC Al Saunders....playbook was 700 PAGES.........

Redskins' Saunders defends the 700-page play book

Aug 15, 2007
  • ASHBURN, Va. -- Al Saunders took a reporter's pen and
    notepad and started drawing a play.

"This is why it just cracks me up when you guys make fun of
    that play book," he said, peppering the yellow page with arrows,
    circles and numbers.

When he finished, Saunders pointed to the numbers associated
    with the patterns and said he could teach anyone to run pass routes
    in his offense in 20 minutes.

"If you can count from 0 to 9," the Washington Redskins'
    associate head coach said, "you can be a wide receiver in our
    offense."

The phrase "700-page play book" became synonymous with the
    Redskins' offensive struggles during last year's 5-11 season, and
    Saunders wanted to set the record straight -- his schemes aren't
    that complicated. The pages aren't numbered, but 700 is a conservative
    estimate.

http://www.espn.com/espn/wire?section=nfl&id=2976323

Edited by OldTimeAFLGuy

4 hours ago, Logic said:

Agreed. It would be nice to see a 2018 passing offense rather than a 1998 passing offense.

3 hours ago, chris heff said:

I’m confused, how is an offense designed by Ray Perkins and Ron Erhardt a modern 2018 NFL offense?

Think of it as an offensive framework and a system by which plays are called.  The actual plays, or "concepts" can be anything the coaches draw them up to be, whether modern, or tried and tested.  They're not necessarily calling concepts(plays) that were drawn up in 1978 (but they could if they still work).  They could be all new concepts, even special concepts drawn up to defeat certain modern defenses based on last week's film, opponent's tendancies and the players they/you have available.

I like the way the concepts will change week to week depending on opponent and personnel, or even quarter to quarter depending on what the defense is trying to specifically prevent.

• Like (+1) 1

Don't EVER sleep on LOGIC when he posts yo.... Dude was one of the BEST posters bbmb ever had and I used to read them all pretty regularly....Always solid solid football takes and zero angst/drama  LOL muppy~

3 hours ago, Rubes said:

Sounds reasonable. In the end, what really matters is having a QB who can read the defense, find the right receiver, and put it in exactly the right spot.

this is fairly exciting. now, which draftee is best suited to run this type of offense? and can we get this guy?

• Like (+1) 2

I was pretty on the fence about this hire. This article and a couple others posted about him have made me a lot more optimistic. Sounds like he is versatile and will adapt his scheme to fit the players, which is the opposite of Dennison. That's already a win in my book. He has to be a better play called by default. Very curious to see which direction we go at QB.

• Like (+1) 1

1 hour ago, 145B4IDIE said:

I'm being serious, sounds like Peterman's scouting report

Sorry, I meant "offensive receiver", not "defensive receiver".

4 hours ago, JaCrispy said:

Perhaps...I would like to see us draft a Julien Edelman or Wes Welker type receiver- that is quick in small spaces.  That type of receiver is so key to the Pats sustaining their drives.

Edelman .. small spaces .. I couldn't stop this reply

https://deadspin.com/tinder-girls-icebreaker-just-!@#$ed-edelman-no-lie-1683702726