Marcell Is Talking Tough: Says He's an All-Pro and Bills Treated Him Like A "Nobody"

BuffaloRush

1 minute ago, Gugny said:

He's an All-Pro and Bills Treated Him Like A "Nobody"

This couldn't be more accurate.  Sometimes things like this happen.  It happened.  Time to move on.

They gave him a contract that said even if he gets suspended, again, he gets all the money.  He lied about going into rehab and instead hung out with Bruce at his lakefront compound.

Who else on the Bills got a deal like that?

• Haha (+1) 1

1 minute ago, Mike in Syracuse said:

The Bills didn't help him?   They were supposed to make sure he didn't get high during the offseason?

Were they supposed to drive him around so he wouldn't wreck his car?

Kyle Williams was like a God damn father to the kid.     

He wasn't treated poorly.

All this stuff you say they shouldn't do, the Cowboys DID for Bryant. He comes from a bad situation. He's learning stuff most people learn at 16.

Edited by CuddyDark
  • Like (+1) 1

4 minutes ago, CuddyDark said:

But the coach didn't want him from day one. And stats in McDermott's defense for a DT is worthless. What are Starrs Stats for McDermott?

Stats aren't worthless.   Other guys made plays, tackles, interceptions.    Williams, Lawson, Washinton, Hughes all had tackles.   Dareus got lazy when he got his fat contract, the proof is in the numbers.

His production at Jacksonville hasn't exactly been all pro.

2 minutes ago, CuddyDark said:

All this stuff you say they shouldn't do, The  Cowboys DID for Bryant. He comes from a bad situation. He's learning stuff most people learn at 16.

I never said they shouldn't do it.   I said what was done.   Marcell is the same guy who said he was going into rehab and decided to go out instead.

Bryant?   Really?  You might want to look at his numbers this year.   Another guy who routinely quits on plays.

Edited by Mike in Syracuse

2 minutes ago, CuddyDark said:

All this stuff you say they shouldn't do, the Cowboys DID for Bryant. He comes from a bad situation. He's learning stuff most people learn at 16.

It's his 7th year in the league!  What is he learning now that you learned at 16??

• Like (+1) 1

Shame with this guy. The guy is very talented and we made every accomodation for him to be succesul on the field (sans Rex Ryan) and off the field (money). 

I would have liked that he embraced the process but it was not meant to be. I still hate the compensation we got for him, though is better than nothing.

Let it go, MD, be happy. 

1 minute ago, Mike in Syracuse said:

Stats aren't worthless.   Other guys made plays, tackles, interceptions.    Williams, Lawson, Washinton, Hughes all had tackles.   Dareus got lazy when he got his fat contract, the proof is in the numbers.

I agree Mike.  @CuddyDark says it's because he's in "Nose Tackle Shape"  LOL

Just now, Mike in Syracuse said:

You are the same people who said this about Lynch, Jason Peters, Willis and so on. You people get bitter if the player doesn't bend over backward and kiss Buffalo's ass. He's a troubled kid looking for a leader and Bills tried to play good cop bad cop. I'm telling you I know a million kids like Marcell from the East Side and if they get one hint you could turn on them, they zone you out.

Just now, BuffaloRush said:

I agree Mike.  @CuddyDark says it's because he's in "Nose Tackle Shape"  LOL

Did Rex make him a NT? Rex had him playing zero technique. Am I making that up?

1 minute ago, CuddyDark said:

You are the same people who said this about Lynch, Jason Peters, Willis and so on. You people get bitter if the player doesn't bend over backward and kiss Buffalo's ass. He's a troubled kid looking for a leader and Bills tried to play good cop bad cop. I'm telling you I know a million kids like Marcell from the East Side and if they get one hint you could turn on them, they zone you out.

You know this how?  Oh I forgot - you work for the Bills organization right?

1 minute ago, CuddyDark said:

Stop, just stop.

He's not a kid but an aging veteran on his second contract and his second team.

Just now, CuddyDark said:

You might want to be careful with your generalizations there skippy.   I never said anything about Lynch.   Peters didn't want to be here and wasn't going to stay here.    Willis McGahee was fine here.

Marcell had one great year and got a $100M contract for it.  He needs to stop crying.

3 minutes ago, dneveu said:

I dunno... multiple suspensions for drugs.  Drag racing.  Enjoyed 2 years in Club rex.  Showed up late to a preseason GAME.  not a meeting, not a practice.  a GAME. Show a little accountability for yourself Marcel.

I'm sure it's because he wanted out by then. I'm not saying I'm for any of his antics. I'm saying you have to understand kids like him. He's never going to go along to get along if he thinks you're not doing the same.

The fact that Marcell is even carrying on about the situation is in and of itself indicative of the problem with him.  The Bills made him a very rich man (not that some other team would not have).  In return for that monster contract the Bills had every right to expect that he would play and behave above acceptable and appropriate levels.

I agree with Gugny, scary thought I know.  Time to move on.  

• Like (+1) 2

1 minute ago, YoloinOhio said:

This again? Bills are living rent-free in Marcel’s head. Time to move on, 99.

No he'll have this in his head for the rest of his career. He'll still be saying, "because I'm not good enough for Buffalo," for years to come. Especially if he's doing well. Player use being cut or traded as motivation all the time.

He's an All Pro when he wants to be not always when the team needs him to be.  Unfortunately the Bills paid a lot of money to find that out.    

The Jags got him cheap and he's been a good investment so far.  Have to see how things go next week and over the next few years before anyone (including him) can make a judgement or statement like this.

18 minutes ago, CuddyDark said:

Environment is everything to a kid like Marcell. Bills didn't help him. He's lost a lot in life and he needs someone to believe in him. Bills didn't. We'll see but my guess is Marcell will be the best DT in football going forward. I really don't even look at this year because I think he's still in his NT shape.

I wish someone would not believe in me and hand me a $100 million contract