Why Daboll?

gjv001

6 minutes ago, gjv001 said:

What is it about Daboll that led McDermott and Beane to hire him as OC?

Plenty of NFL experience as an OC and play caller.  Knows the AFC East and particularly NE.  Led the offense of the National Champions this year.  WNY ties, U of R grad.  Patriots will most likely lose both OC and DC and probably would have been interested in bringing back Daboll.  Should I go on?  Makes absolute perfect sense to hire this guy. 

• Like (+1) 2

10 minutes ago, gjv001 said:

What is it about Daboll that led McDermott and Beane to hire him as OC?

has shown a talent of making due with what he has for players versus making the players fit a scheme.  that and solid playcalling would differentiate him from dennison imo

Want to have the Patriot system on offense.  My understanding it has become the most player friendly system.  Verbage is the simplest for a Qb and players to learn and operate.  Smart guy who is from a fantastic coaching tree.  Able to adapt to any style of play with seamless instillation.  

Edited by Mat68

28 minutes ago, xsoldier54 said:

Plenty of NFL experience as an OC and play caller.  Knows the AFC East and particularly NE.  Led the offense of the National Champions this year.  WNY ties, U of R grad.  Patriots will most likely lose both OC and DC and probably would have been interested in bringing back Daboll.  Should I go on?  Makes absolute perfect sense to hire this guy. 

Plus there is absolutely every indication he will be able to trade for Hogan and bring stability back to our WR group.