8 years ago I gave up season tickets

After 17 years Dick Jauron pushed me into the decision to drop my tickets in 2010. He was last in a string of frustrations at the time even though he had been fired.

today....I started a clean out of a chest where many of my Bills clothing has been stored. I counted 29 tailgators T shirts. some of you will remember the following sayings.

Fu?? the 49ers

Pee-on Deion

Miami has lost their Cox and now they will lose their Johnson

It's all about the Rush

Tailgators go Deep...keep your driver alive

Tailgators do it best OUTDOORS

Bury da Bears

Tailgators, Old no. 69....goin' down with a quality finish everytime

Tailgators gab life by the balls

D'fence wins championships

Tailgators...Mines Huge...how BIG is your game.

A long with these....3 pairs of zubaz pants...1 pair of zubaz shorts....too many sweat shirts, t-shirts, coats, ponchos, blankets to count.

also located...2 copies of the Canton Newspaper, sealed in airtight bags from the day Jim Kelly joined the Hall. Posters from that day.

A smiling picture with Reuben

gloves autographed by Thurman

an autograph book my son always took to Fredonia.

9 jerseys...including Todd Collins (I apologize for that)....2 boxes of Flutie flakes (sorry for that to).

Eric Moulds jersey I wore once...he got hurt and my tailgate partners would never let me wear it again.

etc.....

and many many fond memories of all the great fans I tailgated with....Debbie, Bob, Phil, The King. etc etc.

memories flood back of hugs with strangers...beer at 7 am, turkeys roasting in the garbage can, ribs, Italian Sausage at 7 am, ...shots, the sun rising over the stadium on a frosty morning.

I have not been back since....I still have my portable Weber BBQ....maybe next year.

• Like (+1) 1
  • Thank you (+1) 3

That really is awesome.....it's true heart break year after year....and I understand the utter despair as a fan you must feel to pour your heart and soul into something that extends beyond the football field, beyond a tailgating lot, and into the homes and lives of the people we come to call friends through this medium of football....I am empathetic as I've been on the brink of throwing up my hands and walking away....it's hard to explain this draw, this magnetic determination to keep circling back to the flame of football, but it's there...and despite the anguish it's brought us as fans, we pine for it's return the moment the season ends, like an evil lover whose damage is deep but whose desire runs deep....hopefully, this means you'll come back around and stay again....but I (and I'm sure others) understand if this was just a momentary lapse in judgment while your logical self tells you to - RUN. 

• Like (+1) 1
  • Haha (+1) 1

What is the purpose of this thread? 

"I have left YEARS ago. I am still gone. The reasons are the same as YEARS ago ... so let me post"?

I have had season tickets (my dad actually) since 1975 and continue today. I still have those memories and I am creating new ones every Bills' game. I am meeting great folks every game.I have seen some crazy things and thank God I dont partake in them.

Finally, maybe when the Bills are continously relevant and not perennially sucky ... you will see the fair weather and come back.

Edited by aceman_16
  • Sad 1
  • Haha (+1) 1

I think I understand this post. The guy is saying he has this long list of stuff accumulated over his season ticket years. He gives the reason why he gave them up to start and adds that last statement saying he hasn't been back and it comes off as just another bitter fan. I think he was really trying to highlight digging up all that cool stuff.

I like the post. He has just as much right to post in here as anyone else. His years of dedication to the team, and probably tens of thousands of dollars spent, certainly justify his opinions, but in reality, even that is not needed.

Why criticize and/or try to psychoanalyze? Some of y'all are just sad, really sad. :huh:

• Like (+1) 1
  • Thank you (+1) 3

10 minutes ago, John in Jax said:

I like the post. He has just as much right to post in here as anyone else. His years of dedication to the team, and probably tens of thousands of dollars spent, certainly justify his opinions, but in reality, even that is not needed.

Why criticize and/or try to psychoanalyze? Some of y'all are just sad, really sad. :huh:

Says why criticize while criticizing those criticizing. Not to be too critical of your criticizing post.:wacko:

• Haha (+1) 1
  • Thank you (+1) 1

4 hours ago, Niagara Bill said:

After 17 years Dick Jauron pushed me into the decision to drop my tickets in 2010. He was last in a string of frustrations at the time even though he had been fired.

today....I started a clean out of a chest where many of my Bills clothing has been stored. I counted 29 tailgators T shirts. some of you will remember the following sayings.

Fu?? the 49ers

Pee-on Deion

It's all about the Rush

Bury da Bears

A long with these....3 pairs of zubaz pants...1 pair of zubaz shorts....too many sweat shirts, t-shirts, coats, ponchos, blankets to count.

also located...2 copies of the Canton Newspaper, sealed in airtight bags from the day Jim Kelly joined the Hall. Posters from that day.

9 jerseys...including Todd Collins (I apologize for that)....2 boxes of Flutie flakes (sorry for that to).

Eric Moulds jersey I wore once...he got hurt and my tailgate partners would never let me wear it again.

etc.....

and many many fond memories of all the great fans I tailgated with....Debbie, Bob, Phil, The King. etc etc.

memories flood back of hugs with strangers...beer at 7 am, turkeys roasting in the garbage can, ribs, Italian Sausage at 7 am, ...shots, the sun rising over the stadium on a frosty morning.

I have not been back since....I still have my portable Weber BBQ....maybe next year.

You'd feel a lot better if you got power slammed through a flaming table. 

• Haha (+1) 2

5 hours ago, Niagara Bill said:

Fu?? the 49ers

Pee-on Deion

It's all about the Rush

Bury da Bears

etc.....

Better days are here.  Dust off the grill, throw on the zubaz and get back on that horse.

Edited by Jauronimo
  • Like (+1) 2