Marcell Is Talking Tough: Says He's an All-Pro and Bills Treated Him Like A "Nobody"

BuffaloRush

Just now, CuddyDark said:

You probably have ZERO talent worthy of $100 let alone $100M. Football talent I mean.

True but you just dont hand out $100 million contracts to players you don't believe in was my point.

1 minute ago, mattynh said:

He treated his teammates like crap by not giving it his all.  Respect is earned not given.

He must have been paying more attention to Mario Williams and Stephon Gillmore and not enough to the guy lining up next to him, KW95

• Like (+1) 1

7 minutes ago, CuddyDark said:

Trust. Accountability. Friendship.

Wow, you don't see the irony in this post? 

Accountability?  Well, unlike Whaley and Rex, McD taught Dareus a life's lesson in accountability.  He should thank him instead of endless crying about how badly he was treated in Buffalo (which is delusional at best--he should be asked to provide a sample on the spot after this latest whacko rant).

There are  thousands of hard luck stories in the NFL.  Dareus is little different.  He's a gown adult. 

5 minutes ago, Mr. WEO said:

Wow, you don't see the irony in this post? 

Accountability?  Well, unlike Whaley and Rex, McD taught Dareus a life's lesson in accountability.  He should thank him instead of endless crying about how badly he was treated in Buffalo (which is delusional at best--he should be asked to provide a sample on the spot after this latest whacko rant).

There are  thousands of hard luck stories in the NFL.  Dareus is little different.  He's a gown adult. 

What irony? I'm telling you he didn't learn those things like most people learn them normally. I'm also saying if he's ever going to give you a shot at proving anything to you he must believe it's worth it to himself. Bills knew this when they drafted him. He's from a bad home life. Some of these players have to be managed like they're children because of how they grew up. Bills KNEW THIS WHEN THEY DRAFTED HIM.

You don't get it. He's troubled. He believes everyone is against him. Probably only person he trusted in the world is Kyle Williams, and Kim Pegula.

He is fired up after a big win. Nothing really significant about these comments.

But he is a rotational player on the Jaguars - a run stuffing DT from what I can tell. 

Whatever he did in the past is water under the bridge - the Bills HAD to get out from that contract and it is amazing they found a trade partner.

I have literally no time for people who blame their environment for being a sub standard human being.  A.) If you know enough to blame your surroundings for your poor behavior, then you recognize your behavior is poor, and rather than fix it you find excuses to keep doing it.   This tells me you're beyond comfortable with being a bad person.

B.) He is not the only human ever to have lost people or grown up without positive role models.   Not 100% of those same people grew up to be 30 year old children, so that tells me its about the person not the situation.

He got paid and didn't live up to his end of the bargain, so he got shipped out of town.  Hopefully for his long term existence he realizes its not the world's fault he keeps finding himself in bad situations.  

• Like (+1) 3

47 minutes ago, CuddyDark said:

Environment is everything to a kid like Marcell. Bills didn't help him. He's lost a lot in life and he needs someone to believe in him. Bills didn't. We'll see but my guess is Marcell will be the best DT in football going forward. I really don't even look at this year because I think he's still in his NT shape.

If he’s in NT shape then that’s his fault.

Edited by Royale with Cheese

Meh. He’s a great talent and we rewarded him accordingly until he became a distraction. I’m hoping he lives up to his potential with the Jags...just didn’t work out in Buffalo. Personally I wish him the best and don’t hold a grudge or anything like that, he just needed a fresh start and they gave it to him. If he can keep clean it will probably work out.

He’s an idiot. The trade may have ended our season vs Jacksonville but I’d make the trade over and over.  1 strike away from season long suspension.  Seems like he breaks down  every other year and gets his weed fix.  Good riddance.  Didn’t like the pick when we made it.  Hate it even more today

8 minutes ago, CuddyDark said:

What irony? I'm telling you he didn't learn those things like most people learn them normally. I'm also saying if he's ever going to give you a shot at proving anything to you he must believe it's worth it to himself. Bills knew this when they drafted him. He's from a bad home life. Some of these players have to be managed like they're children because of how they grew up. Bills KNEW THIS WHEN THEY DRAFTED HIM.

You don't get it. He's troubled. He believes everyone is against him. Probably only person he trusted in the world is Kyle Williams, and Kim Pegula.

You know nothing about him personally, other than what you read as we all have.  Spare us the analysis (which by the way people here were saying 6-7 years ago).  At some point he's  not the infantile man boy you're still claiming he is.

As for "giving him a shot", the Bills went above and beyond to coddle this kid from day one.  They looked away each time he screwed them.  The endlessly chimed in their support--even as he was boldly lying to them about his need for and imminent plan for entering rehab.  Kim Pegula coddled him on the team plane after yet another screw up.  Then the owners and GM decided to make him a wildly rich man, DESPITE his history on the team, with NO  financial repercussion placed in the contract for further behavioral problems

How on earth can you claim they were not supportive of him?  There's zero credibility in that argument.