RIP Dolores O’Riordan

Just Jack

I think it's beautiful how she envisions herself as coming back as one who will help others with struggles that she lived with.  Whether this was an intentional death, or not, it's terribly sad; and it is another red flag that mental illness is one of the biggest problems our society faces.  Yet it's terribly underfunded.  Priorities are severely out of whack in this country and in this world.

http://www.foxnews.com/entertainment/2018/01/17/dolores-oriordan-was-found-on-bathroom-floor-by-hotel-staff-reports-say.html

According to a report, O'Riordan said in an interview several years ago she said, "I'm 43. If I see 50, I'll be happy. I mean that."

The mother of three was open about her battle with depression.

"I think I'll probably come back as an angel and I'd like to guide people or guard people going through similar experiences in life, whisper in their ear and kind of give them ideas on how to deal with things," O'Riordan said in a 2013 interview when asked about reincarnation.

She reflected on her past struggles in a chat with the Irish News in May 2017. 

“There have been times when I’ve struggled. The death of my father and mother-in-law was very hard. Looking back, I think depression, whatever the cause, is one of the worst things to go through.

Then again, I’ve also had a lot of joy in my life, especially with my children. You get ups as well as downs. Sure isn’t that what life’s all about?”

• Like (+1) 1

• 1 year later...

New song/album coming out

On ‎1‎/‎17‎/‎2018 at 7:02 PM, Fadingpain said:

I guess she has been a long sufferer of depression and tried to commit suicide a few years ago.

I guess this time she was successful.  Don't think that information has been released though.

:(

Official cause of death was accidental

https://www.telegraph.co.uk/news/2018/09/06/cranberries-singer-dolores-oriordan-drowned-hotel-bath-inquest/

how drunk ya gotta be to do this

She said it would seem that O'Riordan - who was wearing a long-sleeved vest and pyjama bottoms - became unconscious in the bath, adding: "There's no evidence that this was anything other than an accident."

1 hour ago, plenzmd1 said:

how drunk ya gotta be to do this

.33%  

From wiki:

O'Riordan died suddenly at the London Hilton on Park Lane hotel in Mayfair on 15 January 2018, at the age of 46, while in London for a recording session with Bad Wolves.[43][63] The cause of death was not immediately made public, but an inquest held on 6 September[64]ruled that she died as a result of accidental drowning in a bathtub due to sedation by alcohol intoxication. Empty bottles were found in O'Riordan's room (five miniature bottles and a champagne bottle) as well as some prescription drugs, but toxicology tests showed that her body contained only "therapeutic" amounts of these medications but 330 mg of alcohol per 100 ml of blood, a blood alcohol content of 0.33%.[65]

That is crazy.

Edited by Gugny

6 hours ago, plenzmd1 said:

but how drunk ya gotta be  to have on full sleeve vest and pajama bottoms, then  then climb is a tub filled with water???

I'd imagine a tad more drunk than I got before banging a couple of the heifers I did in my 20s.  But not much.

And if an article of clothing has sleeves, doesn't that disqualify it from "vest," status???

• Haha (+1) 1

4 hours ago, Nextmanup said:

Alcohol is a terrible, dangerous drug.

Much, much worse than marijuana.

Funny that one is legal and socially accepted, and the other (for the most part) is not.

Pot heads using the old two wrongs make a right.  Classic.

• Like (+1) 2

9 hours ago, Nextmanup said:

Funny that one is legal and socially accepted, and the other (for the most part) is not.

Keep on spreading the myth:

https://www.nbcnews.com/storyline/legal-pot/even-little-marijuana-may-change-teen-brain-study-finds-n958536

"A recent study found that teen brains are more vulnerable to the effects of marijuana than alcohol. And in June, University of Pennsylvania scientists discovered that young people who used marijuana frequently were more likely than nonusers to have slightly lower scores on tests of memory, learning new information, and higher-level problem solving and information processing."

• Like (+1) 1

12 hours ago, Gugny said:

I'd imagine a tad more drunk than I got before banging a couple of the heifers I did in my 20s.  But not much.

And if an article of clothing has sleeves, doesn't that disqualify it from "vest," status???

Lol, I had the same thought when I read that.

How drunk ya gotta be to design a "long-sleeved vest?"

• Haha (+1) 1

9 hours ago, ExiledInIllinois said:

Keep on spreading the myth:

https://www.nbcnews.com/storyline/legal-pot/even-little-marijuana-may-change-teen-brain-study-finds-n958536

"A recent study found that teen brains are more vulnerable to the effects of marijuana than alcohol. And in June, University of Pennsylvania scientists discovered that young people who used marijuana frequently were more likely than nonusers to have slightly lower scores on tests of memory, learning new information, and higher-level problem solving and information processing."

How it it a myth because of one study?

13 hours ago, 4merper4mer said:

Pot heads using the old two wrongs make a right.  Classic.

None of them are wrong.

Alcohol, like weed, like prescription pills, like sugary snack, like salty snacks are okay if you are responsible with it.  If you do any of them too much, it's dangerous.  

• Like (+1) 2

18 hours ago, Nextmanup said:

Quite honestly, I believe it’s the fact that there’s a lot of $ backing alcohol.  Eventually, if marijuana becomes more acceptable to public mores, it will be the same.  Look at the mad rush now in Canada for companies grabbing market share.  There’s plenty of undesirable consequences regarding both substances, both directly and indirectly.

40 minutes ago, Ridgewaycynic2013 said:

Quite honestly, I believe it’s the fact that there’s a lot of $ backing alcohol.  Eventually, if marijuana becomes more acceptable to public mores, it will be the same.  Look at the mad rush now in Canada for companies grabbing market share.  There’s plenty of undesirable consequences regarding both substances, both directly and indirectly.

People forget the history of prohibition in Canada... It was first before the US prohibition of alchohol.  It was a huge failure.

Same thing will happen with the Mary Jane.  Canada is the jump start:

https://cdnhistorybits.wordpress.com/2017/05/09/prohibition-in-canada/

9 hours ago, Kevbeau said:

Glad I’m not the only one confused by this

5 hours ago, LeGOATski said:

Lol, I had the same thought when I read that.

How drunk ya gotta be to design a "long-sleeved vest?"

Definition of vest

1a: a sleeveless garment for the upper body usually worn over a shirt

21 hours ago, Nextmanup said:

Thank you for hijacking the thread to tell us of your worship of marijuana......  :(

• Like (+1) 1

1 hour ago, row_33 said:

Thank you for hijacking the thread to tell us of your worship of marijuana......  :(

See post above.

Thank you for making a rather toxic forum a little more toxic.

:(

Edited by Nextmanup