Marcell Is Talking Tough: Says He's an All-Pro and Bills Treated Him Like A "Nobody"

BuffaloRush

Great comments from Marcel "Mr. Big Stuff" Dareus following a Jacksonville win where his defense gave up nearly 50 points.   He sure sounds like a jilted lover that was dumped.  Here's the best comment:

http://buffalonews.com/2018/01/15/marcell-dareus-says-bills-organization-treated-him-like-a-nobody/?utm_campaign=puma&utm_medium=social&utm_source=Twitter#link_time=1516027750

Then Dareus talked about his own journey. Dareus said he loved the city of Buffalo, but then offered a sarcastic thank you to Bills coach Sean McDermott for helping him make changes in his life before the trade. (Last week, he said joining the Jaguars helped turn his life around.)

I'm sorry to all you Bills revisionist historians out there, but Marcell is not the same player he was 4 years ago.  Marcell is Yes he is a competent starter that is capable of being productive.  And yes trading Marcel did hurt the Bills defense and the return they got for him was pathetic.  The problem is that Marcell couldn't be trusted not to smoke weed or to do something stupid.  He was one strike away from a season long suspension.  Worse, his contract was so bloated and did not justify his production or his importance to the defense.   Also don't think for a second that his contract won't have repercussions on Jacksonville.  Next year, they probably won't have the cap space to sign any of the big free agent QB's.

Sorry but to anyone that feels that Marcel is that all pro or one of the best players in the league is sadly mistaken.  He looked pretty good yesterday but I wouldn't call his performance dominant.  Also, he's playing on a line with two All-Pro defensive lineman and several other good pass rushers.  Watch the game film from earlier this year - or watch the games against Miami last year.  Marcell is living off his past laurels and I will stand by the fact that dumping his contract was a good move by the Bills.

Jerry Sullivan put things into perspective:

1 minute ago, BuffaloRush said:

All-Pro eh?  Sure looked like it last season

Because they played him at NT and tried to convince him he was Vince Wilfork and not Warren Sapp. We'll see how it plays out over the years but my guess is they want him to rush the passer more than Rex did.

Just now, Mike in Syracuse said:

Yeah, he just forgot to mention that he's one strike away from being out of the league.

Environment is everything to a kid like Marcell. Bills didn't help him. He's lost a lot in life and he needs someone to believe in him. Bills didn't. We'll see but my guess is Marcell will be the best DT in football going forward. I really don't even look at this year because I think he's still in his NT shape.

• Haha (+1) 3

3 minutes ago, TheTruthHurts said:

Dareus is an all pro talent, probably will be a dominant player on that team much like Lynch in Seattle. Both players went to the perfect landing spots to turn their careers around. 

You are out of your mind if you believe that in 2018.  Marcell is no longer an All-Pro.  He definitely wasn't one this season.

• Like (+1) 1

2 minutes ago, CuddyDark said:

Because they played him at NT and tried to convince him he was Vince Wilfork and not Warren Sapp. We'll see how it plays out over the years but my guess is they want him to rush the passer more than Rex did.

What were his stats this year before he was traded?    He wasn't playing NT.

Wow, when doe he shut up about this?  His "all pro" days are behind him.  He's part of a line that doesn't rely on him like the Bills did/would.  He's got it good right now, but he's a child.  Next Monday, he can go back to the strip club and Mongolian buffet all 7 days a week until OTA's.

Move on bro.

• Like (+1) 1

1 minute ago, CuddyDark said:

Environment is everything to a kid like Marcell. Bills didn't help him. He's lost a lot in life and he needs someone to believe in him. Bills didn't. We'll see but my guess is Marcell will be the best DT in football going forward. I really don't even look at this year because I think he's still in his NT shape.

Sure - because Marcell was an the best DT this season right?

1 minute ago, CuddyDark said:

The Bills didn't help him?   They were supposed to make sure he didn't get high during the offseason?

Were they supposed to drive him around so he wouldn't wreck his car?

Kyle Williams was like a God damn father to the kid.     

He wasn't treated poorly.

• Like (+1) 2