Marcell Is Talking Tough: Says He's an All-Pro and Bills Treated Him Like A "Nobody"

BuffaloRush

10 hours ago, Ol Dirty B said:

Why do high character guys usually lack talent?

What are you talking about? 

I don't like threads like this because I almost always side with talent over the coach, and most football fans always choose their team or the coach.  

They did treat him like a nobody. They didn't play him, then they traded him for nothing and took on a bunch of money. It's ridiculous. 

don't you think his attitude and work ethic led to some of this.  i loved dareus too, but people are acting like he's a victim, which is complete nonsense.

if the bills treated dareus like a nobody, they would never have given him that huge contract.  they set him up to be wealthy, and in return expected a hard worker who would be a team leader.  he wasn't either of those unfortunately, so tell me how he was treated like a nobody. 

10 hours ago, Ol Dirty B said:

Fair point. I could be wrong... but JJ Watt is not a superstar. He has 1.5 sacks over the last two years...

I think you could find a lot of guys who are/were superstars and talented who people would question their character.

I don't think you can just look at last year's sack total to decide who is or is not a star.  Watt only played 8 games in the last 2 years due to injury.

Prior to that 17.5, 20.5, 10.5, 20.5.  Moreover, he's been the heart and soul of that offense, the guy who never takes plays off, Charlie Hustle himself.

And just a stand-up guy, his charitable work etc.

14 hours ago, K-9 said:

Disgusting take. Pitiful, really. Sad for someone to hate where he's from to this degree. 

I don't hate where I'm from. I hate the moral high ground Buffalo Bills fans find themselves standing when a player doesn't kiss their ass.

15 hours ago, CuddyDark said:

On the field he was great before they hired Rex. Yes I'm on par with him because I know a million kids like him. He trusts no one. He's not a leader but he'd kill for you if you were his leader. Kyle loves him like a brother. You small Buffalo people want to hate everyone who doesn't conform to your small petty lives. And yes I'm from Buffalo. Still live in Buffalo. I understand what people like you and others here do to players who won't kiss your ass and accept Buffalo as heaven. It's a shithole and people who've been to other places know it's a shithole.

i'm not even from buffalo, but this shows what a !@#$ face you are.  i guarantee you many people on this board have a far better life than you could ever hope for.

2 minutes ago, Hapless Bills Fan said:

I don't think you can just look at last year's sack total to decide who is or is not a star.  Watt only played 8 games in the last 2 years due to injury.

Prior to that 17.5, 20.5, 10.5, 20.5.  Moreover, he's been the heart and soul of that offense, the guy who never takes plays off, Charlie Hustle himself.

And just a stand-up guy, his charitable work etc.

LMAO.

7 minutes ago, CuddyDark said:

I don't hate where I'm from. I hate the moral high ground Buffalo Bills fans find themselves standing when a player doesn't kiss their ass.

I can't even figure out what that means.  Leaving aside the obvious grammar police arrest, Showing up on time for meetings, games and being available to the team except for reasons you can't control like injury or tragedy = "kiss their ass"?  More like "valuable to the team 101"

And yeah, when you call a place a "sh**hole" then say you're from there, still live there, I'd say there's a good bit of hate.

I think we're getting a real good picture of who the a** is here and you're damn straight not gonna kiss it.  Peace out.

Edited by Hapless Bills Fan

McD expected Dareus to act like a professional,, show up on time, put forth effort, etc.  And he didn't.  And now he's gone.  And that's fine for the Bills.  When you're paid the most of the team, it comes with responsibilities.  The truly great ones embrace that.  Guys like a Jordan or a Bird were the best at what they did, and they were also the ones that busted their tail in practice and they were the ones that held their teammates responsible.  In football look at guys like Brady, Brees, Rodgers.  The great set examples fortheir team, and not negative examples.

I hate to see young people of any vocation waste their talent.  But that is what Dareus appears to be doing.  He has had difficult family circumstances, true.  But he is an adult now (at least chronologically) and he has a choice:  he can either rise above that, or he can use that as an excuse for poor behavior.  Based on his tenure in Buffalo, it would appear to be the latter.

My guess is he'll continue his behavior in JVille.  I expect issues this off-season or next season.  I hope not because, again, I hate to see talent wasted.  But when it walks like a duck and quacks like a duck, it's a duck.

1 minute ago, oldmanfan said:

McD expected Dareus to act like a professional,, show up on time, put forth effort, etc.  And he didn't.  And now he's gone.  And that's fine for the Bills.  When you're paid the most of the team, it comes with responsibilities.  The truly great ones embrace that.  Guys like a Jordan or a Bird were the best at what they did, and they were also the ones that busted their tail in practice and they were the ones that held their teammates responsible.  In football look at guys like Brady, Brees, Rodgers.  The great set examples fortheir team, and not negative examples.

I hate to see young people of any vocation waste their talent.  But that is what Dareus appears to be doing.  He has had difficult family circumstances, true.  But he is an adult now (at least chronologically) and he has a choice:  he can either rise above that, or he can use that as an excuse for poor behavior.  Based on his tenure in Buffalo, it would appear to be the latter.

My guess is he'll continue his behavior in JVille.  I expect issues this off-season or next season.  I hope not because, again, I hate to see talent wasted.  But when it walks like a duck and quacks like a duck, it's a duck.

Don't use Jordan or Bird as examples. Don't. It's not true that they were good examples of professionalism. They were just better than everyone else on the court. Off the court they had issues you should research.

15 hours ago, CuddyDark said:

You small Buffalo people want to hate everyone who doesn't conform to your small petty lives. And yes I'm from Buffalo. Still live in Buffalo. I understand what people like you and others here do to players who won't kiss your ass and accept Buffalo as heaven. It's a shithole and people who've been to other places know it's a shithole.

There's a word for people who are too afraid or incapable of moving away from places they consider shitholes in a free society. 

Ace-Ventura-ace-ventura-30820442-245-147

• Like (+1) 1

Just now, Wayne Arnold said:

So you moved away from a shithole and came back to the shithole? That's even worse. 

tumblr_mhh23zWy3k1qhhpquo1_500.gif

I guess. Make you feel better? I actually had to because my mom turned 87 and put her sunglasses in the freezer and her ice cream in the trash. Got anything else? Something cutting? Make it good this time.

1 minute ago, CuddyDark said:

I guess. Make you feel better? I actually had to because my mom turned 87 and put her sunglasses in the freezer and her ice cream in the trash. Got anything else? Something cutting? Make it good this time.

No wonder you hate your life. I bet your mom wishes you had stayed away.

12 minutes ago, CuddyDark said:

Don't use Jordan or Bird as examples. Don't. It's not true that they were good examples of professionalism. They were just better than everyone else on the court. Off the court they had issues you should research.

They et standards for their teammates as far as work ethic, etc.  Yes, they did have some issues, Jordan with his gambling and Bird was estranged from his daughter.  But no one ever questioned their work ethic.