Intelligent with progressions 

Willing to take a hit to make a throw

Good pocket awareness 

Changes plays at the line

Huge production

Cons:

Only 6'2

Pretty good deep accuracy but could use improvement

Average arm strength (deciding factor, I think he has enough)

I will be honest I have no idea what round this kid will be drafted in but I hope he ends up on our team. A lot of draft sites have him as undrafted except for CBS who has him rated as a 4th round prospect. I would give him a grade in round 3. I will say this, he is a better draft prospect than Luke Falk and Riley Ferguson. I usually watch tape on all of the QB prospects every year so I get a pretty good feel for them. I am surprised this kid is so underrated but I hope someone gives him a shot later in the draft (not the Pats). I would like the Bills to draft one of the early QBs then address the position again in the 4th or 5th round with a QB like Woodside. 

This article about him is amazing. He has a Tom Brady like work ethic and a huge chip on his shoulder. This guy has the personality of a franchise NFL QB. His drive might end up making him the best QB in this class one day. 

http://www.espn.com/college-football/story/_/id/20372097/toledo-rockets-logan-woodside-most-prolific-quarterback-never-heard-of

Check out this game he played vs Miami. He has very little talent on his roster and had about 8 drops by his WRs in the game but he kept slinging it and Toledo gave Miami all they could handle at home. 

• Like (+1) 1

25 minutes ago, PIZ said:

Is it fair to say that Beane knows of this guy by name?  We always throw names around and I always wonder if McBeane know the guys by name.  I know the scouts do....but do the top 2 guys?

I would hope Beane has watched every game from every QB prospect in this draft. We should probably be drafting two of them this year. Peterman did not look good last year. 

2 minutes ago, billspro said:

I would hope Beane has watched every game from every QB prospect in this draft. We should probably be drafting two of them this year. Peterman did not look good last year. 

Didn't know how it worked.  Do scouts tell Beane "check this guy out" or does Beane research himself?

What kind of competition has he faced?  Every year guys like this show up under or on the radar and get signed or drafted.  Almost all disappear, never get to play and develop, or don't show particularly well when given an opportunity.  Ever hear of a Mr. Taylor?  Yes, there will be rare exceptions.  Is this guy playing in any of the upcoming bowls (Senior, E-W Shrine)?

Good reads. Good zip. Needs much more touch. He plays the college game better than Peterman, but that Miami game reminds me a lot of NP’s style in the NFL. He’s going to have to learn to let the play develop a split second longer in the NFL game. Defenses are much more complex. His quick release could be a detriment (similar to NP). If he’s not correct, you’ll see a few 5 int games.

A lot of the time in these highlight tapes, I don’t see a whole lot of NFL translation.  This one is different. I like the kid. I’d take a flyer at the bottom of the third or the fourth. 

1 hour ago, SoCal Deek said:

Other than having a really cool name, can someone suggest what current NFL successful QB this kid would be compared to?  Based on the pros and cons listed....Drew Brees?

Rivers-ish...That’s my closest at watching the first half of this tape. Quick read, throws just about everything with a lot of velocity. 

i also didn’t notice him taking any snaps from under center in that video. 

• Like (+1) 1

2 hours ago, Formerly Allan in MD said:

What kind of competition has he faced?  Every year guys like this show up under or on the radar and get signed or drafted.  Almost all disappear, never get to play and develop, or don't show particularly well when given an opportunity.  Ever hear of a Mr. Taylor?  Yes, there will be rare exceptions.  Is this guy playing in any of the upcoming bowls (Senior, E-W Shrine)?

Unfortunately, I do not see him in any of the all star games. This is a deep QB class though, there might be 10-15 draftable QBs. The best team he faced was probably Miami. He played great against BYU in one of his 2016 games as well.