Spotrac: The Mother of All QB Offseasons

3 hours ago, Boyst62 said:

Shurmur is going to new jersey

This is a silly article click bait disirregardless

I think once coupled with the number of QBs taken in the top rounds of the draft, the click-bait is kind of accurate and smart. 

5 hours ago, MrEpsYtown said:

Brees - NO

Cousins - NYJ

Keenum - MIN

JG - SF

Cutler - Denver

McCown - ? Maybe Arizona

Bradford - Washington

My guesses for now. I think AJ McCarron winds up in Cleveland. Teddy Bridgewater or Bradford goes with Shurmur if he goes to Arizona. The other goes to Washington. 

That would be ironic

• Like (+1) 1

5 hours ago, yungmack said:

The first 4 aren't going anywhere. In fact, I'm not sure any of those 7 are going anywhere. And if any of them are, please, OBD, do NOT for a single moment think about bringing in Cutler, Bradford or Cousins. Pretty please?

Disagree on Cousins.

He is good(not great) which is something we haven’t had in forever.

Him behind a better line with a quality run game and decent receivers with a good Def. is a winning combination.

Especially  if we draft a QB without trading up and he sits for a few years.

12 minutes ago, stuvian said:

I could live with Alex Smith and a high draft pick at QB

Would rather not but feel like he would be an upgrade providing you protect him. 

Going to be interesting to see what Daboll does with the O line and blocking schemes.

2 minutes ago, John from Hemet said:

OK so I have a question

How are the bills NOT a good destination for a qb?

We just made the playoffs on minimal talent....all those other teams did not....we are on the upswing

Not being sarcastic, We have a ways to go before you wash the stench of perennial loser/joke from this organization.

A flukey playoff appearance doesn’t impress the rest of the league the way it does Bills fans.

Also, what kind of sell job can the new OC and HC about this new scheme and what they promise a veteran QB . Coming here is a risk many might not want to take. 

The Bills are an ideal place for one of these potential Free Agent candidates to land....finally.  This doesn't mean that they won't also draft a QB in 2018.  They most certainly will!  But, these veteran guys want to start, and they would love to inherent a Team that just made the Playoffs.  In fact, I'll go out on a limb and suggest that there are some that would secretly like to be the guy that leads the Bills back to the Super Bowl. Instant and lasting fame!  Now...which guys is the right guy?  Who knows?  Did anyone think Case Keenum would be battling Nick Foles in the NFC Championship Game next weekend?  NO!  But, I have a sneaky suspicion that both Case and Nick were thinking they might be when they signed at Minnesota and Philly.

1 hour ago, Buffalo Barbarian said:

Time for New Orleans to clear some cap space and let Brees retire in Buffalo.

1 hour ago, 26CornerBlitz said:

Click your heels three times and repeat. 

Technically, it's all up to Brees.  He has a NO-TAG clause in his contract.

If he wants to leave, he leaves!

• Like (+1) 1
  • Thank you (+1) 1

Just now, ColoradoBills said:

Technically, it's all up to Brees.  He has a NO-TAG clause in his contract.

If he wants to leave, he leaves!

Of course it is.  He's on a loaded team that has Championship aspirations with Payton as his HC.  You click your heels too. 

• Like (+1) 1
  • Haha (+1) 1

7 hours ago, Call_Of_Ktulu said:

I'm hoping for AJ McCarron to win his case vs the NFL and become a FA. I would trade a 2nd rd pick for AJ McCarron in a heart beat if the ruling doesn't go through. McCarron seems like the kind of QB that would have a good 1st season in Daboll's offense and there is a Alabama connection.

Why just a second?  Why not a first?  

8 hours ago, KelsaysLunchbox said:

Cousins to the Broncos, Cutler unemployed. Wouldn't be shocked to see McCown in NYJ again. 

I keep hearing about Cousins to Denver. They have something like 27/28 mil of cap space, for an asking price of 25 mil from the Cousins camp, how do they make that work?

I am not familiar enough with them to know much about roster moves for them to clear space. 

It seems like the Bills are the lowest cap space currently possible for cousins at about 32 mil. Everybody else is sub 30. 

Jets and Cleveland have tons of space. 

2 hours ago, Buffalo Boy said:

Would rather not but feel like he would be an upgrade providing you protect him. 

Going to be interesting to see what Daboll does with the O line and blocking schemes.

Not being sarcastic, We have a ways to go before you wash the stench of perennial loser/joke from this organization.

A flukey playoff appearance doesn’t impress the rest of the league the way it does Bills fans.

Also, what kind of sell job can the new OC and HC about this new scheme and what they promise a veteran QB . Coming here is a risk many might not want to take. 

A future HOF running back to take the pressure off him?