Case Keenum available if Pat Shurmur gets Giants Job?

Looks like Pat Shurmur is the leading candidate for the Giants HC job. It has been said/rumored that Case Keenum would follow Shurmur wherever he goes. With Eli in NY does that mean Case will be a  more realistic target in FA? Or do you think the Vikings move on from Bridgewater and stay with Case?

What do you think?

Just now, Mrbojanglezs said:

Looks like Pat Shurmur is the leading candidate for the Giants HC job. It has been said/rumored that Case Keenum would follow Shurmur wherever he goes. With Eli in NY does that mean Case will be a  more realistic target in FA? Or do you think the Vikings move on from Bridgewater and stay with Case?

What do you think?

I think the team he currently is playing for in the NFC Championship game, a team that has been talented for years but always a solid QB away from taking the next step, probably will do whatever it takes to keep him. Just my guess.

• Like (+1) 1

Just now, YoloinOhio said:

I think he should follow Schurmur. This season for him is an outlier. 

So you think he takes backup money in NY or do you think NYG move on from Eli?

Also if Case does sign with NYG it makes it interesting for trading up to #2 especially with Dave Gettleman as the GM (relationship with Beane)

• Like (+1) 1

6 minutes ago, Bangarang said:

The Keenum hype train is full steam ahead. Some team will likely regret signing him if they think he’s anything more than a stop gap.

This^^^

I would like Keenum on a reasonable 1-2 year deal, but some team will gladly over pay for him.  He’s steady and gutsy, but largely unspectacular, IMO.

Over-hyped? Maybe. But he just looks like a guy who always had the talent but couldn't make it translate in the NFL till now. And that talent isn't "elite" but he just seems to have that other "IT" factor, that pocket awareness, that separates lifetime back ups and starters. I wouldn't want us to pay elite money but Minny may/should pay a bit more than his "worth" to keep him. He's solid.

Tbh, I think it's one of those situations where the player would do well to stick where he has been successful, irrespective of the OC, as it's often the group of players that is an unseen difference.

Keenum has been around the block a bit, yet seems to have finally found a home. Both the Vikes and Keenum, might do well to realize it.

36 minutes ago, Mrbojanglezs said:

So you think he takes backup money in NY or do you think NYG move on from Eli?

Also if Case does sign with NYG it makes it interesting for trading up to #2 especially with Dave Gettleman as the GM (relationship with Beane)

I don’t know what he will do - but the  fit is there with Schurmer. I had thought Schurmer would go to Arizona which would have been a great situation for Keenim as a bridge guy since Palmer retired. But I guess he chose nyg. Btw Schurmer was brutal as HC in Cleveland. I know, I know, who isn’t. But he refused to run the ball among other things and it was very unsuccessful approach. It was maddening. 

1 minute ago, YoloinOhio said:

I don’t know what he will do - but the  fit is there with Schurmer. I had thought Schurmer would go to Arizona which would have been a great situation for Keenim as a bridge guy since Palmer retired. But I guess he chose nyg. Btw Schurmer was brutal as HC in Cleveland. I know, I know, who isn’t. But he refused to run the ball among other things and it was very unsuccessful approach. It was maddening. 

Seems like most coaches come out of Cleveland much better. Seems like it's a war there on coaches lol.

45 minutes ago, McBean said:

I’m hopin shurmur goes with Case which they will be likely to trade out of the #2 spot for us to take Rosen!

That would be ideal especially with the Gettleman connection (may be more willing to work with Beane).

• Like (+1) 1