Spotrac: The Mother of All QB Offseasons

7 hours ago, John from Hemet said:

A future HOF running back to take the pressure off him?

Well, that doesn’t suck. With all our needs I would still like to see us reinforce our backfield stable with a capable backup. Watching an old Tolbert still hurts my eyes.

7 hours ago, Mango said:

I keep hearing about Cousins to Denver. They have something like 27/28 mil of cap space, for an asking price of 25 mil from the Cousins camp, how do they make that work?

I am not familiar enough with them to know much about roster moves for them to clear space. 

It seems like the Bills are the lowest cap space currently possible for cousins at about 32 mil. Everybody else is sub 30. 

Jets and Cleveland have tons of space. 

I don’t see Cousins going to Cleveland for any amount. Jets coaching situation is not stable so I think, money aside, we are a better fit for most.

7 hours ago, Mango said:

I keep hearing about Cousins to Denver. They have something like 27/28 mil of cap space, for an asking price of 25 mil from the Cousins camp, how do they make that work?

I am not familiar enough with them to know much about roster moves for them to clear space. 

It seems like the Bills are the lowest cap space currently possible for cousins at about 32 mil. Everybody else is sub 30. 

Jets and Cleveland have tons of space. 

Denver is definitely going after Cousins.  They're reportedly asking Demarius Thomas to take a paycut - I hope he refuses and we have a chance at him.

Personally I'd much rather go after Bridgewater - he'll be much cheaper than Cousins, he's coachable and his accuracy is way better than Cousins (to my untrained eye, at least - Cousins seems streaky to me).

6 minutes ago, Coach Tuesday said:

Denver is definitely going after Cousins.  They're reportedly asking Demarius Thomas to take a paycut - I hope he refuses and we have a chance at him.

Personally I'd much rather go after Bridgewater - he'll be much cheaper than Cousins, he's coachable and his accuracy is way better than Cousins (to my untrained eye, at least - Cousins seems streaky to me).

I like Bridgewater too. He's only 25 years old and seems to have a lot of upside. My concern would be the health of that knee and his lack of arm strength in Buffalo. As others have posted here, the injury was pretty devastating. He's going to have to take a 1 year prove it deal. 

1 minute ago, MrEpsYtown said:

I like Bridgewater too. He's only 25 years old and seems to have a lot of upside. My concern would be the health of that knee and his lack of arm strength in Buffalo. As others have posted here, the injury was pretty devastating. He's going to have to take a 1 year prove it deal. 

No doubt - his leg almost got amputated!  But it seems like it was a total fluke and that he's healthy now.  His arm strength is average, no worse than Keenum's.  His specialty is the short- to medium-range area of the field, like Alex Smith but he's more of a gunslinger.  He doesn't have a cannon but he seems to have a great touch pass and a good feel for finding open spaces in the defense.  He was just coming into his own when he went down, something like a 70% completion rate in his last healthy season.

• Like (+1) 1

3 hours ago, Coach Tuesday said:

No doubt - his leg almost got amputated!  But it seems like it was a total fluke and that he's healthy now.  His arm strength is average, no worse than Keenum's.  His specialty is the short- to medium-range area of the field, like Alex Smith but he's more of a gunslinger.  He doesn't have a cannon but he seems to have a great touch pass and a good feel for finding open spaces in the defense.  He was just coming into his own when he went down, something like a 70% completion rate in his last healthy season.

IMO, Teddy will be signed by the Vikes & Bradford will be let go.

16 hours ago, Buffalo Barbarian said:

Time for New Orleans to clear some cap space and let Brees retire in Buffalo.

15 hours ago, ColoradoBills said:

Technically, it's all up to Brees.  He has a NO-TAG clause in his contract.

If he wants to leave, he leaves!

Sorry to disappoint you gents. :lol:

Edited by 26CornerBlitz

On 1/15/2018 at 5:08 PM, The Frankish Reich said:

Thanks. The last item - close to his/his wife's home and not a mega city - makes sense. But looking at what cities fit the bill, you'd have (probably in order): Lions (not in the market for a QB), Packers (same), Browns (well, that great fan base may come back, but they're pretty demoralized now), Vikes (who knows?), Bills (seems to fit the bill to me), Jags (maybe a fit there too).  So that limits the field to a pretty small group of teams ...

If they cut Bortles JAX would have $45M in cap space (NO dead space on their cap for this, it's a19M savings). I'd look at that D and the RBs and head straight there if I'm Cousins. 

21 hours ago, John from Hemet said:

OK so I have a question

How are the bills NOT a good destination for a qb?

We just made the playoffs on minimal talent....all those other teams did not....we are on the upswing

Minimal talent, cold weather and not really a major city. If I were a FA and hadn't grown up a Bills fan I'd only consider them if they had the highest offer. We have an aging RB and very little talent at WR. 

Another QB article.

Mike Rodak
The Bills don't have a long-term answer at QB, but they're in the right conference to have that issue and have enough picks to move up in the draft.

Beane said he has personally watched all of the potential first-round picks at quarterback, but did not rule out remaining at Nos. 21 and 22 to try and land one.

"Generally, if you got some high-value guys -- which everybody is claiming to be this year -- they're not going to fall to 21 or 22," he said. "But maybe there's some guys there that we like. Maybe there's a guy in another round. Maybe we answer it in free agency."

On 1/15/2018 at 3:41 PM, KelsaysLunchbox said:

Cousins to the Broncos, Cutler unemployed. Wouldn't be shocked to see McCown in NYJ again. 

This is what I'm expecting as well.  I also think we trade Tyrod for Alex Smith. Tyrod will be a backup in Denver behind Cousins. Just my personal guess-work.

Go Bills!!!!!

On 1/16/2018 at 2:55 PM, Albwan said:

You guys better brace for more tt. just sayin.

No particular reason, just a hunch.

"Aw shucks, we tried hard to get a qb"

This would be so !@#$ing horrible and could cost McD his job. 

As of right now I'm hoping for two things.

1. Taylor is released

2. Castillo is released